4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know the standard processing time for adjudicating an I-485 is 4 months. My local USCIS office says it is adjudicating cases within standard processing times.

My question is: When is an AOS case considered outside normal processing time? What does the 4 month timeframe refer to? Is it getting an interview scheduled? Or, is it having the case adjudicated? With the I-129F it was simple - you either had the NOA2 within 5 months or you didn't and could file a service request.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

4 months seems quite long to not have received interview appointment yet. Have you tried calling them?

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

4 months seems quite long to not have received interview appointment yet. Have you tried calling them?

They are only at 3 months and a week, not 4 months. You can call them, but you don't have an appointment because your local office doesn't have appointments, or you are in line to be approved with no interview at CSC. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It probably is just another case of having bad luck in getting a slow case worker/office again.

I actually felt better when our local office was about 2 months behind because I wasn't expecting to hear anything yet. Now that they aren't behind schedule, I'm a bit worried that our interview date was set and we never received notice. For them to still be processing on time, we should have heard something about a date by now. That is my biggest concern at the moment. I will actually feel relieved if they are showing a delay again when they update the USCIS website in a few days (or if we receive some news!)

Nothing else to do right now than wait but she will be calling at the 4-month mark if we still haven't heard anything.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.