spikedog

What are your 'friends' saying?

221 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Can we form a drum circle and a hug a tree together? Set that inner hippie free, brother.

I was hippie, when hippies weren't cool. Now that hippies are all conformists, I reject that lifestyle.

Tyranny by another name is still tyranny.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was hippie, when hippies weren't cool. Now that hippies are all conformists, I reject that lifestyle.

Tyranny by another name is still tyranny.

You have some funny ideas about a lot of things, Bill. But that's ok. Lets form a drum circle and smoke a peace pipe, bringing harmony to the world.

Peace-Pipe.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are the international dating sites that much different to the other "main-stream" sites such as eHarmony that is constantly being advertised on late-night cable television? I'd argue the find the foreign/submissive/whatever girl of your dreams "sales pitch" is no better or worse than the find the perfect girl for you "based on 99 character traits that are proven to make a relationship last" pitch. Both, in effect, are pitching a load of BS that some people may or may not buy into.

Hey BJ! :) I missed this post until now. Yep. I think you are right on that one. It's all marketing and the relationship business has exploded over the last decade.

I also have heard many of the same comments even though my wife is nine years my elder, I always hear that "oh she just wants a green card and she doesnt really love you but i really dont listen to anyone who says those things because obviously those people aren't really my friends if they say those things

2/13/2010: Met in Korea

1/21/2011: Married in Tacloban City

USCIS (135 days)

2/23/2011: sent I-130 and I-129f

3/6/2011: received NOA1 for I-130

3/16/2011: received NOA1 for I-129f

6/17/2011: received NOA2 for I-130 and I-129f

NVC(74 Days)

7/18/2011: NVC received and case number assigned

7/20/2011: NVC Administratively closes I-129f

7/30/2011: emailed DS-3032

8/24/2011: FINALLY received AOS Fee and PAID also sent DS-3032 for the third time (PAID on 8/25)

8/26/2011: Received DS-3032 Acceptance email

9/01/2011: Received IV fee and paid (PAID on 9/02)

9/07/2011: Delivered I-864 and DS-230 to NVC (mailed on 9/06/2011)

9/12/2011: RFE For using expired DS-230 found here on VJ

9/19/2011: Sent to NVC new DS-230 and Japanese police clearance

9/23/2011: Case Complete

Manila Consulate(39 days)

9/30/2011: Manila Consulate receives Case and Schedules interview

11/02/2011: Medical at St. Lukes Medical Extension Center 11/03/2011-Medical Finished and everything is GOOD!

11/08/2011: Interview scheduled at Manila Consulate-Approved

11/15/2011: Visa in Hand

11/19/2011: POE Atlanta

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am married to an Asian too not a Filipino but a Taiwanese.yeah same ethnicity but definitely different culture...all i know is that when you both decide to file for a petition such as K-1, both of you should be ready for any changes.it's not as simple as just filing papers and viola you're in US, both parties are making some sacrifices but the thought of finally being together is very rewarding.

"Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act."-Paulo Coelho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My friends said Filipinos make the best wives, well since they all are Filipino. I am glad she is Filipino and not from the Mainland, since the culture shock is alot less.

Stereotypes and generalizations are what you get form putting many of the same culture, the same country, the same area together. It DOES NOT mean all people in Women's lieration has given her a choice and a chance to make sure I do not abuse my rights as a male to take care of her properly. However, as long as I love her with all of my heart, love her as she is my soul she will love me and support me in the old fashioned traditional marriage. When I abuse her, when I hurt her, when I take advantage of HER rights, then she needs to have rights to leave. But also, when she decides to take her love from me, to judge me as unworthy, I also need to be able to ask her to leave. the key is, I need to be a husband as Christ is the church.

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but that might be a good thing in this instance.

Darren, re-read that. Really. Now that it's been a couple of weeks since you wrote it, I wonder if it will look as strange to you as it does to me.

IMO, your ideas of marriage are very odd, especially when you try and paint them in a Biblical context. It's as if you think there is some sort of "out" clause in the Bible. Truth is, it is modern day society and the women's movement that gives your bride the right to leave if you abuse her.

As for you as a Christ-like figure being able to ask your wife to leave if she judges you as unworthy - well I don't know how in the world you draw a Christ-like correlation to that.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Having my fiancee's dad blessing on our marriage is huge.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't your fiancee's dad give you his blessing after just a few internet chats? Before you even had met her or them? Before they knew anything much about you at all?

Don't get me wrong. I met my husband over the internet also, so I know that very real feelings are involved here. But my family wasn't all over it at first and blessing it. My family is conservative also, and they were insistent that he come to the US for a first meeting, rather than me flying to Europe. And while they all stood together at our wedding, they were still skeptical. I wanted to use my sister's property for our wedding, but she declined.

I know you want to believe that this paternal blessing is some sort of stamp on your upcoming marriage. I suppose it's better to believe that there is something spiritual or "ordained" about it, rather than the ancient concept of a Father trying to find the highest bidder for his daughter.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't your fiancee's dad give you his blessing after just a few internet chats? Before you even had met her or them? Before they knew anything much about you at all?

Don't get me wrong. I met my husband over the internet also, so I know that very real feelings are involved here. But my family wasn't all over it at first and blessing it. My family is conservative also, and they were insistent that he come to the US for a first meeting, rather than me flying to Europe. And while they all stood together at our wedding, they were still skeptical. I wanted to use my sister's property for our wedding, but she declined.

I know you want to believe that this paternal blessing is some sort of stamp on your upcoming marriage. I suppose it's better to believe that there is something spiritual or "ordained" about it, rather than the ancient concept of a Father trying to find the highest bidder for his daughter.

This prior post is curious...:unsure:

Certainly leaves room for subjective interpretation. :blink:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

The more red hearts a member has, the less you should trust their advice. Excessive posting causes delusions of grandeur...

I see you have quite a few hearts going on there...

MODs, any chance of closing this old, tired, totally off-topic thread in the interest of public safety? Or just deleting it altogether, perhaps??

Filed: Timeline

I see you have quite a few hearts going on there...

MODs, any chance of closing this old, tired, totally off-topic thread in the interest of public safety? Or just deleting it altogether, perhaps??

The OP needs to make that request.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.