Hafeez

I 130 for Parents and Sibling

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All, When applying for Parents to come to USA as US citizen do you file one I 130 for both parents or you do separate for each one? Also when you have Siblings one brother at age of 13 years of age and other is 20 year and sister 23 and married how should one file them to come to USA? Should the petitioner do I 130 for siblings at same time of parents or wait for parents to come USA and file for their children's? which is quicker? Thank You very much in advance.

A US citizen will file separately to petition both parents. These would be Immediate Relative cases and derivative beneficiaries are not allowed. Each parent will need his or her own I-130.

The US citizen would need to file separately for each of the three siblings. Marital status does not matter. It currently takes 11 to 24 years for a US citizen to petition for a sibling - the wait time is determined by the birth place of the beneficiary. Since you have not disclosed which country, I can't give you a better answer. Derivative beneficiaries are allowed, so spouses and unmarried children under age 21 can immigrate with the petitioned sibling.

LPRs can only file for spouses and unmarried children. Depending on the birth country, it can take anywhere from 3 years to 18 years.

LPRs cannot file for married children. If an LPR petitions for an unmarried child and the child marries before the parent becomes a US citizen, the petition is automatically revoked (i.e., becomes invalid).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, you have to fill a form for every individual, also when you make payment, it is individual checks, this will help aviod if there is a mistake in one form, it shouldnt affect payment on other forms...

If you want to apply for your parents and siblings all at the same time, you must meet the income level for your affidavit of support, which is form i-134, read that to educate yourself...

Applying for your siblings...

Bringing Siblings to Live in the United States as Permanent Residents

Eligibility

To petition to bring your sibling (brother or sister) to live in the United States as a green card holder, you must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years of age. Permanent residents may not petition to bring siblings to live permanently in the United States.

Required Documentation

To successfully complete the process, the U.S. citizen petitioner (i.e. the sponsor) must submit:

• <LI sizset="18" sizcache="32">A completed
Form I-130. (Note: You do not need to file a separate Form I-130 for your sibling’s spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of age.) <LI sizset="35" sizcache="25">Evidence that you are a U.S. citizen:
  • A copy of your valid U.S. passport, OR
  • A copy of your U.S. birth certificate, OR
  • A copy of Consular Report of Birth Abroad, OR
  • A copy of your naturalization certificate, OR
  • A copy of your certificate of citizenship

[*]A copy of your birth certificate and a copy of your sibling's birth certificate showing that you have at least one common parent

Additional Documentation for Siblings through Adoption, Step Parents or Paternal Half-Siblings

• If you and your sibling are related through adoption, please also submit:
    • A copy of the adoption decree(s) showing that the adoption took place before you or your sibling (the adopted child) became 16 years old.

If you and your sibling are related through a step-parent, please also submit:

• Copies of documents showing that any prior marriage(s) of the natural parent and/or step-parent were legally terminated, AND
  • A copy of the marriage certificate of the step-parent to the natural parent (age restrictions for meeting definition of step-child apply)

• If you and your sibling have a common (biological) father but different mothers (i.e. you are paternal half-siblings), please also submit:

• Copies of the marriage certificates of the father to each mother, AND
  • Copies of documents showing that any prior marriages of either your father or mothers were legally terminated.

Note: If your name or your sibling’s name has changed, please include proof of the legal name change (may include marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption decree, court judgment of name change, etc.)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** moving to 'Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America ' forum ***

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Which is quicker to bring siblings to USA through parents after they become US citizen or should their sibling in USA apply for them while they are applying for parents. The country which they will be coming from is Pakistan, what is the waiting times for each scenario. Thank YOu.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Which is quicker to bring siblings to USA through parents after they become US citizen or should their sibling in USA apply for them while they are applying for parents. The country which they will be coming from is Pakistan, what is the waiting times for each scenario. Thank YOu.

A US citizen filing for a brother or sister (F4 visa) - about 11 years.

A US citizen filing for an unmarried minor child (IR2 visa) - no wait, a visa is available as soon as the petition is approved.

A US citizen filing for an unmarried adult son or daughter (F1 visa) - about 7 years.

A US citizen filing for a married adult son or daughter (F3 visa) - about 10 years.

An LPR filing for an unmarried minor child (F2A visa) - about 3 years.

An LPR filing for an unmarried adult son or daughter (F2B visa) - about 8 years.

Keep an eye on the visa bulletin. The times are always changing.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

A US citizen filing for a brother or sister (F4 visa) - about 11 years.

A US citizen filing for an unmarried minor child (IR2 visa) - no wait, a visa is available as soon as the petition is approved.

A US citizen filing for an unmarried adult son or daughter (F1 visa) - about 7 years.

A US citizen filing for a married adult son or daughter (F3 visa) - about 10 years.

An LPR filing for an unmarried minor child (F2A visa) - about 3 years.

An LPR filing for an unmarried adult son or daughter (F2B visa) - about 8 years.

Keep an eye on the visa bulletin. The times are always changing.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Is there an age limit when an LPR does petition for his/her son or daughter? I thought if son or daughter were over 21 years of age it took like maybe 8-9 years and if they under 21 3 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.