new1

City Garden Hotel- Manila

49 posts in this topic

And that's just me and my own opinion about keeping my husband away from any chances of being in danger.

Really? :bonk::bonk::bonk:

There are only a few isolated area I would not feel safe in Philippines.

Your husbands biggest danger is getting hit upon by all the girls who love Americans in Philippines.

My Nephew is taking his 18 year old son to Philippines next week, they are staying around Davao area, If I a 18 year old kid will be safe over there, then I am sure your husband will be

I for one have never feared for myself, but I stay in and around Davao myself and it's the safest big city in Philippines in general

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In Palawan the airport is in Puerto Princess, and that might be the main or biggest city, but I looked at the beach and water there and it was boring, No waves, No WhiteSand, Etc, Just didn't like Puerto Princess

We took a van about 1.5 hours to a places called Sabang, Now this place rocked, all kinds of cool stuff to do and they have the underground cave which is cool and monkeys and they even have native and wild squirrels in this area.

I like cool water, with white sugar sand and nice waves and this place had it all, Not much of a night life but that's ok with me, I go to Philippines to relax and hang out.

I keep checking out the Philippines on each trip, I try to stay away from tourist places like Boracy. So I have another tripped to PI in a few months so I will keep on exploring and trying to uncover secret little hidden gems.......

I also hear a place call ElNido in the area is very cool also, but it was like a 4 hour van drive from Puerto Princess

Thanks..Tall...Magdasal.....I looked at both of your links. its been since 2001 since that incident but I am not that big of an Adventurer like you "Tall"! I go there to visit I want to come back to good old Cali. Thanks for the info, I think I will visit some other places for the time being like you have said Tall.:unsure::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

In Palawan the airport is in Puerto Princess, and that might be the main or biggest city, but I looked at the beach and water there and it was boring, No waves, No WhiteSand, Etc, Just didn't like Puerto Princess

We took a van about 1.5 hours to a places called Sabang, Now this place rocked, all kinds of cool stuff to do and they have the underground cave which is cool and monkeys and they even have native and wild squirrels in this area.

I like cool water, with white sugar sand and nice waves and this place had it all, Not much of a night life but that's ok with me, I go to Philippines to relax and hang out.

I keep checking out the Philippines on each trip, I try to stay away from tourist places like Boracy. So I have another tripped to PI in a few months so I will keep on exploring and trying to uncover secret little hidden gems.......

I also hear a place call ElNido in the area is very cool also, but it was like a 4 hour van drive from Puerto Princess

Yeah, we didn't go to touristy places either, though I was briefly tempted to check out Boracay for our honeymoon. I heard too many 'mixed' reviews though...and wanted someplace different anyway. We wound up going to Camiguin for the honeymoon and it was really a great place. Very much a tropical, volcanic island and the people there were super nice. Plus, I got to try lanzones there for the first time...I love those things.

Oh, back to City Garden Hotel...my wife stayed there during her medical. Nice place, but they took advantage of her and tacked on about 1000 pesos worth of taxes and fees to the bill that didn't make any sense. Probably because I made the reservations online for her and paid the reservation fee by credit card...the figured they could get away with it and they did. She won't be staying there for the interview, needless to say.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to CSC

09/17/2013 - Approved!

09/23/2013 - Received approval notice.

10/09/2013 - Card received. Fini!

N400

12/18/2017 - N400 submitted

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

Timeline

Yeah, we didn't go to touristy places either, though I was briefly tempted to check out Boracay for our honeymoon. I heard too many 'mixed' reviews though...and wanted someplace different anyway. We wound up going to Camiguin for the honeymoon and it was really a great place. Very much a tropical, volcanic island and the people there were super nice. Plus, I got to try lanzones there for the first time...I love those things.

Oh, back to City Garden Hotel...my wife stayed there during her medical. Nice place, but they took advantage of her and tacked on about 1000 pesos worth of taxes and fees to the bill that didn't make any sense. Probably because I made the reservations online for her and paid the reservation fee by credit card...the figured they could get away with it and they did. She won't be staying there for the interview, needless to say.

My Fiancee wont stay in city garden either! I heard that also, they add on charges for no REASON!:o:blink:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

You know what?? That was next place to go. I been all over the philippines except there. I will take your word for it.I am not going to search for other answers...But I thank you for the Info...belive me I wont visit there.:unsure: What other Good beaches you recommend?????

I personally recommend the following places since we've been there and saw the places in person:

1. Boracay - crystal water, powdery white sand, lots of activities you can do, party at night :). You can stay either Station 1 and 2 if you want to be near the shopping places, restaurants, party at night, and the widest stretch of white sand. You can stay at hotels in the Station 4 area if you want to see some big waves and have fun with them.

2. Bohol - Panglao area is the best for us. White sand, crystal clear water. I recommend staying at Isis Bungalows and try their Thai Restaurant there. It's the best! Don't forget to see the Virgin Island too and snorkel in Balicasag Island. We've been here 4 times! The place is just so relaxing.. Unlike Boracay, you won't see hundreds of people so you can really relax and rest.

3. Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte - the beach there is fantastic. It is called the second Boracay of the Philippines. White beach and crystal clear water too. BIG waves! yeah!

4. Cebu - we've been to Alegre Beach Resort and the Maribago Blue Water Beach Resort. Very nice places. I like the Maribago more than Alegre. It has its own mini-island :)

5. Subic - we've been to Edgewater Private Resort. We haven't tried public beaches and other resorts in the area since we are friends with the resort's (Edgewater) owner. It's a very beautiful, private resort.

6. Guimaras - Contrary to what people are saying about the place and the oil spill, there are only few resorts that were affected by it. There are tons of resorts that were unspoiled and the place is really paradise... Very, very beautiful beach...

Those are just what we have observed. People can share their own experiences so that Matt and I can try them next time too :):thumbs:

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

Timeline

I personally recommend the following places since we've been there and saw the places in person:

1. Boracay - crystal water, powdery white sand, lots of activities you can do, party at night :). You can stay either Station 1 and 2 if you want to be near the shopping places, restaurants, party at night, and the widest stretch of white sand. You can stay at hotels in the Station 4 area if you want to see some big waves and have fun with them.

2. Bohol - Panglao area is the best for us. White sand, crystal clear water. I recommend staying at Isis Bungalows and try their Thai Restaurant there. It's the best! Don't forget to see the Virgin Island too and snorkel in Balicasag Island. We've been here 4 times! The place is just so relaxing.. Unlike Boracay, you won't see hundreds of people so you can really relax and rest.

3. Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte - the beach there is fantastic. It is called the second Boracay of the Philippines. White beach and crystal clear water too. BIG waves! yeah!

4. Cebu - we've been to Alegre Beach Resort and the Maribago Blue Water Beach Resort. Very nice places. I like the Maribago more than Alegre. It has its own mini-island :)

5. Subic - we've been to Edgewater Private Resort. We haven't tried public beaches and other resorts in the area since we are friends with the resort's (Edgewater) owner. It's a very beautiful, private resort.

6. Guimaras - Contrary to what people are saying about the place and the oil spill, there are only few resorts that were affected by it. There are tons of resorts that were unspoiled and the place is really paradise... Very, very beautiful beach...

Those are just what we have observed. People can share their own experiences so that Matt and I can try them next time too :):thumbs:

Thanks Yhang I only been to 2 of the areas you just mentioned.....Boracay(too many times) and Cebu.Thanks I appreciate it!!! HAPPY 4TH!!!:dance::thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Really? :bonk::bonk::bonk:

There are only a few isolated area I would not feel safe in Philippines.

Your husbands biggest danger is getting hit upon by all the girls who love Americans in Philippines.

My Nephew is taking his 18 year old son to Philippines next week, they are staying around Davao area, If I a 18 year old kid will be safe over there, then I am sure your husband will be

I for one have never feared for myself, but I stay in and around Davao myself and it's the safest big city in Philippines in general

That's good to hear. I guess they feel really confident and safe about going there. As long as they know they will be safe, there's no problem about it. We just don't feel safe about going to Palawan is all.

I don't think he'll be in danger around girls who love Americans. My husband knows how to carry himself in the public. After all, it took 2 years before I said 'yes' to marry him! :lol: If he wanted some cheap #######, he can get one anytime considering he travels to the Philippines every 3 months for business meetings in Makati where we both work. He's been tried and tested to death :yes: haha!

Like I said, we're just not comfortable about the idea of going to Palawan. Better be safe than sorry :D

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

Thanks Yhang I only been to 2 of the areas you just mentioned.....Boracay(too many times) and Cebu.Thanks I appreciate it!!! HAPPY 4TH!!!:dance::thumbs:

You're welcome. When you had the chance to see other places, let me know so we can try it too :)

Happy 4th of July!!! :dance:

Exactly for me on Boracay, I have heard way too many "mixed" reviews also. Last 3 trips to PI I had Boracy on my list to check out, and everytime I talk to others who have been there or lived there I always get talked out of it. In March we went to Palawan and was going to go to Boracay for a few day, I dug Palawan so much I had to blow off Boracay.

I need to check out Boracay for and be able to give a honest review.

When we hit Camigiun back in 2008, I was amazed at all the springs they had around the mountians. I found one place that had like 7 springs in one general area and couple of them were hot spring. We rented motorbikes 4 days and it ran like 200 pesos for 24 hours for each motorbike. Camigium was very inexpensive compared to other parts of Philippines.

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Been to Boracay, and yes, it is beautiful, but a tad expensive (for the PI), and definitely touristy/crowded.

We are going to Bohol in October for our pre-marital honeymoon, plan to stay on Panglao, and SCUBA/relax there, maybe do some boating or jet ski stuff, visit the Tarsiers of course, and the chocolate hills. Maybe even drive around Bohol, looking for a place to build a house on the beach.

Do you remember what your stay at Isis was like, prices, service, etc.? Haven't booked anything yet, so we are open to ideas. Do want to be on the beach, though...

Been to Boracay, and yes, it is beautiful, but a tad expensive (for the PI), and definitely touristy/crowded.

We are going to Bohol in October for our pre-marital honeymoon, plan to stay on Panglao, and SCUBA/relax there, maybe do some boating or jet ski stuff, visit the Tarsiers of course, and the chocolate hills. Maybe even drive around Bohol, looking for a place to build a house on the beach.

Do you remember what your stay at Isis was like, prices, service, etc.? Haven't booked anything yet, so we are open to ideas. Do want to be on the beach, though...

Here's their website: http://www.isisbungalows.com/en/index.html

I think accommodation wise it's reasonable. It's a beachfront hotel and it has the best Thai restaurant! It's far from the noise and all. We've tried touring the place too and we enjoyed the floating restaurant :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Inadvertent duplicate post has been removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Ahhh, yes, I remember looking at Isis online now... nice, but a tad on the expensive side, at 2000~3000php per night. Very pretty looking accommodations, though; thanks for the link!!

Here's their website: http://www.isisbungalows.com/en/index.html

I think accommodation wise it's reasonable. It's a beachfront hotel and it has the best Thai restaurant! It's far from the noise and all. We've tried touring the place too and we enjoyed the floating restaurant :)

Looks pretty cool to me. I stayed at Bohol Beach Club and it was more expensive. I didn't know about this island I may have to make another trip back to Bohol...

Funny Story about Bohol.

It was my 2nd trip to Philippines back in 2007. We went to Bohol Beach Club and it was raining, the freaking beach was full. I was thinking man this place is crowded.

Next morning I go outside it awesome, No clouds in the sky and a perfect day to go to the beach and catch some rays and have a few drinks, I see one or two people swimming all day long.

Night time come and the sun begins to go down and all of sudden the pool and beach is crowded with people

That's the time I learned people in Philippines don't like the sun or getting a tan..........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.