USColombia

Affidavit of Support

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Look If you are clearly over the poverty line I don't think they will be scrutinizing over whether you tax return was certified copy from IRS or the one you print off. If your pay stub matches up with what you are claiming on your return I'm sure they won't have a problem. Was anyone who was clearly over the poverty line ever denied because they didn't provide certified copies of their tax returns? I doubt it but if you were please speak up.

Timeline:

Meetings (dating)in Person Aug 2009/Nov 2009/Jan 2010/Jun 2010 (Engaged!)

VSC

Sep 7th 2010 I-129F Submitted

Sep 9th 2010 NOA1 Received via Text

Sep 10th 2010 I-129F Accepted

Sep 2010 5th meeting in person

Oct 3rd 2010 Touched

Feb 2011 6th meeting arranged (spending Valentine's together)

Mar 17 2011 NOA2 @09:59 am Thank You St Patty! It only took 6 months 1 week 1 day

NVC

Mar 24th NVC Receives I-129F Petition

Mar 28th Case Number Assigned

Mar 29th File shipped to Manila

Manila Embassy

Apr 1 Receives Case File

Apr 6 Medical - Sputum test required

Apr 12 Begin 3 day Sputum test at St Lukes

Jun 13th medical sputum cleared / Jun 14th Medical completed

Jun 27 Interview - Visa Approved!!

Jul 14th VISA Packet Received : ) Finally! 310 days from submittal to VISA in hand

3 months 1 week and 3 days from NOA2 approval to Embassy Approval

Aug 9th Fiancee arrives in USA at POE Honolulu Hi

Aug 11th Tony and Jubi have a Beautiful Wedding in Hawaii

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed - 18 Nov 2011/USPS-confirmed delivery 23 Nov/Check Cashed - 29 Nov

20 Jan 2012 EAD and AP Approved txt msg received

14 Mar 2012 RFE for AoS / 3 Apr 2012 RFE info recv by USCIS /11 Apr 2012 AoS Approved

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone tell me if they were denied at the Interview because they printed their return info from the tax return software and not from the IRS? I make well over the poverty level and I work for the Govt so my pay stubs reflex my income levels and length of service. I also provided an appoint level to my current position level which also reflects my annual salary.

Timeline:

Meetings (dating)in Person Aug 2009/Nov 2009/Jan 2010/Jun 2010 (Engaged!)

VSC

Sep 7th 2010 I-129F Submitted

Sep 9th 2010 NOA1 Received via Text

Sep 10th 2010 I-129F Accepted

Sep 2010 5th meeting in person

Oct 3rd 2010 Touched

Feb 2011 6th meeting arranged (spending Valentine's together)

Mar 17 2011 NOA2 @09:59 am Thank You St Patty! It only took 6 months 1 week 1 day

NVC

Mar 24th NVC Receives I-129F Petition

Mar 28th Case Number Assigned

Mar 29th File shipped to Manila

Manila Embassy

Apr 1 Receives Case File

Apr 6 Medical - Sputum test required

Apr 12 Begin 3 day Sputum test at St Lukes

Jun 13th medical sputum cleared / Jun 14th Medical completed

Jun 27 Interview - Visa Approved!!

Jul 14th VISA Packet Received : ) Finally! 310 days from submittal to VISA in hand

3 months 1 week and 3 days from NOA2 approval to Embassy Approval

Aug 9th Fiancee arrives in USA at POE Honolulu Hi

Aug 11th Tony and Jubi have a Beautiful Wedding in Hawaii

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed - 18 Nov 2011/USPS-confirmed delivery 23 Nov/Check Cashed - 29 Nov

20 Jan 2012 EAD and AP Approved txt msg received

14 Mar 2012 RFE for AoS / 3 Apr 2012 RFE info recv by USCIS /11 Apr 2012 AoS Approved

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Can anyone tell me if they were denied at the Interview because they printed their return info from the tax return software and not from the IRS? I make well over the poverty level and I work for the Govt so my pay stubs reflex my income levels and length of service. I also provided an appoint level to my current position level which also reflects my annual salary.

The IRS transcripts are just the preferred method. They are free, and come directly from the IRS, making them completely credible in the eyes of the consulates and USCIS. They are also easier, as they include all the info that is required, so no need to find all the pages and W-2s and such to copy and send in. However, you can also use a copy of your tax returns. You just need to be sure to send in a copy of every page of your return, including attached schedules and W-2s and 1099s, etc. Basically whatever you had to mail to the IRS, or would have had to mail to them if you filed electronically instead.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There is no fee for the tax transcripts. The tax return, pay stubs, and W2 are things that your fiancee has in her possession.

hello everybody is there any fee to pay for tax transcript ,tax return ,check stubs , and W-2 .

please tell me so i can pay the money to my fiancee in california .

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

how can i apply for w-2 form and where i can find it ? how much the fee they need?

I am not really sure what fees you are asking about. A W-2 is something an employee receives automatically from their employer at the end of the year that shows their yearly salary and how many taxes were withheld. It is needed for filing taxes.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just got mine from the IRS office in my city. Question: Some people have said theirs had stamps on it? Mine was printed by the secretary and looks as though it just came from a website. Can I use these or are they not "official" enough?

And I got her to print my W2s that again look as though they came off a website. Are these usable?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.