Marry Laboski

NOA1 received !

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The main part now is just waiting until the NOA 2. The documents you want to collect will depend on what you submitted in your petition. You can start collection evidence of proof of relationship (chats, phone calls, emails, cards, etc). If you submitted proof of a relationship in the K1 packet you mailed (frontload) then you really don't need to work on that.

You can contact the IRS to get tax transcripts for the last 3 years.

However, I think what will be most productive is reading on the forums (regional forums) and find out what the next steps will be, what documents are needed, and start gathering that information. The reason for this is the beneficiary will need police clearances, birth certificates, passport, and other information that might take weeks to gather. Sometimes you will read about something a person has experienced that is unusual and you might take an extra step to prevent that from happening to you. For an example, I read on this site that a Filipina was recently interviewed in Canada and the interviewer asked her for her CENOMAR. CENOMAR is a Philippines only certificate of marriage. Even though she was interviewing in Canada the interviewer asked her for it and this is unusual. Now this poor couple had to wait for the CENOMAR to arrive and then had to mail it in and last I knew they were still waiting to hear back that they were approved. A $25 certificate cost them weeks. We ordered one fully expecting not to have to present it but if it happened once it can happen again.

So read the forums and make notes of what is to come. Get all the information ready (Police Certs are good for 1 year or 6 months in some places) for the next steps and just prep. Getting the K1 packet together is a giant step but only a fraction of what you need to do. Keep educating yourself off of others experiences.

Met online - 12/2008

Met in Person 1st Time - 2/2009

Engaged - 12/2009

Filed I-129F - 3/27/11

Received Electronic NOA 1 - 4/7/11

NOA 2 - 6/29/11 (83 days from NOA 1)

RFE 8/15/11 (Needed proof that Fiancee is in Canada legally, Philippine citizen)

Packet 3 - 9/6/11

Packet 4 - Never Received

Interview 12/1/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

If you follow the K1 guide (in Guides - top of this page) and your Embassy requirements for Packet 3 and Interview (see Embassy Info - also top of this page) they will outline the process to be followed, as different countries have different requirements. As has been said its a good idea to follow posts here so you are aware of any pitfalls or requirements specific to the beneficiary's country that may help make your journey easier. All the best.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you can start reading on what you have to do for after NOA2 is approved!

best of luck to that!

Edited by N.Richards

N.Richards and S. Sanderson
Euro-Asian and a Amer-Asian

NVC: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
SC: California Service Center
Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2011-K1 Visa Application Process
3-24: I-129F Sent
3-30: USCIS Withdrew money sent
4-05: NOA1 Received in Arizona
6-18: NOA2 Received in Arizona
7-18: NVC Received case
7-19: AP at NVC
7-21: Case left NVC
8-09: Paid Interview at BPI
8-15: Day 1 Medical at St. Luke's
8-16: Day 2 Medical at St. Luke's
8-22: INTERVIEW USEM MANILA (Approved)

AOS
Lock Box: Chicago IL
12-14: FedEx Express AOS Documents
12-23: Received Text Message and E-mail Confirmation of Documents
12-28: AOS cheque drawn and notifications sent via mail(Finally!)
12-30: Bio-metrics appointment letter received
01-24: Bio-metrics Appointment
03-09: Permanent Residence Interview (With Husband)
Moved to PHX, AZ- Reported it to USICS
03-17: 1st Green card revived in the mail (VALID FOR 2 YEARS -Re Apply in 2013-2014)

11-19: Reported new address to USCIS: Approved

ROC

02-16: Sent i-751 Conditions to remove restrictions

03-13: Bio-metrics Appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

you can start preparing some of your documents now. It still takes about 5-7 months to get noa2 on average....but it could be sooner.

There are some things you really cant do until the time of noa2...like the police cert..it needs to have a validity on it for the interview so if you get it now it may not be valid by the interview date.

you can get all your documents such as birth cert, marriage translation etc.... go thru NADRA to get these as it seems some ppl are getting held back at interview time for not having them and some ppl are having no issues with not having NADRA...its a toss up. Research this carefully. All this can be done now with the exception of the police and medical.

Put together your chats, emails etc and continue to retain them as time goes by you dont wnat to be at the noa2 stage and interview stage struggling to print a lot of things from your communications. If you do a little bit at a time it isnt so overwhelming.

good luck

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

from my Point of view what i have lately contemplated and experienced reading all Members timeline and seeing Process timeline depending

on service center you are in to it depends if the service center is less load of work you can get your NOA2 faster but 2011 year

is not as loadful as the previous year seems to be so just keep your finger cross once you acquire your N0A2 just find out what

documents you need you certainly need to prepare for your Proofs showing you met in person engagement pics chat logs emails

and if you need to know what sort of documents u will have to carry to the embassy you need to get your Police Report certificate

Birth certificate have to get your Medical Report physicians are instructed by Islamabad embassy website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.