NateP

Petitioning for Romanian fiance residing in Italy.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only thing not all embassies require legal residency, such as Cyprus. The thing is the EU countries these days allow residents of other European countries to work and reside there. So they are there legally.

If she was there "legally" to live an work, then why does she need to return "home" every 3 months?

The go home every three months is a sign of temporary status and not residency....

YMMV

If she was there "legally" to live an work, then why does she need to return "home" every 3 months?

The go home every three months is a sign of temporary status and not residency....

Like the OP said its required by Italy, I'm guessing that Romania is not a EU country, and so she does not have an EU passport.

But its the US embassy that decides whether she is legal enough to interview there, not Italian rules on whether she has to return once in a while.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

Like the OP said its required by Italy, I'm guessing that Romania is not a EU country, and so she does not have an EU passport.

But its the US embassy that decides whether she is legal enough to interview there, not Italian rules on whether she has to return once in a while.

true NVC will decide... but based on the limited facts... she ain't qualified to interview in Italy. The DOS does not allow people to consulate shop. (I don't like Franfurt, and I heard Paris is a pushover, so I go visit France as a tourist and try to apply there). That is why residency is needed and not simply tourist status.

OP come back and let us know when your petition has been approved and NVC assigns the consulate

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

LOL romania is an EU country since 2007. but that means we dont need tourists visas for many EU countries. you're allowed to stay in an EU country only for 90 days without a visa, then you have to return

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

LOL romania is an EU country since 2007. but that means we dont need tourists visas for many EU countries. you're allowed to stay in an EU country only for 90 days without a visa, then you have to return

Ok but you have to be a Romanian Citizen to get an EU passport right? Do you have an EU passport DeeDee? They don't even stamp EU passports when you go from one country to another. I know cause my fiance mostly just has to flash her EU passport to enter any EU country and she has had no problem staying and working in Cyprus.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

Will nvc or the consulate contact my fiance, or be sending her any documents? Or will they solely communicate through the petitioner?

USCIS to the petitioner

Consulate to the alien applicant

YMMV

Ok but you have to be a Romanian Citizen to get an EU passport right? Do you have an EU passport DeeDee? They don't even stamp EU passports when you go from one country to another. I know cause my fiance mostly just has to flash her EU passport to enter any EU country and she has had no problem staying and working in Cyprus.

well i got my passport in 2008 and when i traveled i didnt get any stamp. they only looked at my id and passport and that was it.

@NateP: uscis and nvc will only contact you. you'll get the notices and probably something from nvc. when nvc sends the approved petition to the embassy in bucharest they will send a packet 3 with forms to your fiancee. she has to send them back to them and set the date of the interview with HAS to take place in bucharest, because she doesnt seem to have a permanent status in italy. also the packet 3 will probably be sent to her home adress in romania

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.