Ellie-n-Vladimir

all of a sudden, having wrong SSN, marital status, etc. on pay stub

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Today, I received a regular pay statement notification email from ADP that's been integrated with our HR. I logged into the portal and got shocked. The more I read the statement, the more I got freaked out.. completely, totally, entirely! The number is unexpectedly higher than usual, the marital status is changed from Single to Married(!!), my SSN is wrong, the DOB is wrong, the 'exemption/allowances' is changed from 0 to 5, only my name & address appear correct. What?? Seemed my original W4's been replaced with someone else's. Ran to HR! They admitted it's an error, 'most likely it's a system error' , but an 'administrative error'! Maybe.. They fixed it in the system in front of me and said that it'll be reflected in the next stub. They also contacted ADP, ADP will fix it with IRS - that's the last thing I care for now. Eventually, everything will be ok, except one thing.. - they're not able to re-generate the existing stub with correct information as it's already under payroll. They agreed to give me an official letter, stating the issue, but I don't know how this letter would work for the Consulate in Kiev. We're currently at the NVC->Consulate stage. How can he put this '#$# -Married' statement on the CO's table.. Should I ignore this stub & the letter, but wait for the next 'new' ones? How many recent pay stubs are required to be present? How do you see this problem? What would you suggest/recommend? Appreciate your feedback, even a single word.

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What a nightmare!If possible, I would not submit this paystub. If you earn the same salary all the time, you really only need 2-4 stubs, ie a couple of months worth. If you earned the same in your last tax return, even less.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

If you've been cleared at the nvc and your support from sponsors are all good then it shouldn't be a problem but, the consulate might hold up the case for further review because of it. And, there has been an issue lately with consulates refusing because they claim that new evidence is being introduced and that they will need more time to review it, a vague verbal conversation and a vague amount of time it will take is exchanged without any paperwork. Are you using an attorney? Hope not.

Go to the interview and leave out this stuff but have it with you to give to them only if they ask for it. They ask for things they don't see in front of them that are important to them. If they don't ask for anything then don't worry about it. During our interview 90 percent of the things that I brought were never either looked at or asked for. It's all about proving sponsorship. Make sure it's very clear and solid. That said, if you do give them this pay stub, the consulate will have to make a decision to accept it or not. If not, they will ask for more info or more time to review it. If you present it to them make sure you get that letter notarized and write your own letter describing what happened and sign off on it that you swear that it's all true. Try to think like the consulate, would you accept it or not?

hope this helps

Oct. 2009 - Met on Facebook(I found her through a friend)

July 2010 - Married

Oct. 2010 - Filed I-130 with USCIS

Nov. 2010 - Official permission to reside in Indonesia (KITAS)

Jan. 2011 - Medical Exam and Vaccinations completed

Jan. 2011 - Cancelled I-130

Jan. 2011 - Filed DCF (Direct Consular Filing)

Jan. 2011 - I-130 Approved

Jan. 2011 - Rec. (packet 3)instructions

Jan. 2011 - Gathering Documents

Feb. 2011 - Emailed Embassy

Feb. 2011 - Interview Date Sent

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Took 32 days from the filing of the petition to getting visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am sure you have some time... if you get two a month then it should be enough..... i think the letter of employer would work too... but they rarely ask for actual stubs.... ur gonna be good to go very soon!

event.png

K-1 Visa Journey

03/15/2011 - I-129F sent via USPS

03/18/2011 - NOA1

06/14/2011 - NOA2

07/11/2011 - NVC In

07/11/2011 - NVC Out

07/18/2011 - Consulate Received

08/15/2011 - Interview - Visa Approved

08/31/2011 - Aeroflot - Moscow > Los Angeles

11/19/2011 - Married =)

03/01/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP packet submitted

03/07/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - NOA

03/29/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - Biometrics

04/30/2012 - EAD & AP Approved

Timeline

What a nightmare!If possible, I would not submit this paystub. If you earn the same salary all the time, you really only need 2-4 stubs, ie a couple of months worth. If you earned the same in your last tax return, even less.

Thank you, Silja and Will, for the quick response! I'm salaried exempt, earn the same number all the time. My 2007-2010 tax returns are pretty much the same, 'Single, 0 dependents '. All previous pay stubs are 'Single, 0', too.

Timeline

If you've been cleared at the nvc and your support from sponsors are all good then it shouldn't be a problem but, the consulate might hold up the case for further review because of it. And, there has been an issue lately with consulates refusing because they claim that new evidence is being introduced and that they will need more time to review it, a vague verbal conversation and a vague amount of time it will take is exchanged without any paperwork. Are you using an attorney? Hope not.

Go to the interview and leave out this stuff but have it with you to give to them only if they ask for it. They ask for things they don't see in front of them that are important to them. If they don't ask for anything then don't worry about it. During our interview 90 percent of the things that I brought were never either looked at or asked for. It's all about proving sponsorship. Make sure it's very clear and solid. That said, if you do give them this pay stub, the consulate will have to make a decision to accept it or not. If not, they will ask for more info or more time to review it. If you present it to them make sure you get that letter notarized and write your own letter describing what happened and sign off on it that you swear that it's all true. Try to think like the consulate, would you accept it or not?

hope this helps

Happynewlyweds, thank you for the help! We're K-1 people. I don't think we've been going through this type of clearance at NVC. The sponsorship is validated & verified at the Consulate. I do have an attorney - VJ Guides. smile.gif

I'm glad for you, guys. You're together since Feb!

Timeline

I am sure you have some time... if you get two a month then it should be enough..... i think the letter of employer would work too... but they rarely ask for actual stubs.... ur gonna be good to go very soon!

Felya, thanks for your support! I printed out all 2011 stubs, except this 'shocking surprise'. Have the letter from the employer. I was ready to DHL it to Vladimir, just waited for this ugly one.. Now, it's.. No words. And who screwed it up? HR! Hope, you & Olya are doing well. Perhaps, the Consulates control traffic, it’s a summer time, that's why we're sitting in the NVC waiting room (in reply to your last topic).

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Wait, you are using an attorney? If your attorney can't answer these questions then get rid of him or her before they mess up your whole case and take your money regardless.

Oct. 2009 - Met on Facebook(I found her through a friend)

July 2010 - Married

Oct. 2010 - Filed I-130 with USCIS

Nov. 2010 - Official permission to reside in Indonesia (KITAS)

Jan. 2011 - Medical Exam and Vaccinations completed

Jan. 2011 - Cancelled I-130

Jan. 2011 - Filed DCF (Direct Consular Filing)

Jan. 2011 - I-130 Approved

Jan. 2011 - Rec. (packet 3)instructions

Jan. 2011 - Gathering Documents

Feb. 2011 - Emailed Embassy

Feb. 2011 - Interview Date Sent

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Took 32 days from the filing of the petition to getting visa

My opinion is that Everything will be fine. I am paid weekly and I sent only 6 stubs, like every other I downloaded from Paycheks. Lena told me that the CSR never even reviewed them.

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

yeah, olya talked to her girl friends from her site and they rarely ask for pay stubs... you really dont need more than a few.... its always good to have extra but it wont be a problem, i assure you.......

honestly, i see people dont update their timelines but people from early june are still sitting waiting for nvc.... i hate this lag.... i actually havent even recieved the hard copy of noa2 =(

event.png

K-1 Visa Journey

03/15/2011 - I-129F sent via USPS

03/18/2011 - NOA1

06/14/2011 - NOA2

07/11/2011 - NVC In

07/11/2011 - NVC Out

07/18/2011 - Consulate Received

08/15/2011 - Interview - Visa Approved

08/31/2011 - Aeroflot - Moscow > Los Angeles

11/19/2011 - Married =)

03/01/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP packet submitted

03/07/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - NOA

03/29/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - Biometrics

04/30/2012 - EAD & AP Approved

Timeline

My opinion is that Everything will be fine. I am paid weekly and I sent only 6 stubs, like every other I downloaded from Paycheks. Lena told me that the CSR never even reviewed them.

Igor, spasibo! Surprising.. Did they review the tax returns?

Timeline

yeah, olya talked to her girl friends from her site and they rarely ask for pay stubs... you really dont need more than a few.... its always good to have extra but it wont be a problem, i assure you.......

honestly, i see people dont update their timelines but people from early june are still sitting waiting for nvc.... i hate this lag.... i actually havent even recieved the hard copy of noa2 =(

Thanks! Are you @ Laguna Niguel? Give them a call (phone# is in your NOA1)

You do need a hard copy of NOA2: 1) to send it to Olya for an interview, 2) for the further AOS.

No wonder there are some who 'dont update their timelines' don't put dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I'm sure those live this way every day. It's all about living in integrity. As simple as it sounds

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Today, I received a regular pay statement notification email from ADP that's been integrated with our HR. I logged into the portal and got shocked. The more I read the statement, the more I got freaked out.. completely, totally, entirely! The number is unexpectedly higher than usual, the marital status is changed from Single to Married(!!), my SSN is wrong, the DOB is wrong, the 'exemption/allowances' is changed from 0 to 5, only my name & address appear correct. What?? Seemed my original W4's been replaced with someone else's. Ran to HR! They admitted it's an error, 'most likely it's a system error' , but an 'administrative error'! Maybe.. They fixed it in the system in front of me and said that it'll be reflected in the next stub. They also contacted ADP, ADP will fix it with IRS - that's the last thing I care for now. Eventually, everything will be ok, except one thing.. - they're not able to re-generate the existing stub with correct information as it's already under payroll. They agreed to give me an official letter, stating the issue, but I don't know how this letter would work for the Consulate in Kiev. We're currently at the NVC->Consulate stage. How can he put this '#$# -Married' statement on the CO's table.. Should I ignore this stub & the letter, but wait for the next 'new' ones? How many recent pay stubs are required to be present? How do you see this problem? What would you suggest/recommend? Appreciate your feedback, even a single word.

Good Grief!!

Talk about a murphy moment!

But it sounds like you have a bit of time and good advise and support. Know that Jenny's and my prayers go with you also!

Good luck!!

We are going to have to wait until about October to file as we want to time the interview etc to be close to when Jenny's teaching contract with the University is over and for Cristina to be out of school for the summer. So you wil be an old married couple :dance: by the time we can walk down the asile ! :)

Misha -n- Zhenya

I've got some good news for you and some bad news for you.

The good news is that if you are 125% over the poverty level and the most recent two pay stubs can show that than you are good to go.

The bad news is that ADP screwed up my 1997 withholdings as reported to the IRS and I got audited in 2002 and had to prove that I did not make a bit more than twice my actual salary but the tax payments form my company were half of what was indicated. What a royal PITA. So I would stay on this and make certain ADP and you company get this resolved NOW. I would also suggest that you make certain to keep this years tax return for 7 years rather than 3 or 5 as most recommend. The USCIS may work slow, the IRS more so.

Good luck with you interview.

Dave

Good Grief!!

Talk about a murphy moment!

But it sounds like you have a bit of time and good advise and support. Know that Jenny's and my prayers go with you also!

Good luck!!

We are going to have to wait until about October to file as we want to time the interview etc to be close to when Jenny's teaching contract with the University is over and for Cristina to be out of school for the summer. So you wil be an old married couple :dance: by the time we can walk down the asile ! :)

Misha -n- Zhenya

Just an aside here. Please remember that the K-1 visa is valid for a period of six months from the issue date, but the processing times are unknown and highly varable. So you may want to file knowing that it may take six months just to approve the K-1 and have it sent to the Embassy. Then there is the Embassy wait time. Roza received her visa September 22nd and it was valid until March 22nd and she arrived in the US December 22nd. I guess we like the number 22.:lol:

Good luck with your VJ,

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.