musze007

panic attack - interview not rescheduled, wife away

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

MY I-130 was accepted months ago and i sent out my i-485 application (greencard through marriage)

My i-485 now is in interview status, i received the letter june (might have been june 2nd or 3rd, the letter is mailed out june 1st). my initial interview was scheduled for june 30, tomorrow.

about 6 weeks ago my wife's employer started a project which requires her going overseas for 2 weeks. they bought her ticket and hotel accomodations and have spent over $20,000 on just ticket and other accomodations for her. we have sent all this documentation to uscis as proof of her employer and their intent to have her on this business project overseas.

subsequently i recieved my notice for initial interview from USCIS around june 1 telling us of the june 30 interview. i have since called and written to uscis ( about this matter and they have told me that they will reschedule (verbally told me) but i have nothing in the mail yet. they had also requested proof of her itinerary which we had previously sent, and we gladly sent those documents to them again.

i checked my mail today hoping to have something in the mail from them, but nothing. on the phone they said they would send a letter to my local service center requesting reschedule, and that usually they reschedule with no problem, but tomorrow is june 30th and my wife is obviously not here.

i am in panic mode as i do not know what i should do now.

go by myself and explain the situation???

HELP!!!!!!

Edited by musze007

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

MY I-130 was accepted months ago and i sent out my i-485 application (greencard through marriage)

My i-485 now is in interview status, i received the letter june (might have been june 2nd or 3rd, the letter is mailed out june 1st). my initial interview was scheduled for june 30, tomorrow.

about 6 weeks ago my wife's employer started a project which requires her going overseas for 2 weeks. they bought her ticket and hotel accomodations and have spent over $20,000 on just ticket and other accomodations for her. we have sent all this documentation to uscis as proof of her employer and their intent to have her on this business project overseas.

subsequently i recieved my notice for initial interview from USCIS around june 1 telling us of the june 30 interview. i have since called and written to uscis ( about this matter and they have told me that they will reschedule (verbally told me) but i have nothing in the mail yet. they had also requested proof of her itinerary which we had previously sent, and we gladly sent those documents to them again.

i checked my mail today hoping to have something in the mail from them, but nothing. on the phone they said they would send a letter to my local service center requesting reschedule, and that usually they reschedule with no problem, but tomorrow is june 30th and my wife is obviously not here.

HELP!!!!!!

wow i am so sorry to hear this, i've never been in this situation but the only thing i can tell you is to cover your butt by going and if you can show proof of calling cis and bring all the papers you sent to them and make sure you talk to someone if they didn't reschedule at least you can explain yourself and hopefully they will reschedule it then. I don't want someone's stupidity be a bad experience for you guys. I don't want you to not go and it wasn't reschedule and it's a "No Show" situation. I would go if i were in your shoes. good luck and I pray everything works out ok.

USCIS

04/19/2011 - NOA1

05/09/2011 - NOA2 text message and email received

05/17/2011 - Case received at NVC

05/20/2011 - Received NOA2 approval letter in USPS mail.

NVC

05/17/2011 - NVC Receive (No case number assigned yet)

05/18/2011 - NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN number / Gave Emails

05/18/2011 - DS-3032 Sent to NVC (via email)

05/19/2011 - DS-3032 Accepted by NVC, AOS Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - AOS Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - AOS Fee - PAID

05/19/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee - Paid

06/02/2011 - DS-230 Packet Sent

06/02/2011 - AOS I-864 Sent

05/03/2011 - All the Paperwork Received at NVC

07/19/2011 - Sign in Failed (SIF)

07/19/2011 - NVC Case Complete!!!!

(16 weeks from NVC case closed to Interview date assigned 11/02/2011)

12/13/2011 - Interview date!!!!

11/21/2011 - Medical DONE

12/13/2011 - Interview done APPROVED!!!!

12/21/2011 - Entry to US JFK!!!!

California Service Center

Consulate : Haiti

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

wow i am so sorry to hear this, i've never been in this situation but the only thing i can tell you is to cover your butt by going and if you can show proof of calling cis and bring all the papers you sent to them and make sure you talk to someone if they didn't reschedule at least you can explain yourself and hopefully they will reschedule it then. I don't want someone's stupidity be a bad experience for you guys. I don't want you to not go and it wasn't reschedule and it's a "No Show" situation. I would go if i were in your shoes. good luck and I pray everything works out ok.

i highly agree with papunmanmu :)

AOS
(3.31.2011: Filed I-485 + EAD & AP)

4.01.2011: Received Chicago Lockbox
4.05.2011: Check cashed & NOA1 sent
4.06.2011: NOA1 received & Touched all cases
4.14.2011: Biometrics Appointment Letter Notice (dated 04.11)
5.02.2011: Biometrics Appointment Done
5.17.2011: Email/Text notification for Interview on 6.21
5.18.2011: Received Interview notice in the mail (dated 05.14)
5.24.2011: Email/Text notification - order production of EAD & AP
5.30.2011: EAD + AP card in the mail (dated 05.27)
6.21.2011: AOS Interview approved and card production ordered. (day 82)
6.24.2011: Received Welcome Letter in the mail (dated 6.22)
6.28.2011: Received Green Card in the mail.

ROC with Waiver (deceased spouse)

4.15.2013: Sent 1-751
4.17.2013: 1-751 Receipt Notice (with one year extension). CSC
5.10.2013: Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated 05.08) ESC
5.28.2013: Biometrics Completed.
8.12.2013: RFE (lost documents)
8.29.2013: ROC Approved
9.19.2013: 10 year GC (in the mail)

N-400 (5 Years)

03.24.2016: Sent N-400 (USCIS received 03.25)

03.25.2016: Priority Date

04.07.2016: Received complete N-400 (missing a page)

04.08.2016: Payment was charged to CC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

yeah, definitely MUST GO!! like the previous posts said, bring all the proof that u called USCIS and got no answer and also ur documents showing your wife is out of the country. I would also bring (dont know if its too late now) a letter from ur wife explaining your guys' situation... dont forget the regular documents you would take to the interview too.

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

have you tried scheduling an infopass? but yeah like everyone else I'd still go to the interview.

HELP!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.