Manowar

What are the reasons one would be denied?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview is next week in Montreal and, like most of you probably, I am so nervous.

The thing is, I probably shouldn't be. We started talking June 2008 and became a couple in Jan 2009. I've went to the U.S twice to visit and she came here one time for 2 weeks - we have a lot of pics together, went places like the Sears Tower, CN Tower, zoo's, etc and I have all my paperwork that is needed for the interview, yet I'm still so ridiculously nervous!

What are the reasons one would be denied? Obviously number 1 would be not true love. Also comes to mind would be not enough money for support and a criminal record. I don't have a criminal record, she makes enough and I have quite a bit and obviously I love this girl more than life.

I just wanna live and start a family with her, we have paid our dues(like I said, known since 2008 and a couple for 2.5 years). I will be so depressed if it turns out to be a big fail next Tuesday :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview lasts 5 - 10 mins. You will be fine!!!!! =)

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

My interview is next week in Montreal and, like most of you probably, I am so nervous.

The thing is, I probably shouldn't be. We started talking June 2008 and became a couple in Jan 2009. I've went to the U.S twice to visit and she came here one time for 2 weeks - we have a lot of pics together, went places like the Sears Tower, CN Tower, zoo's, etc and I have all my paperwork that is needed for the interview, yet I'm still so ridiculously nervous!

What are the reasons one would be denied? Obviously number 1 would be not true love. Also comes to mind would be not enough money for support and a criminal record. I don't have a criminal record, she makes enough and I have quite a bit and obviously I love this girl more than life.

I just wanna live and start a family with her, we have paid our dues(like I said, known since 2008 and a couple for 2.5 years). I will be so depressed if it turns out to be a big fail next Tuesday :(

STOP TORTURING YOURSELF :) You sound very prepared and your case sounds straight forward. There are very few straight out denials, if anything people have had to provide additional evidence or additional means of support. For those with existing children, sometimes better proof that the other parent agrees to the move, but honestly very few people (in particular from Canada) are denied.

Good luck - it will be the best 5 minute interview of your life

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

You will go to a window before the interview and hand over the forms they requested in packet 3 and the police stuff, medical etc. They take your finger prints and then you sit an wait. Then you go into the interview when they call, ask a few questions take your finger print again and ur done.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

The truth is your biggest friend. As long as you are honest, there is nothing to worry about. The number one question that you will be asked from here to eternity is, "How did you meet?" That is the most serious question that you will be asked. So let me be the first to say, "Welcome to America".

Patience is required for this process.

What day is your interview? Mine is the 12th (not sure if you saw my previous post, but my hubby is a Manowar fan too, LOL). I am just as nervous! My husband tells me not to be, I'm just anxious to get over to the US!

Started LDR with hubby July '04, married Nov '06

He moved and became permanent resident of Canada Nov '07

Now, we want to move back to his hometown in Illinois!

Filed DCF for IR1 Visa

I-130 sent to Toronto Embassy: September 12, 2010

Initial approval at Toronto Embassy: November 19, 2010

Packet 3 rec'd January 28, 2011

Packet 4 rec'd March 21, 2011

Medical May 16, 2011

Interview July 12, 2011 - Approved!

Visa/Passport picked up DHL July 22, 2011

POE date August 26, 2011

Timeline

Don't let some of the horror stories you've read here freak you out. Unlike many countries in the world, Canada is not considered by the US State Department to be a hotbed of desperate third world con artists who would say or do anything to get a green card. When I interviewed in Vancouver, the consular officer's biggest concern was that I wouldn't have medical insurance for my type II diabetes for at least several months until my EAD came through and I found work, given that my now-wife was unemployed and we had a cosponsor for the affidavits of support. I assured her my health was under very good control and I had a years supply of meds socked away. She admitted cheerfully that it would obviously too extreme to start denying people "just for diabetes".

As long as you've filled out their forms correctly, and have a reasonable life-plan sketched out for the next year or so, everything will be fine.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As long as u have been honest, it should be no problem at all. The interview itself is extremely short, like 5 to 10 min and most of that time is them going over ur paperwork, and they ask very basic questions. Most of ur time in Mtl is spent waiting and waiting and waiting.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

It is honestly not as big of a deal as I thought either! At my interview they basically just verified things that I had in my paperwork "how did you meet, where do you currently work, where does your husband work, where will you live?" It was like having a basic conversation with someone I didn't know :thumbs: Anyways, yes, stop torturing yourself! You have done everything legit up until this point, you should be perfectly fine.

Best wishes!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

@ LuvIllinois

Where in Illinois? My lady is in Chicago :)

Crazy! My husband is the USC, and he is originally from Lake in the Hills. He lives here in Canada as a permanent resident right now but that's where we are moving back to. Back with the parents for a while (Yikes!) until we can get settled and get our own place. We get along so it won't be so bad.

Started LDR with hubby July '04, married Nov '06

He moved and became permanent resident of Canada Nov '07

Now, we want to move back to his hometown in Illinois!

Filed DCF for IR1 Visa

I-130 sent to Toronto Embassy: September 12, 2010

Initial approval at Toronto Embassy: November 19, 2010

Packet 3 rec'd January 28, 2011

Packet 4 rec'd March 21, 2011

Medical May 16, 2011

Interview July 12, 2011 - Approved!

Visa/Passport picked up DHL July 22, 2011

POE date August 26, 2011

Timeline

Same here, they just verified my fiance and I were providing all the paperwork. Our interview was scheduled with the morning crew. We were second in line that morning and we were out by 8:20 AM :)

Only questions they asked (it was a laid back conversational tone) :

- Hey, are you Mr. X? Thanks for flying all the way here we appreciate it.

- And you'd be Mrs Y?

- So when did you get engaged?

- Are you getting married there?

- Great, well everything looks fine. Have a great day!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

It's not a big deal at all, I promise. My interview was less than five minutes.

It was basically "So you're getting married, congratulations! No previous divorces, no children between the two of you, no criminal records ... easy!"

She asked what he did for a living and that's it. Said I'd have my Visa in a week or two.

The interview, believe it or not, is the easiest part of the process.

Have your paperwork ready and you'll be golden. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.