adam2507

Affidavit of Support I864

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I sent the AOS I864 10 days ago and it shows on usps.com that package was received on june 7th, whenever i call ask if they received they say not yet and allow 20 business day, does it take that long, do they send you an email confirmation ,, do they let you know if it is approved or not?

Thank you all,,,

best website for advices

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I sent the AOS I864 10 days ago and it shows on usps.com that package was received on june 7th, whenever i call ask if they received they say not yet and allow 20 business day, does it take that long, do they send you an email confirmation ,, do they let you know if it is approved or not?

Thank you all,,,

best website for advices

Hey trust me i understand your confusion I also sent mine more then business days ago and they keep telling me until its been reviewed they will not be able to see it or not but Ups also told me that NVC signed for it. SO i guess we just need to keep calling everyday until we get some type of news on the papers and also did you send both packets at the same time? AOS and ds230? I sent both at the same time and i had two different signatures but same date.

USCIS

04/19/2011 - NOA1

05/09/2011 - NOA2 text message and email received

05/17/2011 - Case received at NVC

05/20/2011 - Received NOA2 approval letter in USPS mail.

NVC

05/17/2011 - NVC Receive (No case number assigned yet)

05/18/2011 - NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN number / Gave Emails

05/18/2011 - DS-3032 Sent to NVC (via email)

05/19/2011 - DS-3032 Accepted by NVC, AOS Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - AOS Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - AOS Fee - PAID

05/19/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee - Paid

06/02/2011 - DS-230 Packet Sent

06/02/2011 - AOS I-864 Sent

05/03/2011 - All the Paperwork Received at NVC

07/19/2011 - Sign in Failed (SIF)

07/19/2011 - NVC Case Complete!!!!

(16 weeks from NVC case closed to Interview date assigned 11/02/2011)

12/13/2011 - Interview date!!!!

11/21/2011 - Medical DONE

12/13/2011 - Interview done APPROVED!!!!

12/21/2011 - Entry to US JFK!!!!

California Service Center

Consulate : Haiti

Timeline

Hey trust me i understand your confusion I also sent mine more then business days ago and they keep telling me until its been reviewed they will not be able to see it or not but Ups also told me that NVC signed for it. SO i guess we just need to keep calling everyday until we get some type of news on the papers and also did you send both packets at the same time? AOS and ds230? I sent both at the same time and i had two different signatures but same date.

no i just sent AOS, did not send the ds230 packet yet, waiting for some translation of some documents, so do they actually tell you if you are approved for the AOS or not?

Timeline

no i just sent AOS, did not send the ds230 packet yet, waiting for some translation of some documents, so do they actually tell you if you are approved for the AOS or not?

anyone? any answers? mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thank you all,,,

best website for advices

Like another poster said, operators won't know your case has arrived at NVC until an officer starts reviewing. Yes, your package was received in the mail room, but hasn't been scanned yet into the system. Usually it takes 2 weeks from the package arriving at NVC for them to review.

And no, you won't get any email confirmation that your AOS has been approved. Just keep calling NVC and talk with an operator. That's the only way you'll know your package was approved. Same thing with the IV package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.