KaynPhil

Don't know what to do

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok I will...

I emailed them 5 days ago and I haven’t gotten a response. I hope to get something tomorrow if not I will send it again.

I emailed and also called the Kingston embassy. They wouldn't tell me anything.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am not trying to take over the post here, but what you said really scares me about my application. Mine was sent back from the NVC to be reviewed. I got the standard 120 days review, but that turns into 180 days. After contacting my local US Rep. office, they found out that it was sent back due to a box not being checked about being arrested etc. etc.. This was my fault and USCIS for not catching it and sending a RFE. Keep in mind, both of us have never been arrested and have clean records. The Rest of the application is good and front loaded with lots of evidence. Now the days, weeks, and months are going by and nothing is coming out of USCIS VSC. AFter talking to a few people that I meet on here, that the "Review" can turn into a black hole. Like you said some people have to refile the application. I am really worried that I may have to do that, but I am wasting a lot of time waiting for a RFE to ammend the application. Should I cancel the currenct application and refile or just wait. If I wait for the 180 days, I will be at the 11 month mark. By the way, I actually talked to a Tier 2 officer. I asked when they expected to look at my case, He told me that USCIS does not have to do anything and it could take years. Lets just say, I wont ever ever call the so called customer support number again. lol.

What you can do is, use your local office. InfoPass. I remember my last visit to the local office was Dec 2. They helped me a lot. According to the InfoPass, after my petition came back form the embassy, USCIS "deliberately" let it to expire and sent it to general record office, that I don't know. Finally with the help of the InfoPass, I got the letter that allowed me to file another petition again. Actually, after the 120 days of the validation period passed, you will be able to file another one, but the cover letter should have to be convincing for the USCIS to close the pervious one and process the new petition. Making long story short, Use the InfoPass and request a service on the petition. You can do it once in every 30 days.

Good Luck

Edited by Love Eth

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

. If they have not responded from your 1st email request, then send it again, and put 4th request in the topic.

rofl.gif too funny and extreme.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancé’s visa was recently refused which I have found out is the same as denied but a nicer way to put it. Now it's being sent back to USCIS.

I called USCIS, it will take 120 days to process. If they feel the evidence is substantial they will send it back to the embassy. In 120 days my petition will be expired so they will probably just send me something telling me that it expired and to file again.

I’m going to Jamaica in August and I plan on getting married to my fiancé would that be ok or do I have to wait until USCIS sends me some type of notice about the I-129f that I filed previously.

I also wanted to know if there is a cutoff date for filing the I-130?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would wait until you find out what evidence is needed. If a refusal continues and really is a denial marriage will not improve their position. It may show your continued intent to resolve any issues remaining. I would continue to talk and keep track of your conversations, letters, photos and cards. Maybe another trip without a marriage would be beneficial, and show your serious interest. An attorney is always a good option at this point.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Timeline

I emailed and also called the Kingston embassy. They wouldn't tell me anything.

Hi Mrs. Edwards --

Kay -- sorry you're going through this as well -- the embassy is not going to provide any information once the case is sent back. From the experiences friends and family members have gone through recently -- they were also told the same thing...best I can suggest is to wait to hear from USCIS. Don't take it as a denial they may just want to interview both of you and get more information

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I would wait until you find out what evidence is needed. If a refusal continues and really is a denial marriage will not improve their position. It may show your continued intent to resolve any issues remaining. I would continue to talk and keep track of your conversations, letters, photos and cards. Maybe another trip without a marriage would be beneficial, and show your serious interest. An attorney is always a good option at this point.

YOU are right.... Marriage will not fix anything if the root cause is not addressed good.gif

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

Ok I will go there and not get married this is so frustrating I will keep you all informed on the progress and thank everyone for your help. :)

Glad you are acting smart to address your road block.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Do you have even the slightest idea as to what may have caused the denial? Have you gone over all of your paper-work, and his answers to the questions that were asked at the interview.

:ot:

There have been many denials coming out of Jamaica within the last year, I wonder what has changed?

Edited by ATPEACE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@Atpeace We went over the papers, he told me every question they asked him and his answers all of which were right. the only thing I think is because in 2009 I never went to visit due to school and being unemployed, and I haven't gone there this year yet so that's all I can think of as lack of evidence other then that I don't have the slightest clue my fiance even said that he felt he was going to get approved he said the interviewer wasn't rude or anything.

@Atpeace We went over the papers, he told me every question they asked him and his answers all of which were right. the only thing I think is because in 2009 I never went to visit due to school and being unemployed, and I haven't gone there this year yet so that's all I can think of as lack of evidence other then that I don't have the slightest clue my fiance even said that he felt he was going to get approved he said the interviewer wasn't rude or anything.

So, within the last 3 years, you only visited in 2010. How often in 2010? Are you a descended of Jamaica? Do you still have family in Jamaica? You stated that you'll have known each other for 9 years, correct.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just wanted to offer my support and hope that things go well for you. Stay strong and know that all of your strength is in the Lord. Continue to lean on HIM.

Thank you!!! Please keep me in your prayers. I would be a total reck if I didn't believe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.