peejay

Children taken from family because they are poor.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes. When you sign the rental agreement at the storage facility it expressly states it is not to be used as a residence. I recall joking with my husband about it because it was cheaper than staying in regular accommodations. lol

i don't recall seeing that on a previous rental agreement in texas.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yes. When you sign the rental agreement at the storage facility it expressly states it is not to be used as a residence. I recall joking with my husband about it because it was cheaper than staying in regular accommodations. lol

there's more than one storage facility in texas, and more than one rental agreement used at the various storage facilities in texas. this is from another article, about the same family:

Their living arrangement had the acquiescence—if not exactly the blessing—of the boat and RV storage facility's owner, Toby Hill. "He's O.K. with it," says Mrs. Leonard. "We explained the situation. He's been on hard times himself before. He understands what it is to be poor."

Hill says that's all true. "I didn't like the situation at first," he says of the Leonards' living in his storage space. He'd had a bad experience once before, with a prior customer who tried to do the same thing. "He trashed the place, and I had to get him out." The Leonards, he says, have been a different story. "I have never seen a more happy group of children. Well-mannered. Well-kempt. Their manners are better than my kids. And I live in a rich neighborhood—just a bunch of spoiled brats here."

Before being interviewed by ABC News, Hill had not known about the Leonards' children being taken away. He thinks the lack of running water was not proper grounds for CPS's action. "You go right around the corner, practically, from where they're living, and you'll find kids living in places where you have rats and crime and drugs and guns going off all the time. But they've got water, so I guess the state deems that acceptable."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/houston-texas-family-living-storage-shed/story?id=14009261

the legality of mr hill being ok with it could be an issue, but apparently he's an old hand at having a storage facility where unfortunately people have wound up living, along with their stored possessions.

Edited by sandinista!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Mr. Hill will be the next target of the government's "help everyone" policy.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"