amandas1216

i-130 was recieved may 16

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

just wondering if itll be approved soon....some r going and approved fast.i hear californias going faster that vermont?this is really making me sick not knowing!:(i check daily and it hurts alot being so far apart!thanks!

If CA keeps up their current pace, you are looking at a wait time of approximately 1-1.5 months.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

just wondering if itll be approved soon....some r going and approved fast.i hear californias going faster that vermont?this is really making me sick not knowing!:(i check daily and it hurts alot being so far apart!thanks!

THis is a hard process....Bahadir and I waited for 216 days for our NOA2. This is the hardest to go through and to be away from the one you love. But staying positive is the most important , Patience is necessary! If you have a bad moment allow yourself a small amount of time to be upset and be sad....but then focus on him and think of all the great moments that make you want to be with him. This will get you through! No one breezes right through this...so dont put that pressure on yourself. This time apart is going to be like a blip in time . You will be laying in bed and smiling because you focused and made it through. Its worth the wait!!! We are waiting on our interview date and yes we have bad days...but we will be ok. Maybe not look at igors list everyday, this is about 10% of visas being worked on...it can make you nuts and seeing california approve people in 3 months.YOur estimated date is just that...estimate it could be before this date you receive the NOA2 or sometime after...just keep your love in your mind at all times!!! It will come!

Keep me update our your journey ..we are all here for you....

Timeline

just i really do have my good and bad days!todays a bad day....it be easier if i had more family or friends i guess....i just want him home and im sure my kids prolly think hes never coming back:(im in pain...

You can do this! And we are here for you...Its hard for people to understand this situation anyway on the outside looking in. We all support each other and show concern and care! Dont ever think you are alone. We all have had these feelings and it is tough when you dont know the date all this waiting will end. But the day it comes you will relax and look back at these days for reference only. As of this weekend was 1 year since i flew to turkey. Bahadir and i have had amazing days and bad days...feeling so unbearable the stress of being apart.But this is our road. Rely on everyone here! We have a turkish group, ask any question and we will all do what we can...we understand you!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287656-turk-kahvesi-turkish-coffee-cafe/page__st__660__p__4774754#entry4774754

Where is your Husband at now? what city?

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

hes in istanbul...i get attitude from my dad and my oldest daughter cuz they dont understand.then most of the time im at home alone with my boys if im not at work.i feel so alone because i dont really have friends except like facebook.that dont really count!then if i do stuff it costs money and i already worry about that too!thanks for being supportive!

Timeline

hes in istanbul...i get attitude from my dad and my oldest daughter cuz they dont understand.then most of the time im at home alone with my boys if im not at work.i feel so alone because i dont really have friends except like facebook.that dont really count!then if i do stuff it costs money and i already worry about that too!thanks for being supportive!

Timeline

in a relationship that is long distant...most people arent supportive. Because they dont understand, they dont understand why we would go through all this for the one we have chosen best for our life. Let them have attitude because the best way to overcome that is to be happy and to be a real couple in front of the doubters. People would say to me "why not just chose someone here?" My response is always" Because we all get to chose the person we are in love with?" I tell people "I feel more love and respect from bahadir all the way across the world then i have ever with any man standing in front of me , why would I not fight for him" Its rare to find someone and we here at VJ know what you are thinking and feeling....remember when you feel alone, we all have those days...this process shouldnt be easy, and i say that because we arent allowed conventional means to get to know someone. We are tested so we know both people will stand through the bad and tough times. DOnt you think this is better then just being blissful in something not real? Clear your mind you can do this! He is worth it? He makes you feel you can fight till the end? Block out the doubters , because they dont know what you have. WHen you are alone, know one day this will all be a memory and make you appreciate the day he is in the home. Money is money and we all have great days and bad days. Believe me I have turned my life around to make life changes for the better of Bahadir coming here. Smile because you have found something most people can only wish for.....it will be....we are all here!

Timeline

thanks u r so positive and i wish i wasnt so damn depressed!i would like to push the fast forward button and have it go faster.im angry that we r us citizens and they make us go threw all of this!im angry that people get married just to stay here and its fake!if people did not scam with this or anything else it prolly wouldnt be so much to go threw this!he is worth it but when we got married i never thought hed leave my side!i didnt wanna believe we would go threw being seperated!people in this country as far as im concerned r out to hurt and use people!i believe people that grow up in other countries do have better morals than here.u seem like a great person and we both deserve or spouses here!i hope i get threw this and it goes by somewhat fast!weve been only seperated 2 months!boy it feels longer!thanks hun for lifting my spirits even though it dont seem like it....im still down but its nice to know i can talk to people that r going threw the same thing!

Timeline

thanks u r so positive and i wish i wasnt so damn depressed!i would like to push the fast forward button and have it go faster.im angry that we r us citizens and they make us go threw all of this!im angry that people get married just to stay here and its fake!if people did not scam with this or anything else it prolly wouldnt be so much to go threw this!he is worth it but when we got married i never thought hed leave my side!i didnt wanna believe we would go threw being seperated!people in this country as far as im concerned r out to hurt and use people!i believe people that grow up in other countries do have better morals than here.u seem like a great person and we both deserve or spouses here!i hope i get threw this and it goes by somewhat fast!weve been only seperated 2 months!boy it feels longer!thanks hun for lifting my spirits even though it dont seem like it....im still down but its nice to know i can talk to people that r going threw the same thing!

Bahadir and I waited for 7 months for our NOA2. We were seeing people getting approved in California in 3 months. This was a really tough time. We had to stop looking at what was happening with everyone else. We are currently waiting for our interview. I want to hit the fast forward button too!! Yes I learned of a lady who agreed to marry this man here. SHe just met him. I was so mad and I agree it feels wrong...but the best part is that when people do things the right way..they can live free, they can stand proud that they built a strong foundation. Bahadir is a very money conscience person and as of this month, Bahadir and i have been apart for 1 year...and this is tough, but the man i have he works 12 hours and still comes on everynight for a hour or 2. EVERYDAY...It is hard to be away , and you will have sad bad days...Focus on the next step...maybe this can keep your mind busy....

How did you guys meet??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

just keep your faith, my husbands VERY depressed right now being away from his wife an kids an he cant handle it some people just cant but he keeps going with the thought if he gave up he'd never get us again so he drives through the hurt works hard an focus's on getting back, time spent apart is nothing compared to the time spent toghether in the future it just makes it that much sweeter when he is back knowing he wont ever have to leave, also i checked out your profile you asked when you get your interview, the process is a lil bit more complex than that, theres alot more to do between now and then more fees to pay an more paperwork and waiting to be done, but chin up good things come to those who wait!

Timeline

we met online but he was here on a work visa.we spent alot of time together and then he moved in and everything was great till this.we never had any disagreements or anything!i see some peoples i-130s go fast.is there a diffrence between the i-129s?are they the same time to wait?crazy thing i dont have any records or i never even really gotten tickets or arrested!its going on day 60 and im hoping itll be with the next month....i give u alot of credit girl!why is urs taking so long?have u gotten any answers from the nvc?all we can do is pray...this is only part of my issues!im having a rough time with my teenage daughter too.so im at my max for stress!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.