Edrotar

How did you meet your Filipino Fiance?

196 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

I was curious how people going through the fiance petition met? I myself always have been attracted to Filipino women ever since I was in the military (US Air Force). I always tried to get stationed at Clark Airbase but never got a chance due to it closing many yrs ago. I ended up married at a young age to an American, which unfortunately didn't work out. Now after many yrs of thinking back (Im 40yrs old btw) prior to meeting my Filipino fiance (Ysel Jane), I made the decision to go to the Philippines and stop thinking that "what if" or saying "I wish I had traveled there". Best decision I ever made!!!! :D

I have some Filipino co workers and asked them how should I go about meeting a girl from the Philippines, one of them directed me to a chat/dating site called Cherry Blossoms this is how we met. Again this was best thing that ever has happened to me, and my fiance feels the same way. I made a photo video in my signature which tells our story...I would love for you to watch it and share your stories.

My hubby and I met in China! He was attending a military college and went to China on a study-abroad program, and I was on a scholarship. We ended up in the same class, and the rest was history! I couldn't resist his good looks, charm and sweetness, and being a soldier was a total plus back then coz I thought that being with a military man was romantic (L) Now I've come to realize that being a military wife is a lot of work and takes a lot of patience, but he is so worth it and I have had no regrets. :) We will be going through our first deployment soon! I know our meeting is unconventional, and I know a lot of couples who met online and have a great relationship :) Congrats and goodluck to you both on your journey! :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

My hubby and I met in China! He was attending a military college and went to China on a study-abroad program, and I was on a scholarship. We ended up in the same class, and the rest was history! I couldn't resist his good looks, charm and sweetness, and being a soldier was a total plus back then coz I thought that being with a military man was romantic (L) Now I've come to realize that being a military wife is a lot of work and takes a lot of patience, but he is so worth it and I have had no regrets. :) We will be going through our first deployment soon! I know our meeting is unconventional, and I know a lot of couples who met online and have a great relationship :) Congrats and goodluck to you both on your journey! :)

Awesome, see this made me smile..great story! Thanks for sharing:)

My cousin is in America, her husband is my fiancé best friend. My fiancé saw a picture of me on my cousins friendster and told them that he had to meet me. It was sweet!! My fiancé tried calling me and emailing me for a week, but I was not sure about it, but his determination to contact me won me over! Since then, I have been so happy. He is a wonderful man of God and loves me! Now I leave on July 9 to be with him and his family!! I am so happy!!

Timeline

My cousin is in America, her husband is my fiancé best friend. My fiancé saw a picture of me on my cousins friendster and told them that he had to meet me. It was sweet!! My fiancé tried calling me and emailing me for a week, but I was not sure about it, but his determination to contact me won me over! Since then, I have been so happy. He is a wonderful man of God and loves me! Now I leave on July 9 to be with him and his family!! I am so happy!!

Congrats, so how long was your visa process. We just sent our I-129F in and are expecting to get the NOA1 this week. YaY!! first step complete:)

Timeline

Hello all,

I was curious how people going through the fiance petition met? I myself always have been attracted to Filipino women ever since I was in the military (US Air Force). I always tried to get stationed at Clark Airbase but never got a chance due to it closing many yrs ago. I ended up married at a young age to an American, which unfortunately didn't work out. Now after many yrs of thinking back (Im 40yrs old btw) prior to meeting my Filipino fiance (Ysel Jane), I made the decision to go to the Philippines and stop thinking that "what if" or saying "I wish I had traveled there". Best decision I ever made!!!! :D

I have some Filipino co workers and asked them how should I go about meeting a girl from the Philippines, one of them directed me to a chat/dating site called Cherry Blossoms this is how we met. Again this was best thing that ever has happened to me, and my fiance feels the same way. I made a photo video in my signature which tells our story...I would love for you to watch it and share your stories.

I met her with five days left on a three month trip. One of many, all of them at least one month. The first thing I did when I got home was buy a ticket back to the Philippines to live with her family for almost three more months. On Mindanao, Iligan City, along the border with the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao.

Throughout the islands I saw internet cafes full of girls chatting with foreigners. I had been to Luzon, Mindanao, Samar, Leyte, and Cebu by then - the same thing everywhere. The survey I saw here indicates the internet is by far the most common way people are meeting. It was interesting that people always asked us over there if we met on the internet, but in a way that cast suspicion upon us somehow. I didn't understand why, so I asked my wife. She said it was all these Filipinas stripping on the internet. Ha ha how silly. Sure, that was my thinking too - I just preferred the hands-on approach.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

..... he and i met because of our love for volunteer work.....

..... we both share helping the needy in our own little way....

..... he put up a foundation to help filipino day care center kids....

..... i was and am a non-paid volunteer of the foundation.....

..... (the board and volunteers are all non-paid)

..... when he was courting me, i asked myself.....

..... "if he cares for these children, what more to his own family?"

..... he has proven lots of time how his heart works......

..... and the rest .... as they say.... is history....

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Congrats, so how long was your visa process. We just sent our I-129F in and are expecting to get the NOA1 this week. YaY!! first step complete:)

Thank you!! He turned in application in late October and he got petition approval in may 1. I took interview on June 22 and was approved. We meet In January 2010. He visit me 2 times since. Make sure you tell your fiancé to save all documents and proof of relationship for interview. Write each other often! Those thing help with interview. I know it's a long wait, but time goes quickly! Good luck and congrats on your first step complete!

Patty and I met on Filipina Heart now known as Filipino Cupid on May 22, 2010. I know this will sound like a cliche, but, within a few days we knew we were meant to be together. It is as if we've known each other for a long time. We chatted everyday through Yahoo Messenger and Skype and then a lot of video chatting. I met her personally in Cotabato city October 16, 2010. She teaches at Notre Dame University in the Science Department (Biology is her forte). We spent three glorious weeks together visiting Eden Nature Park and Samal Islands in Davao, Coron & Puerto Princesa in Palawan, and Manila. It had been 26 years since we immigrated to the US of A. I had almost forgotten how beautiful Philippines is. We got engaged October 17, 2010 while I was there and submitted the petition April 1, 2011 with NOA1 April 5, 2011. Our prayers were answered when we were notified that as of June 24, 2011 we are approved!!! Now onto the next steps. God willing I will be there for her interview and we will be together within a couple of months. I cannot wait to see my "babe ko" again!star_smile.gif

By the way, beautiful video and good luck on your journey. You will get there no doubt in God's time!

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

We met online. I didnt want that. I was in a Christian chat room and busy doing something else, and she was there too and messaged saying "hello". When I found out she was in the Philippines I didnt really talk any to her. It was my pollicy to not pursue any relationship of any kind with anyone from the Philippines or any African countries, and pretty much ANYONE from overseas, because I felt nothing good could come of it, only a lot of frustration, heartache, and to be "used".

After not saying any more to her and a long period of silence, she said "bye" when she got offline. I looked at her picture in her profile and immediately I had the feeling she would be important to me the rest of my life.

I tried to contact her again, but could not find her again. I added her name on my Yahoo account, but never saw her. She vanished. Then, 6 months later when I was trying to sleep I heard someone come online on my computer which I left on. It was her! She was now in Indonesia where she was teaching at an international school. She didnt remember me at all, but I was overjoyed having found her again. Over the next few months we talked regularly, and I poured my heart out to her about many things. I fell in love with her but made myself not saying anything out of fear I was getting too far ahead of myself. When she talked about us meeting soon, my heart jumped out of my chest.

There is a much longer story to it all, but here we are, with a beautiful baby boy. Both her and our son Shen are my life. Thank God for His miracles....

Brian in Tennessee

Timeline

My Romeliza and I met online in the month of July 2010. Through frequent communcation via yahoo messenger(cam), cellular phone, email, and conventional mail, we was able to create a mutual bond of trust and desire to continue our path towards something....more. During the month of November 2010, I traveled to Cebu from the USA. We was able to spend time with her family, view the beautiful areas of Cebu, Bogo, and Medellin......and marriage proposal. She said Yes....which was the toppings on a beautiful trip. I am scheduled for my next trip in May 2011.... hope to see more of the different sites as the Mactan Shrine and enjoy my first Lechon feast with my family of the Philippines.... presently, we are enjoying the long process of the K1 Process. UPDATE: Enjoyed a wonderful trip to Cebu, including special moments with the family..Lechon Feast, Mactan Shrine, and so many sites in Cebu and Medellin. Still waiting on closure of this process we call K1 :ot2:B-)

April 02, 2011 10:13AM I-129F Mailed to USCIS Dallas, Texas

April 04, 2011 12:25PM Delivered at USCIS Dallas, TX signed by C.Thornquist

April 08, 2011 12:20AM NOA1 (notification by email)

April 08, 2011 Personal Check USCIS, Credited from account.

April 11, 2011 11:52AM Rec I-797C, Notice of Action by mail. NOA1 Notice Date April 06, 2011

Sept. 23, 2011 Notification of Approval of NOA2 (Text Message)

Jan. 03, 2012 K1 Visa APPROVED (USA EMBASSY MANILA)

March 21, 2012 POE Dallas, Texas

event.png

We met online. I didnt want that. I was in a Christian chat room and busy doing something else, and she was there too and messaged saying "hello". When I found out she was in the Philippines I didnt really talk any to her. It was my pollicy to not pursue any relationship of any kind with anyone from the Philippines or any African countries, and pretty much ANYONE from overseas, because I felt nothing good could come of it, only a lot of frustration, heartache, and to be "used".

After not saying any more to her and a long period of silence, she said "bye" when she got offline. I looked at her picture in her profile and immediately I had the feeling she would be important to me the rest of my life.

I tried to contact her again, but could not find her again. I added her name on my Yahoo account, but never saw her. She vanished. Then, 6 months later when I was trying to sleep I heard someone come online on my computer which I left on. It was her! She was now in Indonesia where she was teaching at an international school. She didnt remember me at all, but I was overjoyed having found her again. Over the next few months we talked regularly, and I poured my heart out to her about many things. I fell in love with her but made myself not saying anything out of fear I was getting too far ahead of myself. When she talked about us meeting soon, my heart jumped out of my chest.

There is a much longer story to it all, but here we are, with a beautiful baby boy. Both her and our son Shen are my life. Thank God for His miracles....

Brian in Tennessee

By the way, she was going to come here on a visitor visa, but was denied the visa. So I decided to just go there. We already knew how our hearts felt about each other, so we decided that we would just get married when I came there and not ever let any immigration officer in the future deny our being together again. So we married in the Philippines.

Timeline

Patty and I met on Filipina Heart now known as Filipino Cupid on May 22, 2010. I know this will sound like a cliche, but, within a few days we knew we were meant to be together. It is as if we've known each other for a long time. We chatted everyday through Yahoo Messenger and Skype and then a lot of video chatting. I met her personally in Cotabato city October 16, 2010. She teaches at Notre Dame University in the Science Department (Biology is her forte). We spent three glorious weeks together visiting Eden Nature Park and Samal Islands in Davao, Coron & Puerto Princesa in Palawan, and Manila. It had been 26 years since we immigrated to the US of A. I had almost forgotten how beautiful Philippines is. We got engaged October 17, 2010 while I was there and submitted the petition April 1, 2011 with NOA1 April 5, 2011. Our prayers were answered when we were notified that as of June 24, 2011 we are approved!!! Now onto the next steps. God willing I will be there for her interview and we will be together within a couple of months. I cannot wait to see my "babe ko" again!star_smile.gif

By the way, beautiful video and good luck on your journey. You will get there no doubt in God's time!

Wow your petition was on the fast track...very good to hear! We went to Samal Island also...didn't go the nature park...although we did talk about it. Thanks for posting and thanks for the comment of the video. thanks again and that's definitely the saying we are going by. "In God's Time" Good luck and God Bless!

Timeline

Brian in Tennessee

Its amazing how God works:) Your persistence paid off. Great Story! Ysel is going to love this one, I know she is reading the posts, hopefully she will get some time to reply!

Timeline

I met her with five days left on a three month trip. One of many, all of them at least one month. The first thing I did when I got home was buy a ticket back to the Philippines to live with her family for almost three more months. On Mindanao, Iligan City, along the border with the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao.

Throughout the islands I saw internet cafes full of girls chatting with foreigners. I had been to Luzon, Mindanao, Samar, Leyte, and Cebu by then - the same thing everywhere. The survey I saw here indicates the internet is by far the most common way people are meeting. It was interesting that people always asked us over there if we met on the internet, but in a way that cast suspicion upon us somehow. I didn't understand why, so I asked my wife. She said it was all these Filipinas stripping on the internet. Ha ha how silly. Sure, that was my thinking too - I just preferred the hands-on approach.

I cant even imagine meeting Ysel with only 5days left on a 3month trip. I know you landed and basically caught the next flight out!! She lives on the island of Mindanao...Valencia City, Bukidnon. You know I didn't even notice a single internet cafe. lol Maybe because my eyes were glued to her. That's great that you can stay for that long, my passport would only allow me to be out of the country for 21 days. Not many foreigners in Valencia City that I saw so I was getting all kinds of looks but I'm so out going that I would start a conversation with alot of the people there staring, the staring stopped right away. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.