9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Ok we are currently awaiting for our NOA2, i live with my mom who has the house, me an my 2 sons, then hopefully soon my husband, my mom will be the co sponsor, so how does that work does she have to make over the poverty line for what 4 people? so itd be both mine an my moms income combined plus assets, what would that include? house, bank? the house is being paid up eg mortgage confused as to how this works with the co sponser, and if i where to move out would or could my mom still act as my co sponsor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

It would be your mom 2 sons you and fiance that is 5 people and the amount would be $32,712, You do not have to live with her for her to be a co sponsor

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Your mom to sponsor you should make 125% over the poverty guideline for 5 people: herself, you, your husband and your 2 sons. If she doesn't you can use assets to reach that amount, but remember that the value of the assets must be at least six times the difference between the requested amount and your mother's income (if i'm not mistaken, i hope other vj members will confirm this).

I'm not sure how it would work out if you and your sons moved out now; theorically if you were able to prove that your sons are totally dependent on you and you only, your mother would have to reach the 125% limit for just 2 people: herself and your husband. Again, I hope some other member will help with this :)

--K1 Timeline

02/10/11- 129F petition sent

02/15/11- NOA1 hard copy

06/10/11- NOA2 Hard copy

08/03/11- Interview!!!

08/03/11- Visa APPROVED!!! <3

08/18/11- POE Philadelphia

10/01/11- MARRIED!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

--AOS Timeline

11/04/11- I-485 petition sent

11/10/11- NOA

11/28/11- RFE 1

12/12/11- Biometrics

12/19/11- Transferred to CSC

06/01/12- RFE 2

06/22/12- Approved!!!

06/28/12- Welcome Letter and green card in the mail!!

ROC: March 2014!

Lt1zp2.png

kqw6m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

It would be your mom 2 sons you and fiance that is 5 people and the amount would be $32,712, You do not have to live with her for her to be a co sponsor

Sorry I mean your Husband

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned this, but I believe it is your mom's income that must support everyone if you are going to have her be the co-sponsor. I.e. It is not you and your mother's income combined. She has to meet it all on her own. At least I am pretty sure of that.

so itd be both mine an my moms income combined plus assets, what would that include? house, bank? the house is being paid up eg mortgage confused as to how this works with the co sponser,

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Timeline

The household size is 5; mom, 2 kids, you, and husband.

You will file the I-864 as the primary sponsor/petitioner.

Your mother can file either the I-864 as a joint sponsor or the I-864a as a household member. It's better to file the I-864a because your income and your mother's income will be combined to determine if you are 125% above the poverty line for 5 people. If your mother files the I-864, your income and your mother's income cannot be combined - your mother will have to make 125% above the poverty line for 5 people.

Timeline

ok so say i moved out, an i dont make enough for the 4 of us, effectively id need a co sponsor, now my dad has said he will sponsor my husband, he is single man living alone so he would only need which he does make enough to support him an my husband as i cant so therefore i need a co, have i got it right? its rather confusing, so basically i cant support hubby on my own when im in my own place, so my co sponsor, now dad, will do it, he is single man on his own an makes enough to cover 2 people past poverty line, so there should be no problems? so confused

Filed: Timeline

Hi Steph,

Please ignore my prior post, I got it plain wrong.

As the petitioner, you must file an I-864 on behalf of your husband. You will count yourself, your two dependent children, and the intending immigrant (your husband) for a household size of four.

Here are your options for a joint sponsor;

1. Your mom could file a second I-864 as a joint sponsor. She will count herself and the intending immigrant for a household size of two. However, when the joint sponsor lives with the petitioner and is related, some embassies have required the joint sponsor file the I-864a as a household member. As a household member, your mother's income would be combined with your and together you would have to count you, your mother, your two dependent children, and the intending immigrant for a household size of five. If you move out, your mother would be fine as a joint sponsor with a household size of two.

2. Your dad could file a second I-864 as a joint sponsor. He will count himself and the intending immigrant for a household size of two. You do not need to move out of your mother's house to have your dad be the joint sponsor.

In addition, anyone submitting an I-864 or I864a for your husbnad must count their dependents and legal permanent residents they petitioned for where an Affidavit of Support obligation is still enforceable.

Good luck. Sorry about my prior post causing you stress.

Edited by Jojo92122

Timeline

Hi Steph,

Please ignore my prior post, I got it plain wrong.

As the petitioner, you must file an I-864 on behalf of your husband. You will count yourself, your two dependent children, and the intending immigrant (your husband) for a household size of four.

Here are your options for a joint sponsor;

1. Your mom could file a second I-864 as a joint sponsor. She will count herself and the intending immigrant for a household size of two. However, when the joint sponsor lives with the petitioner and is related, some embassies have required the joint sponsor file the I-864a as a household member. As a household member, your mother's income would be combined with your and together you would have to count you, your mother, your two dependent children, and the intending immigrant for a household size of five. If you move out, your mother would be fine as a joint sponsor with a household size of two.

2. Your dad could file a second I-864 as a joint sponsor. He will count himself and the intending immigrant for a household size of two. You do not need to move out of your mother's house to have your dad be the joint sponsor.

In addition, anyone submitting an I-864 or I864a for your husbnad must count their dependents and legal permanent residents they petitioned for where an Affidavit of Support obligation is still enforceable.

Good luck. Sorry about my prior post causing you stress.

yes i think we are going with me moving out, and my dad as a co as i wouldnt make enough to support 4, and thank you for your help its greatly appreciated, now back to the long waiting game i gues

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.