jimmy&eloisa

getting ready for the juarez trip, just a few questions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello, i have a few questions before i fly to Juarez sunday:

1) i have most of my pay stubs since i started my job over a year ago, is it bad to take them all or only take the 4 or 5 recent ones they ask for?

2) what kind of cloths do my fiancee need to where at the interview, i know that she needs nice cloths but how formal does she need to dress?

3) for my bank statements i have big paper clips holding them together, is it a problem to take them in to the embassy, i know the have strict rules

4) also about the embassy, can i take my papers in a backpack? i have a box but its bulky and if i have to take it i will

5) i know that i need to do the DS-260, just making sure because ive seen it say the DS-230. i only take the DS-260 right?

6) do they charge you in the bio appointment?

7) i payed the interview over the net, i have the confirmation code, do i just write it on a peace of paper and hand it to them?

8) on my i-134 i did know exactly how much i have in my 401k or how much i have for my life insurance, so i printed the form and wrote in pen the amounts later, is that going to be a problem?

9) her interview is at 7:15 am,, how early can we get there? and her bio appointment is at 2:20 pm and how early can we get there?

10) we are flying from monterrey to juarez, and i was wondering for those how have flown in mexico, how different are the rules on carry-on items, iv never flown in mexico, and i want to carry on to backpacks, one has all our visa papers( which has the paper clips and baggies with reciepts , and other stuff) and the other backpack has my laptop. im just not sure what all can go or not.

i believe thats about it for now i might have more questions later, i appreciate the help and forgive me for my lack of searching, ive been busy the last 2 weeks and im still running a 100 miles a hour,

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

?.............Consulate Received

6-6-11.....Packet 3 received

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-5-11.....ASC Appointment

7-6-11.....Interview Date.... Visa approved!!

7-12-11....Received Visa ... had to go back in person to get it

7-13-11....Enter USA

7-18-11....informal marriage certificate

7-23-11....Justest of the Peace wedding

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" -- ll Duce

My only question is, You are really going to Juarez ? Good luck. That is the most dangerous place on earth right now. I have a good friend here in GA from Juarez, they are trying to get their mom out and will not visit right now.. Good luck with your trip and your interview.

Timeline

My only question is, You are really going to Juarez ? Good luck. That is the most dangerous place on earth right now. I have a good friend here in GA from Juarez, they are trying to get their mom out and will not visit right now.. Good luck with your trip and your interview.

yes i feel its only necessary to go, i dont want my fiancee going alone. we are not leaving the hotel unless its to do all the embassy stuff.

i hope they get her mom out of there. best of luck.

also to add to my questions so that its easier to understand,, im here in saltillo now, getting everything ready, and sunday morning me and my fiancee are going to fly to juarez, she has never flown before thats why i ask you guys how it is

Edited by jimmy&eloisa

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-13-11....Enter USA

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" -- ll Duce

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i dont think its the most dangerous place "on earth" that's a bit extreme... and no one from Mexico who is trying to get a K1 or other immigrant visa has a choice-- we HAVE to go to Juarez.

as far as the OPs questions

1. I've read you only really need 1 paystub as long as it has YTD earnings on it, if it doesn't than it's probably best to bring a few more recent ones.

2. I don't think your fiance needs to wear anything super formal, but probably a nice pair of pants and a nice shirt. My fiance is just going to wear jeans and a polo-- no flip flops though like normal :-) (We live near Cancun)

3. I'm not sure about the paperclips, but in the list of things you aren't allowed to bring into the consulate, I don't see paperclips listed lol. There is a list of things in the K1 info packet on the ciudad juarez website

4. I hear you have to go through security, if the only thing you have in the backpack is papers then it's probably ok? but I'm just guessing, someone who has actually gone would know better

5. You only need the DS-260 (and the other forms listed on the consulate website)

6. Good question! I'm not sure..

7. I paid over the internet too. On the appointment confirmation sheet that you get when you make the appointment (they also email it to you) it has the payment confirmation code, that's all we're bringing..

8. I doubt that would be a problem but if you're really worried why not just fill out the I-134 again and print it out with all of the questions typed

9. I've heard for the interview you shouldn't show up more than 30 mins beforehand.. As far as the ASC appointment, I don't think you need to show up super early for that either, maybe 10-15 mins. From what I've read about the ASC appointment it's a pretty quick and painless thing

10. I would assume flying within Mexico is the same as flying in the US, paperclips baggies and papers should not be an issue...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

i dont think its the most dangerous place "on earth" that's a bit extreme... and no one from Mexico who is trying to get a K1 or other immigrant visa has a choice-- we HAVE to go to Juarez.

1. I've read you only really need 1 paystub as long as it has YTD earnings on it, if it doesn't than it's probably best to bring a few more recent ones.

2. I don't think your fiance needs to wear anything super formal, but probably a nice pair of pants and a nice shirt. My fiance is just going to wear jeans and a polo-- no flip flops though like normal :-) (We live near Cancun)

3. I'm not sure about the paperclips, but in the list of things you aren't allowed to bring into the consulate, I don't see paperclips listed lol. There is a list of things in the K1 info packet on the ciudad juarez website

4. I hear you have to go through security, if the only thing you have in the backpack is papers then it's probably ok? but I'm just guessing, someone who has actually gone would know better

5. You only need the DS-260 (and the other forms listed on the consulate website)

7. I paid over the internet too. On the appointment confirmation sheet that you get when you make the appointment (they also email it to you) it has the payment confirmation code, that's all we're bringing..

8. I doubt that would be a problem but if you're really worried why not just fill out the I-134 again and print it out with all of the questions typed

9. I've heard for the interview you shouldn't show up more than 30 mins beforehand.. As far as the ASC appointment, I don't think you need to show up super early for that either, maybe 10-15 mins. From what I've read about the ASC appointment it's a pretty quick and painless thing

10. I would assume flying within Mexico is the same as flying in the US, paperclips baggies and papers should not be an issue...

6. They dont. They will at the medical though.

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello, i have a few questions before i fly to Juarez sunday:

1) i have most of my pay stubs since i started my job over a year ago, is it bad to take them all or only take the 4 or 5 recent ones they ask for?

Just bring a few of your most recent ones

2) what kind of cloths do my fiancee need to where at the interview, i know that she needs nice cloths but how formal does she need to dress?

She should dress like she is going to a job interview.

3) for my bank statements i have big paper clips holding them together, is it a problem to take them in to the embassy, i know the have strict rules

I believe it ok to have paperclips on your papers you bring in.

4) also about the embassy, can i take my papers in a backpack? i have a box but its bulky and if i have to take it i will

I am not sure if they will allow a backpack in the consulate, so you might want ask them before you bring it. Also, unless things have changed, you won't even be allowed to go in with your fiancee.

5) i know that i need to do the DS-260, just making sure because ive seen it say the DS-230. i only take the DS-260 right?

Yes, the DS-260.

No clue on this one.

7) i payed the interview over the net, i have the confirmation code, do i just write it on a peace of paper and hand it to them?

No clue on this one.

8) on my i-134 i did know exactly how much i have in my 401k or how much i have for my life insurance, so i printed the form and wrote in pen the amounts later, is that going to be a problem?

It should not be a problem, but you can reprint it if you want it to look uniform. If you make the 125% poverty level guideline, you do not need to list your assets on there at all anyway.

9) her interview is at 7:15 am,, how early can we get there? and her bio appointment is at 2:20 pm and how early can we get there?

I would go to the consulate about 6:15-6:30 am.

10) we are flying from monterrey to juarez, and i was wondering for those how have flown in mexico, how different are the rules on carry-on items, iv never flown in mexico, and i want to carry on to backpacks, one has all our visa papers( which has the paper clips and baggies with reciepts , and other stuff) and the other backpack has my laptop. im just not sure what all can go or not.

You should contact the airline you are flying on to ask how many carry on bags you are allowed. My husband flew on a couple airlines to and from Juarez, and both of them only allowed 1 carry on.

i believe thats about it for now i might have more questions later, i appreciate the help and forgive me for my lack of searching, ive been busy the last 2 weeks and im still running a 100 miles a hour,

It is not the most dangerous place on earth. If you want to get a K-1 visa in Mexico, that is where you must go. The government chose the location, not those applying.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

1. I've read you only really need 1 paystub as long as it has YTD earnings on it, if it doesn't than it's probably best to bring a few more recent ones. my pay stubs do come with YTD earings on what i make and how much i take home, plus my 401k and money that i have going to may savings and all, i figure ill take 4 of my recent stubs

2. I don't think your fiance needs to wear anything super formal, but probably a nice pair of pants and a nice shirt. My fiance is just going to wear jeans and a polo-- no flip flops though like normal :-) (We live near Cancun) . jeje nice, flip flops will help with the heat jeje

3. I'm not sure about the paperclips, but in the list of things you aren't allowed to bring into the consulate, I don't see paperclips listed lol. There is a list of things in the K1 info packet on the ciudad juarez website . ive look on those sites and i dont really see it on there i just ask because i have like jumbo paperclips to hold all my bank statements and i dont want it to be a problem

4. I hear you have to go through security, if the only thing you have in the backpack is papers then it's probably ok? but I'm just guessing, someone who has actually gone would know better. ill ask the day before and see what they tell me, i have a document box as well its just bulky but its better then nothing

5. You only need the DS-260

7. I paid over the internet too. On the appointment confirmation sheet that you get when you make the appointment (they also email it to you) it has the payment confirmation code, that's all we're bringing.. . this is very true i for got about this thank you for reminding me jeje

8. I doubt that would be a problem but if you're really worried why not just fill out the I-134 again and print it out with all of the questions typed . will do, i think i would be better

(and

6. They dont. They will at the medical though.

is it better to pay with my visa or should i take cash? i know its not the best thing to carry a lot of money around.

It is not the most dangerous place on earth. If you want to get a K-1 visa in Mexico, that is where you must go. The government chose the location, not those applying.

Just bring a few of your most recent ones ok then ill take my most recent 4 pay stubs

She should dress like she is going to a job interview. ok she has dress pants and dress shoes, and she has a nice blouse or should she use a dress shirt as well?

I believe it ok to have paperclips on your papers you bring in. there the over sized paper clips to hold all my bank statments

I am not sure if they will allow a backpack in the consulate, so you might want ask them before you bring it. Also, unless things have changed, you won't even be allowed to go in with your fiancee. i dont think i can go in ether, i just thank its easier for my fiancee if she has it in a backpack but if she cant we'll use the document box we have, ill ask the day before

Yes, the DS-260.

No clue on this one.

No clue on this one.

It should not be a problem, but you can reprint it if you want it to look uniform. If you make the 125% poverty level guideline, you do not need to list your assets on there at all anyway. i make 46,800 plus 15000 in over time, so thats not a problem, i can just reprint it

I would go to the consulate about 6:15-6:30 am. if we were to go there en hour early is she going to wait out side or is there a waiting room? and if shes out side can i wait with her till she can go in because ill be a bit nerves if she has to wait outside,

10) we are flying from monterrey to juarez, and i was wondering for those how have flown in mexico, how different are the rules on carry-on items, iv never flown in mexico, and i want to carry on to backpacks, one has all our visa papers( which has the paper clips and baggies with reciepts , and other stuff) and the other backpack has my laptop. im just not sure what all can go or not. where both flying so she can take one and i can take one.

You should contact the airline you are flying on to ask how many carry on bags you are allowed. My husband flew on a couple airlines to and from Juarez, and both of them only allowed 1 carry on. ill call them tomorrow the other forms listed on the consulate website)

i thank you guys for the help!! good night ill be on tomorrow.

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-13-11....Enter USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ok she has dress pants and dress shoes, and she has a nice blouse or should she use a dress shirt as well?

Dress pants and a nice blouse is fine.

if we were to go there en hour early is she going to wait out side or is there a waiting room? and if shes out side can i wait with her till she can go in because ill be a bit nerves if she has to wait outside,

You can wait with her while she is outside in line.

i thank you guys for the help!! good night ill be on tomorrow.

Good luck!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

i think i have everything we need for our trip tomorrow. thank you for the help!

11-17-10...I-129F sent

11-24-10...NOA1

4-21-11....RFE

5-19-11....NOA2

5-27-11....NVC Received

5-31-11....NVC Left

7-4-11.....Medical Exam

7-13-11....Enter USA

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone

I am looking for any advice or tips for my up coming immigrant visa interview in Ciudad Juarez

What documents should i take?

should i schedule pick up for visa at Juarez or in my home state?

What are some reasons my immigrant visa can be denied?

Can i expedite the time it takes to receive visa from DHL since they take your passport and thats the only ID i have to travel?

and like i said any other advice would be very much appreciated.

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

going to Juarez, Mexico?

Is that safe these days?

I think I'd have at least 3 body guards with me.

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.