LebaneseMama

Case Completion and Interview

Completion of Case and Interview  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How long between Completion of Case and Interview ?

• Less than 1 month
    • 1 -2 months
    • 2-3 months
    • 3- 4 months
    • 4- 6 months
    • 6 months or more

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I have reallybeen having a hard time waiting and waiting for the interview ... so I just want to see if what is happening to me is normal or not. Thanks for your help

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You sound like me I have a count down going and bug the NVC often. And making sure I keep congressman involved so the dont forget im waiting. Im just being impatient its been way to long since we seen eachother last and it will be over 2 yrs by the time we finally do see eachother again. LebaneseBride dont worry you will get a interview date eventually try not to worry so much!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi ..

i got 3 months To interview me ... but this is not hard beside how hard i got in my Case and how many mistakes i got . but so far i got my Visa, thanx god and i am with my wife now .. but !!! still waiting for my

i-130. to get Approved . but not Yet .. i have been in this case about 2 Years and it not get Approved Yet

Notice. i came By K3 Visa.

so dont worry u will got it just calm down. and dont be nervous it's not good for ur interview. Good Luck :thumbs:

BeLaL

May I ask this:

The automated voice reply says "please allow eight weeks.... and if it has been eight weeks since.... press 0." I am a few weeks short of my eighth week, and I'm wondering what do they say if it has gone beyond the eighth week? Will it be another eight weeks more (oh no!!)?

TIMELINE (Married 9 yrs)

Aug 18, 2005 - Mailed I-130 (wife & kids') to VSC

Aug 29, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-130's received

Sep 13, 2005 - I-130's approved, petition forwarded to NVC

Oct 10, 2005 - I-864 Bill received by agent

Oct 12, 2005 - Paid I-864 Bill by Postal Money Order-$70 for whole family

Dec 17, 2005- checklist for I-864 received, reply sent back & entered into system on Dec 22.

Oct 20, 2005 - Alien spouse received DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) documents

Oct 24,2005 - DS-3032 sent to NVC (fr Phils)

Nov 17, 2005 - IV Fee Bill paid by Money Order & sent

Jan 3, 2006 - Mailed DS-230 to NVC

Jan 4, 2006 - DS-230 entered into system

Jan 12, 2006 - CASE COMPLETED, and still waiting!!!

Aug 3, 2006- schedule of interview at US Embassy-Manila. Won't be showing up.

K3/K4

Aug 30, 2005 - Mailed I-129F to Chicago(wife's)

Sep 10, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-129F

Oct 19, 2005 - I-129F Approved (email notice), received mail Oct. 28

Nov 2, 2005- Received K3 approval notice

Mar 24, 2006 - K3 interview

Apr 4, 2006 - Visas in hand

May 8, 2006 - arrived in America

AOS

August 2006 - mailed I-485 forms

September 2006 - Biometrics done

December 2006 - Interview; Green Card received by mail a week later

2007: Applied for kids' certificate of citizenship, got the certificates in June & passports in August 2007

I don't have an interview date but, I received my DS2001 - which is the checklist and notice of readiness for interview. I am going to send them back this form ones I got the result of my Medical examination and got my other 2 vaccination.

I guess, it depends on how fast and efficient your embassy.

:) JR

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I case completed and it was 6 months to get an interview. It is not easy waiting and I know each embassy is different. I know of another CR1 and it has been longer than 6 months. Good luck.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

hey there, Lebanesebride!

I, together with all the peeps here completely understand your situation on how frustrating it could be waiting..and waiting for the darn interview date. My case was completed on Dec. 9, 2005 and we are still waiting upto now if we could get an interview sched for April. So far, my husband's state congressman emailed the NVC to know whats up and possibly to assist us in giving a schedule asap(my husband is in the military and will be deploying).

So I suggest to have your husband do the same and PRAY help would come along. I just find it ironic how easy and fast the USCIS and NVC finished off our case ONLY to be stucked to wait for the last step, which is the interview. Good luck to you and to all those who are waiting for their schedules. My husband and I are doing what we can do (like the congressman and his military superiors assisting us), but in the end, it is still God's will that will prevail. So just keep on praying, guys!

oh by the way, CR1/IR1 visas usually takes 1 year-2years . I have some friends who waited for a year before they completed everything(from submission of peition till interview date).

07.05.05 - Submitted form I-130 at USCIS in Germany

12.09.05 - CASE COMPLETED

March 27, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!

PUT On AR (Cenomar thing!)

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

April 28, 2006 - VISA DELIVERED!!!

May 7 - FLY TO THE US! YEHEY!

Timeline

:(

I, together with all the peeps here completely understand your situation on how frustrating it could be waiting..and waiting for the darn interview date. My case was completed on Dec. 9, 2005 and we are still waiting upto now if we could get an interview sched for April. So far, my husband's state congressman emailed the NVC to know whats up and possibly to assist us in giving a schedule asap(my husband is in the military and will be deploying).

So I suggest to have your husband do the same and PRAY help would come along. I just find it ironic how easy and fast the USCIS and NVC finished off our case ONLY to be stucked to wait for the last step, which is the interview. Good luck to you and to all those who are waiting for their schedules. My husband and I are doing what we can do (like the congressman and his military superiors assisting us), but in the end, it is still God's will that will prevail. So just keep on praying, guys!

oh by the way, CR1/IR1 visas usually takes 1 year-2years . I have some friends who waited for a year before they completed everything(from submission of peition till interview date).

On March 23rd it will be two years for us :( I'm thinking of contacting my congressmen to see if he can help.

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

591088.png

Call a congressman now and have your husband pull some strings also. At this rate, you really need assistance. Goodluck you!

07.05.05 - Submitted form I-130 at USCIS in Germany

12.09.05 - CASE COMPLETED

March 27, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!

PUT On AR (Cenomar thing!)

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

April 28, 2006 - VISA DELIVERED!!!

May 7 - FLY TO THE US! YEHEY!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:(

On March 23rd it will be two years for us :( I'm thinking of contacting my congressmen to see if he can help.

You have to be kidding you have waited two years for a interview? And you havent done anything yet?? I hope this dont sound rude but why did you wait two years to do anything? This is just uncalled for by any consular that is way to long to wait for interview date!

Timeline

NO NO NO !!! jennieh ... LOL ! Our case was complete September 17th, 2005 ! March 23rd will be tow years since our case was first opened I guess you say. Just look at my siggy. It has been almost 6 months waiting for an interview.

591088.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.