Kammo

Starting to get excited now!

22 posts in this topic

Congratulations! :thumbs:

3.17.2011 - filed for I-130

3.24.2011 - I-130 NOA1 received

5.19.2011 - filed for I-129f

5.24.2011 - I-129f NOA1 received

6.24.2011 - I-129f NOA2 received (APPROVED)

6.24.2011 - I-130 NOA2 received (APPROVED)

7.26.2011 - NVC received; Case Number and IIN received; gave email address; DS 3032 Sent

7.27.2011 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid (In Process)

7.28.2011 - AOS appears PAID

8.01.2011 - IV FEE invoiced and paid (In Process)

8.03.2011 - AOS sent ~~>received (8.5); APPROVED (8.15)

8.10.2011 - IV Packet sent ~~>received (8.12); APPROVED (8.19)

8.19.2011 - SIF

8.26.2011 - Interview date assigned (10.5)

8.30.2011 - Received interview package by email

9.05.2011 - Medical exam: passed (9.6)

10.5.2011 - INTERVIEW DATE - Approved

11.15.2011 - POE: Detroit

11.21.2011 - SSN Received

12.19.2011 - GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@ Saylin and OBX: I agree with what both of you are saying. I noticed your date of interview last night actually (Saylin) :)

I'm not sure why the operator said what they said, or it could be that they meant that the NVC themselves only schedule in the second week of every month? I guess in all my excitement I could have asked her to be more clear... :lol:

Those guys definitely confuse me, but what matters is that yet another hurdle is over!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My husband and I both got an email this morning containing this:

Dear Sir/Madam:

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

I tried to log into the NVC portal and did not get a SIF, but I did note that the fees that once showed as paid are now blocked and say unavailable. I am sure that even a few days ago they still had green check marks. Any one else had this letter or log in experience? The wondering is driving me crazy! I know that some day in the not so distant future we will be done but its still nerve racking! :wacko:

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The GOVT moves at their own pace, it will arrive and you will get your interview. Every time I get impatient they seem to send information. Look at other time lines to give you an idea on how long it is between steps.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

@ Saylin and OBX: I agree with what both of you are saying. I noticed your date of interview last night actually (Saylin) :)

I'm not sure why the operator said what they said, or it could be that they meant that the NVC themselves only schedule in the second week of every month? I guess in all my excitement I could have asked her to be more clear... :lol:

Those guys definitely confuse me, but what matters is that yet another hurdle is over!

I think the NVC operators say that to deter people from calling every day, like us VJers.

I bet that even if you ask about it, they'll deny the fact that they schedule in other weeks. Although there was a member here recently (forgot who) who spoke with a supervisor and asked about that and they actually admitted that they do schedule all month long.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Congrats!!!!!

I just checked to sign in from the link "Saylin" had provided and I also cannot sign in anymore! I had just checked yesterday and was able to sign in and see the fees paid.

Is there an automated phone number that you can call to get the status on the case? We weren't eligible for Electronic Processing so it sounds like we won't get any confirmation email about the case complete.

Does that mean the next thing to expect to hear is about the interview date?

WOW.... Can't believe it could be all done in a few more weeks!!! :D :D :D:o

Congrats!!!!!

I just checked to sign in from the link "Saylin" had provided and I also cannot sign in anymore! I had just checked yesterday and was able to sign in and see the fees paid.

Is there an automated phone number that you can call to get the status on the case? We weren't eligible for Electronic Processing so it sounds like we won't get any confirmation email about the case complete.

Does that mean the next thing to expect to hear is about the interview date?

WOW.... Can't believe it could be all done in a few more weeks!!! :D :D :D:o

Grats on your SIF!

Call NVC (603 334-0700) and follow the prompts to the AVR. If they haven't changed anything since I was in NVC, it's 1 for English, 1 for Immigrant Visa, 2 to use your NVC case number, then the 3 digits for your embassy code, 1 to confirm, then the 10 numbers in your case number, and 1 to confirm.

And no, you won't be getting a case complete email as you're not from an eligible country. The next, and last, email you're going to get is of your interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.