Ravens

Interview Questions from previous post

8 posts in this topic

Not too long ago a person asked what were the questions that would be asked to him during their interview.

This person has already gone through an interview and apparently denied.

While I know many here want to help I think sometimes the help goes too far. While you may have helped one, you possibly hurt many others in the process.

I read this person's story like everone else. I felt for them.

My opinion changed somewhat after the "Questions" topic started.

This person was denied by the CO for a reason.

While they can write what ever they wish on this forum, no one knows why the CO denied. but the CO felt they had good reason to do so.

My wife will have her interview shortly. The only preperations we have made for the interview is to make sure she had all paperwork.

No where did we ever make plans to go over answers for "Questions".

We know each other. We are married. Neither of us is worried about any questions.

I felt this person came here more or less asking for a cheat sheet. They needed the questions so that they could study for the answers.

My wife does not have to study.

I am not going to say for fact this is what the person is going to do. However if they knew their spouse they would not need to know such information in advance.

My simple point in all this is.

Fraud cases is one of the reasons why this process is hard and long. If we removed the fraud cases the process would be faster and easier for the real couples.

If the person mentioned above has a real relationship then the questions should be no problem. However do the rest of us truly want to leave a road map for the fraud cases??

Giving this type of information as I said above will only hurt many others in the long run.

Real couples do not need this information in advance nor need to study ahead of time. Lets not help those who made this process difficult and long for the rest of us.

Edited by Ravens

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Not too long ago a person asked what were the questions that would be asked to him during their interview.

This person has already gone through an interview and apparently denied.

While I know many here want to help I think sometimes the help goes too far. While you may have helped one, you possibly hurt many others in the process.

I read this person's story like everone else. I felt for them.

My opinion changed somewhat after the "Questions" topic started.

This person was denied by the CO for a reason.

While they can write what ever they wish on this forum, no one knows why the CO denied. but the CO felt they had good reason to do so.

My wife will have her interview shortly. The only preperations we have made for the interview is to make sure she had all paperwork.

No where did we ever make plans to go over answers for "Questions".

We know each other. We are married. Neither of us is worried about any questions.

I felt this person came here more or less asking for a cheat sheet. They needed the questions so that they could study for the answers.

My wife does not have to study.

I am not going to say for fact this is what the person is going to do. However if they knew their spouse they would not need to know such information in advance.

My simple point in all this is.

Fraud cases is one of the reasons why this process is hard and long. If we removed the fraud cases the process would be faster and easier for the real couples.

If the person mentioned above has a real relationship then the questions should be no problem. However do the rest of us truly want to leave a road map for the fraud cases??

Giving this type of information as I said above will only hurt many others in the long run.

Real couples do not need this information in advance nor need to study ahead of time. Lets not help those who made this process difficult and long for the rest of us.

I can see your point...

I think people post their experiences in order to help others know what to expect,rather than help someone rehearse their deception.

My husband and I have a real relationship and lived together in my country before marrying. We know each other well. We've never been interviewed (apart from my K1) but if we had to prepare, I'd like to know what to expect. I would not consider this "Studying"

I just looked through the example interview questions provided http://www.visajourney.com/content/exampleq#aos and they are clearly questions designed to see that a couple actually share a life together. However, I can see my husband getting a few wrong :D (ie. Spouses favourite food...mine changes quite often!). Questions like "How does your spouse take their coffee? Did they drink coffee this morning? "Did they shower this morning?", "Who went to bed first last night?", "What TV shows did you watch last night?".... questions about the mundane details of your married life together :)

I can see your point...remember no-one here advocates visa fraud. But you cannot 'remove' fraud cases and it is certainly not VJ's job to restrict information from those of us who are interested, just in case it is used by a person trying to commit visa fraud.

:)

Edited by Helen Louise Pile

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My then fiance and I had no idea what the CO was going to ask us. We had lived in a "Union Libre" for a long time, yet when we were interviewed, it was clear that at times we gave contradictory answers. What was very clear is that during the interview, all three kids were with us, and, by the way, they were clinging to us, literally hanging on both of our legs. The CO obviously could see that we were the real McCoy. I did not get her favorite color right. We disagreed about the last time that we argued, and I thought the name of her favorite actor is Nicholas Cage. I still do not know everything about my wife. I learn new things everyday. As for the interview, we were prepared for anything, but one thing was always certain. We told the truth. Truth is everything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OP

I see your point but I'm an advocate of being prepared.

Having a long distance is not the same as seeing each other every day so couples can't know each other as well.

I do appreciate your perspective.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Knowledge is key and w/o VJ, many couples who have a bonafide relationship would be denied. I think this forum is great. I agree, that it can provide info for many to engage in fraud but I think most will be caught out there in their deception by the consular office. As the above member stated, having a long distant relationship is very different from those who see their significant other daily. If this forum and the members didn't post their questions/ experiences, many of us on here would not have been approved.

Even during our interview, the 2nd CO asked my wife, how did she know to bring all of the evidnece which we had and she told him, my husband. I tracked this site daily, enough to not run into any pitfalls/obstacles that could have been avoided. I was well prepared for it. Financing my relationship from the states to Africa was an expensive one and a denial was not one that I was going to allow into the equation. I was even able to get into the embassy when the embassy and the country portal stated it wouldn't be possible unless requested by them..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

As the above member stated, having a long distant relationship is very different from those who see their significant other daily.

Remember, some people here never had a long distance relationship. My husband and I never had one. But we still would get questions wrong in an interview :) Perhaps the sign of a real relationship is that you would disagree on some questions, rather than get everything right.

Richard: We would probably disagree on colour and actors too. Who discusses favourite colour or favourite actor with only one definitive answer??? I have many.

I wonder how my husband and I would do in an interview now...I guess I will find out when it comes time to file ROC. Fun.

:)

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

it's hard to know everything about someone that you can't live with unfortunately. Honesty is the best way to go i stayed with my husband for a couple months and we see each other about 2 times a month ive seen questions that they can ask you i could answer about 90% of them only bc weve spent time together and we talk on the phone everyday. we try to stay in contact as much as possible most;y bc of our 6 month old son. i hope this is all over soon so we can be a proper family.

Even during our interview, the 2nd CO asked my wife, how did she know to bring all of the evidnece which we had and she told him, my husband. I tracked this site daily, enough to not run into any pitfalls/obstacles that could have been avoided. I was well prepared for it. Financing my relationship from the states to Africa was an expensive one and a denial was not one that I was going to allow into the equation. I was even able to get into the embassy when the embassy and the country portal stated it wouldn't be possible unless requested by them..

That's exactly how I feel. I have invested too much time, money, energy, and emotions into my relationship to show up to our interview unprepared and end up denied. I started reading this site and another long before I petitioned. Had I not done so, I would never have known that if I don't show up to that interview it's an automatic denial. After reading, I realized the Dominican Republic is high fraud and we were going to have to work to make sure we had strong evidence.

I agree things are different when there's distance involved and also a difference in culture. It's a little harder to learn everything about someone when your time is limited to the minutes left on a calling card or limited to just a few days/weeks of a single visit. My husband and I know things about each other, but I'm still making him a "cheat sheet" because he mixes things up sometimes or he only remembers part of something. Also, he's not familiar with a lot of things here. For instance, I could mention the name of the university I graduated from to anyone on the streets here and they'd know exactly what state and city it's in and could talk for hours about the surrounding area, sports teams, etc. Things like that aren't going to come that naturally to someone who's never been/lived here. My husband remembers the state and both my majors, but he forgot the city. It's come up in conversation before, but it's not something we talked about in depth for him to really know a ton about it. It's possible that the question of where I went to school and what I studied might come up at the interview, so with the "cheat sheet" I'm making sure he doesn't forget the city this time.

~~~~USCIS~~~~
02-12-11 -- Mailed CR1 Petition (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
02-14-11 -- Petition delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
02-16-11 -- NOA1 Text/E-mail
02-22-11 -- I-797C received in the mail
05-24-11 -- NOA2 E-mail (no text, no RFE)
05-28-11 -- I-797C received in the mail

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-07-11 -- Case entered into system
06-08-11 -- Received e-mails with DS-3032 and AOS
06-09-11 -- E-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee
06-10-11 -- AOS status: PAID
06-14-11 -- Mailed AOS package (USPS First-Class Mail)
06-15-11 -- DS-3032 e-mail accepted by NVC and IV bill generated
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
06-17-11 -- NVC withdrew money for IV bill from my account
06-23-11 -- IV status: PAID
06-24-11 -- Mailed IV package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
06-27-11 -- IV package delivered
07-11-11 -- Final Review
07-12-11 -- CASE COMPLETE
08-03-11 -- E-Mail received about interview date
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

~~~~Removal of Conditions~~~~

08-02-13 -- ROC window opens

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-09-13 -- Package delivered (Delayed at Post Office)
08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
08-24-13 -- Received biometrics letter for September 10
08-26-13 -- Early walk-in for biometrics
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.