staceluvyou

can he be denied?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi vj, i'm just devastated right now, just finished my medical and one of my sons admitted during his medical, trying cannibas once a couple months back. i'm so hurt and disappointed, he is only 14. i had no idea of this, until she gave the paper to do the urine test on him. the lady in the lab told me he wil only be denied if his test comes back positive which will mean if he had any in the past six months. is this so? have anyone been admitted to trying weed and still get their visa?

4 months ago..had to have been recent.Don't know if it will be denied.

hi vj, i'm just devastated right now, just finished my medical and one of my sons admitted during his medical, trying cannibas once a couple months back. i'm so hurt and disappointed, he is only 14. i had no idea of this, until she gave the paper to do the urine test on him. the lady in the lab told me he wil only be denied if his test comes back positive which will mean if he had any in the past six months. is this so? have anyone been admitted to trying weed and still get their visa?

Filed: Timeline

YES he can be denied, they will deny him and give him the opportunity to re-apply a year later with evidence that he has not done anymore illegal drugs. In Jamaica they do not take this lightly. So be prepare for the worst and be surprise if he is granted a visa.

Filed: Timeline

THERE IS A CHANCE THAT HE WILL GET A 1 YEAR BANNED,IF THE TEST COMES POSITIVE

In Jamaica the test does not need to be postive, he has admitted it and it will be written in the medical report. Question' Did the patient admitt to drug usage? check box yes or no. The doctor will check the box that say yes, the CO will see the yes check box, and they will use this as reasion to deny. I have seen it many times......

Timeline

They changed the law fairly recently - If he tests clean, even though he admitted to trying it - he could not receive the visa at this time, but have to go back for another medical 1 year from the date of last use of the drug, and if he tests clean then he could be given the visa - it's not an out and out denial, but it could be a set back of up to 1 year (that is, providing he gets it together and no more "sampling" - you need a long talk about the MAJOR effect this could have on his life and future). Search through the JA posts, there was a member who went through this within the past year.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

They changed the law fairly recently - If he tests clean, even though he admitted to trying it - he could not receive the visa at this time, but have to go back for another medical 1 year from the date of last use of the drug, and if he tests clean then he could be given the visa - it's not an out and out denial, but it could be a set back of up to 1 year (that is, providing he gets it together and no more "sampling" - you need a long talk about the MAJOR effect this could have on his life and future). Search through the JA posts, there was a member who went through this within the past year.

that's why i'm so disappointed because i have talked to him about this very topic, and he let someone atr school give it to him!!!i tell you, i have a million things i want to do to him right now, but i'm a christian. i'm leaving it all in God's hands. thank you all for your responses

Timeline

that's why i'm so disappointed because i have talked to him about this very topic, and he let someone atr school give it to him!!!i tell you, i have a million things i want to do to him right now, but i'm a christian. i'm leaving it all in God's hands. thank you all for your responses

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

some time you gotta take care of things..or be banned for 1 year. A tread.issue that must be addressed. my 15 y/o brother would not have the nerves.. i'd personally deal wit it.. headbonk.gif

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In Jamaica the test does not need to be postive, he has admitted it and it will be written in the medical report. Question' Did the patient admitt to drug usage? check box yes or no. The doctor will check the box that say yes, the CO will see the yes check box, and they will use this as reasion to deny. I have seen it many times......

Does he only or the entire family get banned?

Timeline

Just HIM.....

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Does he only or the entire family get banned?

It would only effect him, however since he is minor child, they might cut some slack... MIGHT is the key word here.

If I were you I would contact Immigration Attorney ASAP

Timeline

It would only effect him, however since he is minor child, they might cut some slack... MIGHT is the key word here.

If I were you I would contact Immigration Attorney ASAP

An immigration attorney is not going to do anything at this point - they can't speak at the interview on his behalf -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

An immigration attorney is not going to do anything at this point - they can't speak at the interview on his behalf -

Lol get a lawyer... A waste of $$$.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Really some kind of Sad thing to know.Its a big thing b4 the CO.Hope he doesnt get banned,cos he could meet badder (worse) on arriving at the states.You need make sure he is drug free,cos taking cannibal at that Age is sorta oooops..and who said he is a minor for trying what the Majors take :bonk:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.