26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do you have the interview letter from the embassy, what type of visa interview do it have on it. I believe you were interviewed for a CR1, but you are using the incorrect term. Look at the letter for the interview type.

Yes its a CR1

Filed: Timeline

As I thought, the 130 is what you were interviewed on. You will now have to wait to see why you'll was denied. You should be receiving a letter from USCIS regarding this.

Review this post I will link to and follow some of these suggestions.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/317465-dont-know-what-to-do/page__pid__4756286#entry4756286

Edited by ATPEACE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** not a K-3 visa topic, moving to IR-1/CR-1 forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Do you have the interview letter from the embassy, what type of visa interview do it have on it. I believe you were interviewed for a CR1, but you are using the incorrect term. Look at the letter for the interview type.

Its is the CR1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Extremely good chance this is correct. I never cease to be amazed by the number of people who think the ONLY spouse visa is the K3. The OP should know whether they filed two petitions or only one.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

It is a CR1

Edited by stamma2

It is a CR1

Okay, there is nothing left for you to do but what for the denial responds from USCIS. After recevding the responds you can respond to the NOID. or cancel the orginal petition and start over again with a new one. This can take from a year and half to compelete again.

You'll will need to fix whatever cause the orginal denial, i.e more visits, etc. Sorry but this cannot be fixed overnight. Once it is recv'd back at USCIS, they could send it back to the embassy for another interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Okay, there is nothing left for you to do but what for the denial responds from USCIS. After recevding the responds you can respond to the NOID. or cancel the orginal petition and start over again with a new one. This can take from a year and half to compelete again.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG...............

stamma2: If you receive an NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) from USCIS, you absolutely, positively, unequivocally MUST respond to it. Failure to respond to a NOIR will result in a mark a misrepresentation being placed against your spouse and that will prevent your spouse from ever being issued a visa. If a NOIR is issued, you will have to respond to it within the deadline given (usually 30 days). Also, the NOIR will state the reasons why it has been issued and you must refute those reasons.

One of two things happen when a spousal visa petition is sent back by an Embassy or Consulate:

1. USCIS will issue a NOIR which as I previously stated, MUST be responded to or
  2. USCIS will reaffirm the original petition and send it back to the Embassy or Consulate for another interview

A CO cannot use the same reasons to deny a reaffirmed petition that had been sent back to the Embassy or Consulate for a second interview.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG...............

stamma2: If you receive an NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) from USCIS, you absolutely, positively, unequivocally MUST respond to it. Failure to respond to a NOIR will result in a mark a misrepresentation being placed against your spouse and that will prevent your spouse from ever being issued a visa. If a NOIR is issued, you will have to respond to it within the deadline given (usually 30 days). Also, the NOIR will state the reasons why it has been issued and you must refute those reasons.

One of two things happen when a spousal visa petition is sent back by an Embassy or Consulate:

1. USCIS will issue a NOIR which as I previously stated, MUST be responded to or
  2. USCIS will reaffirm the original petition and send it back to the Embassy or Consulate for another interview

A CO cannot use the same reasons to deny a reaffirmed petition that had been sent back to the Embassy or Consulate for a second interview.

Please read our entire conversation before you go and telling someone that I said something wrong, if you had read instead of reacting you would have read where I have told him he does need to respond to USCIS. The nothing to be done is in-regard to him calling about an open petition, that he doesn't have because he was interviewed for the CR1,not the K3 as he originally thought.

RYAN, please read the entire post before you start reacting........

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

After recevding the responds you can respond to the NOID. or cancel the orginal petition and start over again with a new one.

I requoted a section of your post and in doing so I underlined a key statement and put a key word in bold that was the basis of my reply. The way your statement reads, you are telling the OP that they have a choice of responding to NOIR or cancelling the current petition and starting over with a new one which is incorrect. I don't believe your intent was to tell the OP they had a choice of replying to a NOIR or cancelling and starting over, but that is how it came out.

By the way, I did read and reread the thread before I posted.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, the Consulate CAN use the "same reason" to deny the case a second time and they often do deny a second time when the issue is their subjective opinion the relationship is not bona fide.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.