Charles C

Travel with K-1 Visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

After my fiancee has her K-1 approved, we will goto the US and immediately (like the week we arrive) get married and send in the next stage of paperwork. But I want to know about her restrictions (if any) about traveling back and forth from the US and Honduras. I think the K-1 is a single-entry VISA, but family situations require us to go back to Honduras for a while soon after we marry (within a couple weeks). Will she be able to travel back and forth after we are married? Are there additional forms we need to complete in order for her to be able to come and go between the US and Honduras? She will not be working in either country - but she is the primary caregiver for her three year old nephew and we can not be away from Honduras for any longer than required.

Thanks in advance for advice and experience.

Charles

After my fiancee has her K-1 approved, we will goto the US and immediately (like the week we arrive) get married and send in the next stage of paperwork. But I want to know about her restrictions (if any) about traveling back and forth from the US and Honduras. I think the K-1 is a single-entry VISA, but family situations require us to go back to Honduras for a while soon after we marry (within a couple weeks). Will she be able to travel back and forth after we are married? Are there additional forms we need to complete in order for her to be able to come and go between the US and Honduras? She will not be working in either country - but she is the primary caregiver for her three year old nephew and we can not be away from Honduras for any longer than required.

Thanks in advance for advice and experience.

Charles

Once she enters on the K1 visa she will not be able to leave the country without having AP. In order to get AP you must file for the AOS. Once you have the receipt you can make an info pass appointment and they will determine if they are able to issue advance parole as an emergency. DO NOT let her leave the U.S. without the AP or you will have to start the process over under a CR1.

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

She cannot leave the country and come back until after you marry, file for AOS, and receive her travel permission. That will take at least 2 months after you file for AOS. There is no way around it. If travel immediately was a concern, then you should have married and filed for a spousal visa. I am sorry, there is no way to speed this up. She can leave but she won't come back any time soon. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.