ezzie

Please help..

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can only run to VJ after praying to the Heavenly Father for mercy and guidance..so please advice, as I am so tensed about our situation.

My son is turning 18 this year. After a surviving the tale of our petition being transferred to the Texas Service Center blackhole, we are finally scheduled to have the interview on July 1. Up to this time, the biological father has refused to sign the consent allowing my child to go. My son is willing to come with me. I have been trying to ask for the consent for the longest time, and was told he will, but I am always given the run-around.

I am planning to just go ahead and take my son with me ( with a positive mind that we will pass the interview). I don't know if there was ever a case wherein the immigrations in the Philippines did not let a 17 year old board the plane with his mother with him.

Any advice/experience/known case/, whether positive or negative, will be appreciated. These will help clear my mind.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I assume your son has a passport and his father gave permission for it.

but you did not say. If you get visa for him and you, you could wait till he turns 18 as you say this year, and travel then. You could even say in interview that you desire this.

I can only run to VJ after praying to the Heavenly Father for mercy and guidance..so please advice, as I am so tensed about our situation.

My son is turning 18 this year. After a surviving the tale of our petition being transferred to the Texas Service Center blackhole, we are finally scheduled to have the interview on July 1. Up to this time, the biological father has refused to sign the consent allowing my child to go. My son is willing to come with me. I have been trying to ask for the consent for the longest time, and was told he will, but I am always given the run-around.

I am planning to just go ahead and take my son with me ( with a positive mind that we will pass the interview). I don't know if there was ever a case wherein the immigrations in the Philippines did not let a 17 year old board the plane with his mother with him.

Any advice/experience/known case/, whether positive or negative, will be appreciated. These will help clear my mind.

Thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks.

I dont think prayer or a positive mind will change the way the laws of the USA are applied to your case. The young man wont be getting on a plane without a passport with a visa in it.

You should contact the embassy now to find out what you can do to obtain the visa if you dont have the fathers signature on the required document. If there has been contact of any type with the father they will require the signature & possibly want the father to come in to be interviewed.

Also find out what can be done after his 18th birthday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe the interview can be rescheduled til after his 18th birthday. Being 18, he may not need fathers permission, but I am unaware of the age of consent in this type of case. The medical is good for 6 months and the payment made at BPI is good for a year. I know of someone that had rescheduled nearly nine months away with a letter to the USEM, but needed to do medical again.

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks.

hi,

If you were not or haven't been married to the biological father of your son, in other words your son is illegitimate, I don't think you still need his biological father's signature. Here in the Philippines, what matter most is the mother (if the child is illegitimate)

Timeline

hi,

If you were not or haven't been married to the biological father of your son, in other words your son is illegitimate, I don't think you still need his biological father's signature. Here in the Philippines, what matter most is the mother (if the child is illegitimate)

I dont have experiance in the PI but I do know that the laws of the USA are imposed by the embassy. They do not care what the laws of the host country are when it comes to this issue.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I dont have experiance in the PI but I do know that the laws of the USA are imposed by the embassy. They do not care what the laws of the host country are when it comes to this issue.

You couldn't be more wrong. I do have first-hand experience in this. My little guy (step-son) didn't need biological father's permission to travel because under Philippine Law if the parents were never married then the child is under full custody and control of the mother.

See the relevant link in my signature (second line).

Ezzie, were you married to the child's father?

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Timeline

You couldn't be more wrong. I do have first-hand experience in this. My little guy (step-son) didn't need biological father's permission to travel because under Philippine Law if the parents were never married then the child is under full custody and control of the mother.

See the relevant link in my signature (second line).

I guess you didnt see the part where I said I didnt have experiance in the P I. Since you do she doesnt need to worry about the outcome.

I also didnt need the fathers permission when we brought my daughter here from Thailand but things have changed now. They will not issue visas to children if the bio father doesnt sign.

Timeline

Unfortunately, I am actually still married to him under Philippine law. I divorced him in the US, and it was granted. Since there is no divorce in the Philippines, I am still legally married to him in the Philippines, since we did not file for annulment. Anyone who is, or had the same case a mine would know, that annulment is such a big issue here, with all the hypocrisy. With the divorce, we have joint custody.

With regards to the affidavit, I have just talked to someone here on VJ who recently had the interview with her daughter, and she did not have the consent. I am awaiting news from her re: her departure and at the POE.

I know prayers and a positive attitude is not enough, but that's all I have at the moment.

I am thinking, if the father comes to the airport and my son cannot board, I will wait till he turns 18. We would have to redo the medical, but i would have 3 days leeway between his 18th birthday and the expiration of his visa for him to come over to US.

Any thoughts...?

Edited by ezzie

Timeline

Hi ezzie,

We're kinda on the same boat so I know your feeling but based on what i've searched and some helped from co VJ's too ,they said USEM would not asked for that letter of consent to your ex .Hope this will help too >>> http://www.dswd.gov.ph/index.php/faq/1886-travel-clearance-for-minors- .You're ahead of me in the interview date so hope you share what you'll experience.God speed ...

I just may add ,yes there is no divorce here but you can file recognition of foreign divorce .

Unfortunately, I am actually still married to him under Philippine law. I divorced him in the US, and it was granted. Since there is no divorce in the Philippines, I am still legally married to him in the Philippines, since we did not file for annulment. Anyone who is, or had the same case a mine would know, that annulment is such a big issue here, with all the hypocrisy. With the divorce, we have joint custody.

With regards to the affidavit, I have just talked to someone here on VJ who recently had the interview with her daughter, and she did not have the consent. I am awaiting news from her re: her departure and at the POE.

I know prayers and a positive attitude is not enough, but that's all I have at the moment.

I am thinking, if the father comes to the airport and my son cannot board, I will wait till he turns 18. We would have to redo the medical, but i would have 3 days leeway between his 18th birthday and the expiration of his visa for him to come over to US.

Any thoughts...?

Our Love Journey

1992 = First time we met in the Philippines

2008 = Got connected again thru FS

March 2009 = Saw each other again after 17 yrs. (Philippines) (Two old friends meet again ,wearin' older faces talk about the places they've been... sing )

September 2009 = Engaged / Proposed in person (Philippines)

USCIS

Nov 30, 2010 = Sent I-129F

Dec 02, 2011 = USCIS received

Dec 06, 2011 = NOA

Dec 09,2011 = Touched

May 06, 2011 =NOA2

DOS

May 16 = NVC rceived

May 17 = NVC left

May 20 = USEM received (tracked thru DHL)

May 24 = Jap PC applied ( 7 weeks )

June 1 = Case entered to USEM system

June 21-23 = SLMEC/Passed

July 8 = Interview / Approved

July 13 = Jap PC picked up / sent to USEM (07/15 = Jap PC delivered to USEM) ( 07/29 = Visa printed )

Timeline

I just may add ,yes there is no divorce here but you can file recognition of foreign divorce .

Now this is something new to me..Thank you so much for this information.

Will keep you posted on what happened...BTW, when is your interview?

Ooops, I just saw you have yours July 8...

Edited by ezzie

Timeline

You're welcome,mine is already recognized here and it took me 10 months to finalized in court plus a month NSO processing.

You first hehehe... yours is on july 1 ryt? in my case i don't know whereabouts of my ex .

Now this is something new to me..Thank you so much for this information.

Will keep you posted on what happened...BTW, when is your interview?

Ooops, I just saw you have yours July 8...

Our Love Journey

1992 = First time we met in the Philippines

2008 = Got connected again thru FS

March 2009 = Saw each other again after 17 yrs. (Philippines) (Two old friends meet again ,wearin' older faces talk about the places they've been... sing )

September 2009 = Engaged / Proposed in person (Philippines)

USCIS

Nov 30, 2010 = Sent I-129F

Dec 02, 2011 = USCIS received

Dec 06, 2011 = NOA

Dec 09,2011 = Touched

May 06, 2011 =NOA2

DOS

May 16 = NVC rceived

May 17 = NVC left

May 20 = USEM received (tracked thru DHL)

May 24 = Jap PC applied ( 7 weeks )

June 1 = Case entered to USEM system

June 21-23 = SLMEC/Passed

July 8 = Interview / Approved

July 13 = Jap PC picked up / sent to USEM (07/15 = Jap PC delivered to USEM) ( 07/29 = Visa printed )

Timeline

You're welcome,mine is already recognized here and it took me 10 months to finalized in court plus a month NSO processing.

You first hehehe... yours is on july 1 ryt? in my case i don't know whereabouts of my ex .

Lucky you, you have finality...

OT: Hey, I like your "love journey"..made me sing... :D

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Ezzie,

You do realize that if you ever return to the Philippines you're in a bad spot, right?

You can't get your divorced recognized because the marriage was between two Filipino citizens in the Philippines. You need an Annulment and even then the Philippines won't recognize your current marriage. Of course this isn't a problem for you in the US but if you ever return to the Philippines before you naturalize it can cause problems for you there.

For example there was just an episode of Locked-up Abroad where a Philippine woman was arrested for adultery because she was pregnant by her British boyfriend and her abusive Ex (but still legally married) husband found out.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ezzie,

You do realize that if you ever return to the Philippines you're in a bad spot, right?

You can't get your divorced recognized because the marriage was between two Filipino citizens in the Philippines. You need an Annulment and even then the Philippines won't recognize your current marriage. Of course this isn't a problem for you in the US but if you ever return to the Philippines before you naturalize it can cause problems for you there.

For example there was just an episode of Locked-up Abroad where a Philippine woman was arrested for adultery because she was pregnant by her British boyfriend and her abusive Ex (but still legally married) husband found out.

For as long as the courtship and marriage didnt happen in the Philippines or any place considered Philippine territory and you dont cohabit as husband and wife in the Philippines or Philippine territory no husband can sue his wife for bigamy and vice versa. I had to consult a lawyer before going home to the Philippines to make sure that I wouldnt be facing this charge. This was what my lawyer told me because of the territoriality component of criminal law in the Philippines.

I am now back in the US after a long Philippine vacation. :)

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.