KdRjN

Illinois Driver License

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello guys,

I m here at Illinois.I want to get the driver license here so is anyone here illinois that can share their experience about Driver license ?

what kind of questions they are asking ?

How many questions required ?

Could you please help me to prepare ?

thanks

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Hello guys,

I m here at Illinois.I want to get the driver license here so is anyone here illinois that can share their experience about Driver license ?

thanks

All info you need is here: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/drivers_license/acceptable_id.html

Don't know which city you're in, but go to DMV and get the driver's manual - you WILL be tested on the sample questions in the book.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello guys,

thanks

You'll need a Green Card, which I believe you have with the visa you used to enter the US. You should get your SSN.

You will have to pass a simple vision test. Pay a slight fee.

Then you have to pass a written test.

Go to the Illinois DMV website and download and thoroughly study the Rules of the Road. There are sample questions at the end of each chapter; those are typical of the test questions. The test is heavy on signs; know the shapes, colors and the basic signs.

Then you have to arrive at the test facility with a fully insured, properly operational vehicle. You and the driving test instructor will first go over basic operation of the vehicle, verify all lights work properly and then the instructor will tell you to drive onto a prescribed route around, usually, a nearby residential neighborhood.

One trick is to arrive at the facility ealry one other day and stealthily follow another testee and their testor out to predetermine the route taken so you can practice driving that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

All info you need is here: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/drivers_license/acceptable_id.html

Don't know which city you're in, but go to DMV and get the driver's manual - you WILL be tested on the sample questions in the book.

Thank you

I am in Rockford.

ROC

Timeline

You'll need a Green Card, which I believe you have with the visa you used to enter the US. You should get your SSN.

You will have to pass a simple vision test. Pay a slight fee.

Then you have to pass a written test.

Go to the Illinois DMV website and download and thoroughly study the Rules of the Road. There are sample questions at the end of each chapter; those are typical of the test questions. The test is heavy on signs; know the shapes, colors and the basic signs.

Then you have to arrive at the test facility with a fully insured, properly operational vehicle. You and the driving test instructor will first go over basic operation of the vehicle, verify all lights work properly and then the instructor will tell you to drive onto a prescribed route around, usually, a nearby residential neighborhood.

One trick is to arrive at the facility ealry one other day and stealthily follow another testee and their testor out to predetermine the route taken so you can practice driving that.

Thank you so much.

I did not received my GC and SSN yet

I already got my hand book about rules of the road.

Yes all i wanted to know is about what kind of questoins they might asking me so most of them about signs

then most of question also comes from the book

i also want to ask this somebody told me that and he lives in part of IL when we will have the writting exam on the screen for example if we dont know the answer so we can skip the question then answer the neext question is it right ?

Thank you again

ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I took the both the written and driving test in one day. just read the rules of the road, then all will be easy. i chose to go to a not so busy DMV office (hence the written exam, not a computerized one) so as to have a driving exam in a not so busy area and it helped.

you will have to wait until you have the IDs that fall under the 3 categories though. so while you are waiting for them, familiarize yourself with the road signs for now while you're driving (if you have your country's license that you can use).

12-16-2010 (Day 1) I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-I-765 applications sent to USCIS received
12-27-2010 (Day 11) NOAs received thru USPS plus Biometrics schedule for 1/12/2011 @ Michigan City IN and Rejection Notice for I-131.
01-05-2011 (Day 20) I-131 Refiled
01-12-2011 (Day 27) Biometrics completed in 10 minutes (whereas the drive is 1.5 hrs one-way, thanks to snowstorm in IN)
01-31-2011 (Day 46) RFE received (received via email alert)
02-22-2011 (Day 68) Response to RFE received by USCIS (received via email alert)
03-03-2011 (Day 77) EAD Card in Production (received via email alert)
03-14-2011 (Day 88) EAD/AP Combo Card Received
04-14-2011 (Day 121) Interview, Approved!
04-18-2011 (Day 125) E-mail alert received for Card/Document Production
04-23-2011 (Day 130) Green card in the mail
Removing Conditions
01/14/2013 (Day 1) Mailed out I-751 documents to CA Service Center
01/22/2013 (Day 8) Received Receipt Notice
02/13/2013 (Day 30) Biometrics Schedule @ Michigan City, IN

06/19/2013 (Day 156) E-mail alert received for Card Production

06/29/2013 (Day 166) Received card in the mail

Timeline

Hi,

I took the both the written and driving test in one day. just read the rules of the road, then all will be easy. i chose to go to a not so busy DMV office (hence the written exam, not a computerized one) so as to have a driving exam in a not so busy area and it helped.

you will have to wait until you have the IDs that fall under the 3 categories though. so while you are waiting for them, familiarize yourself with the road signs for now while you're driving (if you have your country's license that you can use).

Hello Pink,

Thank you for reply i m studying rules of road IL. i m sure it will help me but i have a broken english so sometimes i m having hard time but i can do it.

I have my own driver license but i thought i cant use it bec i did not make it international in my country.

how many question they are asking?

to be succesful in the exam how many question i have to answer correct ?

ROC

Timeline

hi again.

I am not aware as to the passing rate of the written exam however in case you haven't gotten a copy yet of the review course workbook, go visit this link:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_ds9.pdf

As to the number of questions, as stated on the PDF,

WRITTEN EXAM

The written exam consists of 35 questions, 15 of which will address traffic sign identification and the

remaining 20 will either be multiple choice or true/false questions.

Just practice on those questions and you'll have your license in no time. Good luck! :)

12-16-2010 (Day 1) I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-I-765 applications sent to USCIS received
12-27-2010 (Day 11) NOAs received thru USPS plus Biometrics schedule for 1/12/2011 @ Michigan City IN and Rejection Notice for I-131.
01-12-2011 (Day 27) Biometrics completed in 10 minutes (whereas the drive is 1.5 hrs one-way, thanks to snowstorm in IN)
02-22-2011 (Day 68) Response to RFE received by USCIS (received via email alert)
Removing Conditions

Timeline

hi again.

I am not aware as to the passing rate of the written exam however in case you haven't gotten a copy yet of the review course workbook, go visit this link:

WRITTEN EXAM

The written exam consists of 35 questions, 15 of which will address traffic sign identification and the

Just practice on those questions and you'll have your license in no time. Good luck! :)

Wow Salamat!!! :)

Thank you so much the link you gave me is so useful its really going to help me alot

I believe i will have my license!!!

Have good day

ROC

Timeline

hi again.

WRITTEN EXAM

Wow Salamat :)

The link you gave me is so useful and its really going to help me alot.Yes i was not having this review course book but i have my hand book about rules of the road i will study both

I believe i will have my license.

Have a great day thank you so much again!!

opppsss i made another msg ? sorry hahah apologize :bonk:

Edited by KdRjN

ROC

Timeline

you're welcome! :)

Removing Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.