Lesigh

USCIS National Customer Service Center

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

USCIS gave you the authority to do this? I am sure they believe their own web site provides all answers and that is why they created it. I just wonder if creating this and telling us you represent USCIS is against a confidentaility agreement you signed when you got hired. This really is very consering. I am happy someone wants to help here but I think USCIS should do it not some individual. We have no idea who you really are and there is no way to verify it. Even the USCIS number we call can not give us the answers we need. What if someone asks you a question and you give wrong answer, then who is responsible? What if someone holds you responsible for an error? There are attorneys here that offer services and are able to really give help over and beyond the general questions. they have studied for over 8 years to qualify them. Please please do not say you have more knowledge than them.

I'm not here to answer questions about anyone's specific cases. I'm here to answer questions about customer service. If you have a question about customer service please feel free to post it in this thread. If you have questions relating to any specific case that's been filed, please visit your local USCIS field office or write to the office processing your case.

Hi Lesigh,

I have a few questions based on some of my issues when going through the USCIS. There were a few times I had potential issues and called the CSR. The times I did call I did not get the answers (or solutions) I was looking for so I hope you can clarify what exactly the CSR is able to do..

Specific questions:

Are CSRs able to help with clarifying policy used for document requirements? My specific example is the divorce certificate. In my case when filing an I-130 I supplied a divorce certificate issued by my state. I later read that people received RFEs for supplying this document instead of a divorce decree. I've also read of divorce decrees not being accepted because there is a secondary signature required... I tried calling a CSR to see if I could update my I-130. I was told I could not until I received the RFE,. I was also not given any guidelines as to the requirements. The official guideline is "provide proof of termination of previous marriages". Where can we look to get the exact requirements for some of the USCIS documents if not the CSR?

**No, CSRs cannot clarify documents requirements. I'm not sure if the requirements for some documents are posted anywhere. Questions of this nature are best directed towards an IIO (Immigration Information Officer) or an attorney that specializes in immigration matters.**

I recently received my NOA2. I called the CSR who was emphatic that I had not received my NOA2. The CSR reluctantly sent me to a tier 2 representative who told me I was approved days before. I now have received a hard copy. The USCIS website still shows my petition as under review and when I called a CSR on Friday (I was curious) I was told it was still not approved even though I had the hard copy in my hand... SO the question: Are the CSRs (and the USCIS in general) aware that the information they are giving out is sometimes not accurate?

**Yes, we're aware sometimes the information is inaccurate. Our job description dictates that we provide the information we have available to us. Thus, we provide the information or risk being terminated :( **

Are there any plans to fix this?

**Not that we're currently aware of.**

DO you know why the CSRs have access to different information that the Tier 2 reps?

**Tier 2 reps have a much higher security clearance than Tier 1, so they have access to and are able to provide more information.**

It seems that read only access to the up-to-date database would be desirable. Any information you have on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

Hey - Welcome Aboard !

It's nice to have such interaction with a Serco Contractor at USCIS - historically most at VJ have pegged the USCIS hotline, with CSRs answering the phone, as the 'mis-information line', as the Tier 1 humans can't see more than what's already available online, re: case status, it's obvious after the 3rd call that any CSR is reading from a script, and usually 'the answer' includes 'call back in 30 days'.

Tier 2 Humans, ISOs, have higher computer access, so it's possible to get other timeticks on a casefile when some problems arise. Many people report here that it's almost impossible to get to a Tier 2 Human, an ISO.

You've mentioned a time zone issue with ISOs (you call them IIOs) so here's my two part question:

1. what timezone are the ISOs in, or whats the best time to call in to get an ISO?

2. What is the magic question to use, to get to an ISO, instead of being sidetracked with 'call back in 30 days' response?

Thanks in advance !

1. Tier 2 reps are typically available between 8am and 6pm nationwide.

2. There is no "magic question" really. Our database determines that certain questions/concerns should be immidiately transferred to a Tier 2 representative. If your issue is not one of those, you can simply request a transfer.

Keep in mind, Tier 1 representatives are human beings. A polite request to be transferred as opposed to a harsh demand to be transferred can go a long way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

It is so very nice of you to come to this site and take time out of your day/night to answer peoples questions whether it is the answers they "want" to hear or not.

I have two questions:

1. Do you know why the Vermont Service Center may be slower than the California Service Center? Not sure if you can answer this one or not.

2. How did you yourself find out about this website?

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

its obviously useless to ask questions here...im sure most people have a very good idea about CSRs they make you go like this >>>>>>girlwerewolf2xn.gifgirlwerewolf2xn.gifgirlwerewolf2xn.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

its obviously useless to ask questions here...im sure most people have a very good idea about CSRs they make you go like this >>>>>>girlwerewolf2xn.gifgirlwerewolf2xn.gifgirlwerewolf2xn.gif

I failed to see ONE Answer to any question from the OP. Best we just continue as usual and disreguard.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

hello lesigh,i was just wondering do cases from california ss get sent to virginia ss and vice versa because of volume.we all know that virginia at this current time is lagging considerably behind california ss.why not shift work loads or add a service center?also,the future immigration issues will eventually change and millions of illegal immigrants will get a crack at legally remaining here in the usa.what will happen to these service centers then? thank you for your reply kevin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post from a separately started thread has been merged with this topic. It is best to ask any questions anyone has of Lesigh in this thread only instead of starting a new thread or posting somewhere else as she may not see it. :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Count me among those that have doubts about the OP. Nothing better to do with his/her time than answer our questions. And none of the answers so far have enlightened us. I think someone is just having some fun. This is one thread that I will ignore.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It depends on the nature of the questions you wish to ask. If it is about the Call Centers/Information Line, then it is useful. If it is about something else, then you probably won't be satisfied.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,I work for the USCIS customer service center. I've created this topic to answer any questions you may have about what to expect when calling customer service. I can provide information about what kinds of services we (myself and other service reps) can and cannot provide. I will answer each of your questions with the utmost honesty (as I'm not restricted by company policies on this website). So please, feel free to ask anything you would like. I will answer to the best of my ability.

Wow!! Thank you. This awesome. My husband and I happened to be over 7 months waiting for an NOA2. We put in a service request and got an e-mail on 5/11/11. The e-mail stated that our background checks were still in process and not to inquire back until 180 days.

1. My first concern is that our application is lost.

2. My second concern is that we applied for the K-3 Spousal Visa that is currently being phased out.

3. My third question is: Do you know if those of us that are waiting so long for background checks are selected randomly or for a specific reason. I know it is not the country because I recently saw a married couple from a high high risk country get approved in 3 months.

4. Do you know why the background checks take so long?

If you could address any of my concerns, I would be so appreciative. My stress has already sent me to the hospital two weeks ago. I think I would feel better if I could understand any of this.

Thank you so much.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Timeline

Wow!! Thank you. This awesome. My husband and I happened to be over 7 months waiting for an NOA2. We put in a service request and got an e-mail on 5/11/11. The e-mail stated that our background checks were still in process and not to inquire back until 180 days.

1. My first concern is that our application is lost.

2. My second concern is that we applied for the K-3 Spousal Visa that is currently being phased out.

3. My third question is: Do you know if those of us that are waiting so long for background checks are selected randomly or for a specific reason. I know it is not the country because I recently saw a married couple from a high high risk country get approved in 3 months.

4. Do you know why the background checks take so long?

If you could address any of my concerns, I would be so appreciative. My stress has already sent me to the hospital two weeks ago. I think I would feel better if I could understand any of this.

Thank you so much.

Get better. Your not much good sick. You have NOT Been Told No.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

I'm not here to answer questions about anyone's specific cases. I'm here to answer questions about customer service. If you have a question about customer service please feel free to post it in this thread. If you have questions relating to any specific case that's been filed, please visit your local USCIS field office or write to the office processing your case.

READ PEOPLE. Stop asking questions about your case. There will be no reply. I don't believe the Thread anyway.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

READ PEOPLE. Stop asking questions about your case. There will be no reply. I don't believe the Thread anyway.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Count me among those that have doubts about the OP. Nothing better to do with his/her time than answer our questions. And none of the answers so far have enlightened us. I think someone is just having some fun. This is one thread that I will ignore.

You are probably right but then the answers have been about what was expected: They can't make any changes, they don't have any better access to the information that is already on the USCIS site (information which may or may not be accurate) and they can't clarify specific questions on documentation or policy.

What they can do: Tell you what the website already says and direct you to a tier 2 person.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.