mikefromga

February Filer Left Behind

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Following Igor's List I seem to be one of the February filers that have been left behind. Anybody else out there besides me that this is happening to and does anyone have any opinions on why this has happened?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we are a Febuary filer...Feb 11th...so today was our five months....i called and talked to a rep (tier 2) and they put in a service request to Vermont...I'm not sure whats going on, but i do feel your pain...

Following Igor's List I seem to be one of the February filers that have been left behind. Anybody else out there besides me that this is happening to and does anyone have any opinions on why this has happened?

You're not alone! I am still hanging out with a NOA1 date of February 7th. And my file is with CSC, the supposed "faster" service center. I spoke to a Tier 2 representative last week who was very nice and very reassuring and was advised that technically they are are still processing mid-January... VJ is not the sum and total of petitions processed by USCIS, there are many, many other filers out there going through this process. I was advised to be patient for a couple of more weeks, and if no notice was received, I should call back and they will check my status again. Have you tried calling a Tier 2 at USCIS yet? It might be helpful.... and if there is a problem, contact your congressman, they readily call on matters that are over the 5 month "estimated" processing time to check status for petitioners. Good luck to you!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same here im a Feb 14 filer and i called a week early to check whats going on they told me to call back on the 14th so in 3 days this thursday its stressing me out hehe..and im hearing CSC people complaining about getting there NOA2 approval and still waiting to be sent to NVC.. sheesh they got approved way earlier than us in 3 months i believe.They should be grateful..o well trying to be patient..GOOD LUCK TO ALL FEB FILERS that was left behind! love you VERMONT! hahah

Us, too. Sucks. I am really hoping this week will be it though. I say that weekly. I even dread Fridays now. Stupid USCIS. We were right on the March cusp, though, and it seems Feb 28th and March 1st aren't moving so well.

Anyway, good luck to you all!

ROC Timeline

8.19.14- Mailed I-751 to VSC

8.27.14- Check cleared

8.29.14- Received NOA1 dated 8/25

9.8.14- Recived biometrics notice

9.19.14- Biometrics appointment @ 9AM

3.24.15- Received text notification of case status update-- APPROVED!

3.26.15- Approval notice came in the mail- approval date 3.20.15

4.4.15- Card in hand

See previous timelines below.

K1 Timeline

2.23.11- I-129F Mailed
2.26.11- I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox @ 7:15AM
2.28.11- NOA1 Receipt date
3.3.11- NOA1 Text/Email received
3.3.11- Check cleared- $340
3.7.11- NOA1 Hardcopy received
7.13.11- NOA2 receipt date (135 Days from NOA1 to NOA2)
7.18.11- NOA2 Hardcopy received
7.20.11- NOA2 email/text received8.2.11- Emailed inquiry to NVC
8.3.11- Case forwarded from NVC to London
8.4.11- Case number received from NVC
8.15.11- Packet 3 received
8.25.11- Packet 3 returned
9.5.11- Medical
9.24.11- Packet 3 logged
10.12.11- Interview...APPROVED!! (226 days from NOA1 to Interview)
10.18.11- Visa in hand
10.20.11- POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

7.2.12- Mailed I-485, I-131 & I-765
7.5.12- Receipt date for I-765 & I-131
7.13.12- Receipt date for I-485
7.17.12- Check cleared- $1070
7.17.12- Received text and email NOA for all 3 applications
7.21.12- Received biometrics appointment letter
8.14.12- Biometrics @ 10AM
10.5.12- Service request submitted on EAD
10.18.12- Contacted Congressman Jimmy Dean's office- no reply
10.29.12- Contacted Senator Corker's office
10.31.12- AOS APPROVED! EAD & AP terminated as unnecessary
11.5.12- Welcome letter arrived & card production ordered
11.8.12- GC IN HAND!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jan 14th! Your options are fairly limited, I'm afraid:

1. Call USCIS, ask to be transferred to a Tier 2 IO, ask that they put in a service request.

2. Write your member of congress, ask that they contact VSC and look into it.

3. 30 days after service request, call again, request expedite. Submit request via e-mail also: VSC.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

I see little other recourse, personally. But your member of congress is a good route. They promptly contacted VSC for us and received a response - something vague about it being forwarded to an IO, but a reassurance at least that it hadn't been lost.

Best of luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.