MMantovani

Be aware of the fine print on your I-130 approval letter

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I will try to make this as short as possible...We were approved on MAY 20TH and we had not heard anything from the NVC so I finally called on the 16th business day. The told me that they had not yet received my case but that they would investigate. To my horror I received an email on Thursday from the NVC saying that the field office was holding my petition. I was in complete shock, so I went on line and thanks to God there was an appt available that same day. When I arrived to the local office I spoke to the women and she kept saying that my case was not there and I said yes look at the email from the NVC and then she looked at it and said oh yes it is here. Then she proceeded to ask me questions about my husband and I said he was not living in the US then she points out that the approval letter said

The above petition has been approved. The person this petition is for will be notified separately when a decision has been reached on his or her pending status of adjustment application.

Because it says this they were holding our petition thinking that my husband was adjusting his status and living in the US which he wasn't.

I called USCIS and they told me this was an error on their part and that my case would immediately be sent the NVC. I really want to believe that, that is true but I seriously doubt that. Our case is probably still sitting on the case workers desk gathering some more dust.

The worst part about losing a month is that our attorney didn't even bother to read the fine print. If he would have seen this he could have called USCIS and have corrected the error ASAP!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I will try to make this as short as possible...We were approved on MAY 20TH and we had not heard anything from the NVC so I finally called on the 16th business day. The told me that they had not yet received my case but that they would investigate. To my horror I received an email on Thursday from the NVC saying that the field office was holding my petition. I was in complete shock, so I went on line and thanks to God there was an appt available that same day. When I arrived to the local office I spoke to the women and she kept saying that my case was not there and I said yes look at the email from the NVC and then she looked at it and said oh yes it is here. Then she proceeded to ask me questions about my husband and I said he was not living in the US then she points out that the approval letter said

The above petition has been approved. The person this petition is for will be notified separately when a decision has been reached on his or her pending status of adjustment application.

Because it says this they were holding our petition thinking that my husband was adjusting his status and living in the US which he wasn't.

I called USCIS and they told me this was an error on their part and that my case would immediately be sent the NVC. I really want to believe that, that is true but I seriously doubt that. Our case is probably still sitting on the case workers desk gathering some more dust.

The worst part about losing a month is that our attorney didn't even bother to read the fine print. If he would have seen this he could have called USCIS and have corrected the error ASAP!

Another reason why I think attorneys are useless...I am sorry you lost the time, as I know every second counts while waiting on immigration!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So sorry for your unnecessary troubles :unsure: but due to your diligence it was caught :thumbs: This is why we need to stay on top of the situation during each step of the process. Your attorney should reimburse your money for his error :bonk: What was he getting paid for? :no:

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. :thumbs:

Timeline

Another reason why I think attorneys are useless...I am sorry you lost the time, as I know every second counts while waiting on immigration!

You are probably right but our case was to complicated that we had to get an attorney involved

Timeline

So sorry for your unnecessary troubles :unsure: but due to your diligence it was caught :thumbs: This is why we need to stay on top of the situation during each step of the process. Your attorney should reimburse your money for his error :bonk: What was he getting paid for? :no:

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. :thumbs:

M

We are not footing the bill for the attorney so I'm not sure what he was paid for but from my understanding he was to follow up on our I-130 till the end but it doesn't seem that way. I know for the last packets he said the cost was $1500 for the 2 forms that we need. we tried filling my husbands form out ourselves but since my husbands case is complicated we had to ask for his assistance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

in a few days, follow up with USCIS again, get a Tier 2 Human, an ISO - check casefile status with them, ensure/insure the casefile has been bundled up to go to NVC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

in a few days, follow up with USCIS again, get a Tier 2 Human, an ISO - check casefile status with them, ensure/insure the casefile has been bundled up to go to NVC.

Yes Darnell that is exactly what I was going to do :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.