10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance and I sent our package in, and received our NOA1 Febuary the 11th from VSC...we are still waiting for an NOA2, and was wondering since Monday will be our 'five months' allotted time can we call for an inquiry? We are seeing approvals from VSC from March, and are concerned as to what is holding ours up...any feedback would be greatly appreciated. tks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

No expert here

but believe you need to wait 5 months + 30 days or almost 6 months :angry: :angry:

but others will be along to correct me if wrong

Edited by Ironman140

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Timeline

You can try. It isn't uncommon for VSC to take 5-6 months, though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks, we were just getting a bit frustrated seeing others receiving their NOA2 that are march filers from VSC.

Thanks, we were just getting a bit frustrated seeing others receiving their NOA2 that are march filers from VSC.

Yep, that's how this process goes. It isn't always "fair" but your turn will come. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We applied on November 8th, 2010 and we still have not received our NOA2. It is now over 8 months.

We got a RFE and sent in the response a month ago and still nothing. Welcome to the wonderfu world of

USCIS. There really is no answer as to why some people sail right through and get approved in 3 months

and then others can take up to a year or longer.

Timeline

We applied on November 8th, 2010 and we still have not received our NOA2. It is now over 8 months.

We got a RFE and sent in the response a month ago and still nothing. Welcome to the wonderfu world of

USCIS. There really is no answer as to why some people sail right through and get approved in 3 months

and then others can take up to a year or longer.

have they given you an update? I was told you can call after 5 months..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Call USCIS but speak to Tier 2 agent directly. Tell the tier 1 agent that you were asked to call back and speak to Tier 2 directly..They'll transfer you without any issues. Tier 2 agents have the most update status. If I call right now and speak to Tier 1 agent, they'll tell me my case is still under Initial review..even though I received my NOA2 on June 17th.

10FEB11: FedEx I129F Packet to Lewisville, TX

14FEB11: NOA1 "Received Date"

18FEB11: Touched

17JUN11: NOA2 hard copy

19JUL11: NVC Received

21JUL11: Embassy Received

25JUL11: Packet 3 Sent from Embassy

03AUG11: Emailed packet 3 to Embassy

07SEP11: Interview

Timeline

Call USCIS but speak to Tier 2 agent directly. Tell the tier 1 agent that you were asked to call back and speak to Tier 2 directly..They'll transfer you without any issues. Tier 2 agents have the most update status. If I call right now and speak to Tier 1 agent, they'll tell me my case is still under Initial review..even though I received my NOA2 on June 17th.

ahh thanks for that..i did and they sent in a service request to VSC due to our dates..she gave me a reference number and told me i shhould hear something within the week...fingers crossed...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.