dap

Kids Visits

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Once we get married, how long before his kids can start visiting. We dont want to include them on the petition because they will not be living with us.

As soon as they can obtain a visa to enter the country or whatever they need to enter the country.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You need to mention them on the paperwork, even if they won't be getting visas.

There is no waiting period for them to visit, but they must get tourist visas in order to do so, which may be difficult (they must show ties to their home country, and a dad in the USA makes that more difficult). Might be worth trying to get them visas now, before your fiance arrives- tourist visas are usually ten year and multiple entry.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You need to list the kids on the petition, whether or not they will be living with you - it asks you to list all children - it does not ask if they will be immigrating.

And, visitor's visas from JA are hit or miss.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You need to list the kids on the petition, whether or not they will be living with you - it asks you to list all children - it does not ask if they will be immigrating.

And, visitor's visas from JA are hit or miss.

Sus:

Lately they have more miss, so I suggest you put them on visa as well.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I will tell him to do so. No they do not have visa visitors because there was no reason for them to be in the USA. Most of his family is in jamaica or UK.

I will have to look into the tourist visa for his kids.

Thank you.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I will tell him to do so. No they do not have visa visitors because there was no reason for them to be in the USA. Most of his family is in jamaica or UK.

I will have to look into the tourist visa for his kids.

Thank you.

Your marriage is going to INVOLVE children, whether they live here or not. I will say some things and do not want you to take them wrong, just for what they are, the truth. You need to consider the children in this matter and waht they will need to go through to visit. If they plan not move here then you should know what is involved for them to visit and how difficult or easy that is (I have no idea the visitor visa situation in Jamaica, but YOU should)It needs to be part of the decision. If this man moves here and later finds out his children cannot visit or it is very difficult, he will (if he is any kind of man) be very upset and it WILL lead to problems.

You MUST have a way to maintain that very important connection, if it is not by them visiting here, then you need to be prepared to have him visit there several times per year or whatever you agree to. With a blended family, you cannot have one parent keeping the other parent from the children and that is how it will be viewed if it happens. Poison! Pure poison!

We have the problem of a MIL in Ukraine and we need to visit her because she would have a difficult time to visit here. She NEEDS to see her grandchildren and her daughter and her adult daughter needs to see and "check on" her more and more elderly mother. Alla can leave today for Ukraine if needed, I made her that promise and she could. We maintain the resources to do so in a moments notice, it is NECESSARY. (Imagine if one of his children is injured and he has to leave to go to them) We also need to visit our other, adult, sons and grandchildren who live elsewhere here in the US. So our vacation time is used for going to Ukraine or going to visit our sons halfway across the country. And that is the way it will be for a while. It looks more now like my MIL may be coming here after Alla is a citizen next year. She will get to the point that she cannot be alone.

So just be sure to make this a priority in your planning. Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.