demiurgician

Evidence of Relationship...

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am write in the middle (or maybe closer to the beginning) of the K1 process; we've already submitted the I-129F and don't foresee (fingers crossed!) any problems with it. I am slightly concerned about the interview, however, as my fiance and I can't really document our communication. He's not a computer person at all, so we rarely chat or email each other. We are lucky enough that we get to speak on the phone almost every day, but we use phone cards and skype to do this, so no records.

My question is this: What kind of evidence should I be trying to gather for the interview in light of this? I know it's going to be quite a while, but I figure it's best to get started ASAP rather than risk not being able to find what we need.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

David is not bringing more than one or two emails himself....

Consider:

Copies of passport stamps from having visted each other

Receipts that indicate that you bought something while you were together

Photos (always good)

Ticket stubs of events you attended together

Evidence to indicate you may have started wedding planning

Print screens of Skype chat sessions

Copies of phone bills

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

If you use Skype, it does keep a log of your chats. Click on the 'History' tab and then down at the bottom you can select to something to view calls only. It will show the incoming/outgoing calls. You could print out copies of this log (screenprints). It's a bit complicated, but entirely possible to do. Just make Skype as tall as your screen, do CNTL + Print Scrn and then paste it into a document such as microsoft paint or adobe photoshop or whatever you happen to have. From there, you can edit it to just show the call log and print it. Then scroll down to the next section and repeat. Trust me, it takes forever, but it may put your mind at ease to have those records.

Edit: I've started to do this myself since most of my fiancee's communication and mine is over Skype. You can usually get 3-4 days of calls per page. (If your connection disconnects as often as mine does, if not you can get a lot more per page). I'd also suggest if you do this, that you print out your 'user' info pages for yourself and your fiancee' to include with it.

Edited by Arazia

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi All,

I am write in the middle (or maybe closer to the beginning) of the K1 process; we've already submitted the I-129F and don't foresee (fingers crossed!) any problems with it. I am slightly concerned about the interview, however, as my fiance and I can't really document our communication. He's not a computer person at all, so we rarely chat or email each other. We are lucky enough that we get to speak on the phone almost every day, but we use phone cards and skype to do this, so no records.

My question is this: What kind of evidence should I be trying to gather for the interview in light of this? I know it's going to be quite a while, but I figure it's best to get started ASAP rather than risk not being able to find what we need.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Snail mail letters are considered valid evidence also. Remember, the evidence required is of an ongoing relationship - not of communication.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Hi,

We got an RFE for this.

We originally sent copys of bank statements proving we lived in the same town(to show we met) as well as phone records.

At the RFE we sent the following:

- Photos of us together (Christmas).

- Plane ticket.

- Hotel accomodation.

- Letter from mutual friend.

I think they are mainly looking for proof of you both together so i'd recommend a letter from a friend who knows you both together and can acknowledge your positive relationship.

Also any plane tickets and photos are vital.

Phone records didn't seem to be what they were after in my case, but if you have them send them as well.

Its better to provide too much information as opposed to to little.

Also if you are sending plane tickets etc make sure you take copies of them (as you should do for everything in your package)

Goodluck

Steve (staphros)

Edited by staphros

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Steve, the OP is asking about evidence of ongoing relationship to be presented at the interview and not of having met (sent with the petition to USCIS).

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We use skype a lot too, what my fiance does is go to this phone cabins that give you a receipt of when a call was placed, the destination and all that. Can your fiance do the same thing maybe?

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.