NateP

Petitioning for Romanian fiance residing in Italy.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

1. I am an active duty soldier stationed in Italy. My fiance is a Romanian citizen residing in Italy. We live in the same city, and see each other every day. I am petitioning for her K1 visa. Can we go to Napoli to get the medical exams and do her interview, since it is closest to where she resides, or does we need to go to Bucarest?

2. On which form, and to which address will USCIS be sending me my receipt? I put my APO address in PART C, Question #1, of form I-129F, and my home address in the states in Part A, Question #2. At which address will USCIS be corresponding with me? To which address will they be corresponding with her? She doesn't have a mailing address in Italy, but receives packages through my APO address.

3. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. I am an active duty soldier stationed in Italy. My fiance is a Romanian citizen residing in Italy. We live in the same city, and see each other every day. I am petitioning for her K1 visa. Can we go to Napoli to get the medical exams and do her interview, since it is closest to where she resides, or does we need to go to Bucarest?

2. On which form, and to which address will USCIS be sending me my receipt? I put my APO address in PART C, Question #1, of form I-129F, and my home address in the states in Part A, Question #2. At which address will USCIS be corresponding with me? To which address will they be corresponding with her? She doesn't have a mailing address in Italy, but receives packages through my APO address.

consulate that has jurisdiction over the alien's current legal residency.

uscis won't correspond with her. does she have a physical address in italy so naples can contact her?

YMMV

Yes she can interview there as long as she is a resident there and has an address there where she can get her mail. I had been approved for my fiance in the past and am reapplying for her now and she resides in Cyprus but is from Latvia.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

Yes she can interview there as long as she is a resident there and has an address there where she can get her mail. I had been approved for my fiance in the past and am reapplying for her now and she resides in Cyprus but is from Latvia.

So on the I-129F, I put her Romanian home address as(Part B. Question #2), and her Italian address as her address abroad, correct?

So on the I-129F, I put her Romanian home address as(Part B. Question #2), and her Italian address as her address abroad, correct?

Her address where she is living currently in Italy would go in Part B Question 2.

Were you planning to put in her address in Romania, I didn't think there was even a place for that on the I-129F? Are you talking about her address abroad as her parents address in Romania? Sort of confused me there, or maybe you are taking about the G-325A. You don't have to list her address in Romania, except maybe on the G-325A where it asks her last 5 years of residence. For the interview she'll probably need policice reports from Italy and Romania. I think on the G325A they talk about the last address abroad but on that form they talk about abroad as outside the US.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Ok I see you're talking about Part B Question 15. When they talk about abroad just list her current italian address there. They just mean abroad as in, not in the US.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Ok I see you're talking about Part B Question 15. When they talk about abroad just list her current italian address there. They just mean abroad as in, not in the US.

What if she doesn't have the Italian Residency Cerificate? The address in Italy is where she is currently staying, so that will still be her address even if her home is in Romania?

Her home is in Romania, but she is just living and working in Italy.

So on the i129f, put her Italian address, and on the g325a state her Romanian home address...

Timeline

consulate that has jurisdiction over the alien's current legal residency.

uscis won't correspond with her. does she have a physical address in italy so naples can contact her?

She is a legal resident as a tourist right now, she has to go back to her home in Romania every 3 months, as required by Italian law, since she doesn't have her certificato di residenza. But she is a member of the EU, so this is ok. She does have a physical address in Italy. So she can go to naples for the interview and exam?

Timeline

She is a legal resident as a tourist right now, she has to go back to her home in Romania every 3 months, as required by Italian law, since she doesn't have her certificato di residenza. But she is a member of the EU, so this is ok. She does have a physical address in Italy. So she can go to naples for the interview and exam?

As far as evidence of our relationship, I have plenty of pictures of us together, and receipts/iteneraries of us traveling to Romania together. I think this should be enough, right?

What about evidence of ongoing relationship? The letters of intent will suffice?

if she's not a citizen of italy she might need to go in bucharest for her interview since u say she has to go to romania every 3 months. as for what you need for the k1 this will help http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/300-general-k1-guides-and-info/ uscis and nvc will only contact you

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

if she's not a citizen of italy she might need to go in bucharest for her interview since u say she has to go to romania every 3 months. as for what you need for the k1 this will help http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/300-general-k1-guides-and-info/ uscis and nvc will only contact you

Hi DeeDee, just curious, did Romania become an EU country?

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

What if she doesn't have the Italian Residency Cerificate? The address in Italy is where she is currently staying, so that will still be her address even if her home is in Romania?

So on the i129f, put her Italian address, and on the g325a state her Romanian home address...

That makes it a little confusing. She could definitely interview in Bucharest Romania, but I can't tell you for certain about the Italian embassy.

Maybe you should try to call them and see if they will let her interview there. I mean I would say they should let her but ...

Here's the VJ link to the embassy and it mentions that they responded on phone for information so you might be able to ask them if she can interview there.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Italy&cty=Naples

Good luck.

P.S. Its hard to say since not all embassies have the same policy.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

tourist status does not make one a legal resident...

YMMV

tourist status does not make one a legal resident...

Only thing not all embassies require legal residency, such as Cyprus. The thing is the EU countries these days allow residents of other European countries to work and reside there. So they are there legally.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

I think you should attach sheets to both I-129F and G325A explaining about her address in Romania and Italy so to clear up any posible confusion.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.