9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I hope to send my I-130 package on Monday, but have a few questions.

-From the guide page I see that personal checks are now accepted (hence not a MO)...I just want to confirm if this is still current info before making out a regular check from my checking account.

-I have the following in my package (am I missing anything?):

Cover Letter (listing/explaining contents)...

• I-130

• Marriage Certificate (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

• G-325A; birth certificate; passport style photo (Petitioner)

• G-325A; birth certificate; passport style photo (Beneficiary)

• G-1145

• Proof of an ongoing relationship (a few pics; tel and e-mail records; a joint credit card statement; flight/trip docs; mailed post cards)

-I am currently not earning above the poverty level (working part time as just finished a degree program); however, will either be working full time soon or have a willing joint sponsor. I presume that this is irrelevant at this stage, yet can this create problems at the next stage? To clarify, I mean that although I'll be able to meet above the poverty level by the next phase of the process will having applied in the beginning not meeting this requirement be a problem?

~Note that this is for the IR1 Visa...my husband and I have been married for over two years

I thank you in advance for your help,

Liz

Edited by Liz09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

photocopy only -> Marriage Certificate (Petitioner and Beneficiary

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

the personal check is good, to us department of homeland security. put your name, address, phone number,and your alien registion number, date , be sure it's made out correctly use a paper clip it to the 1-130, and make copies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

the personal check is good, to us department of homeland security. put your name, address, phone number,and your alien registion number, date , be sure it's made out correctly use a paper clip it to the 1-130, and make copies.

Why would you put a name, address, phone number etc on your check and I wonder where :wacko: ?

I've just sent regular check payable to US Department of Homeland security and got my NOA1 already.

And there's need to put you A# (it's required for citizenship process) as well.

to Liz09: birth certificate is not required for beneficiary at USCIS stage. "Read I130 instructions" - per Darnell :D .

Edited by nickky

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

-I am currently not earning above the poverty level (working part time as just finished a degree program); however, will either be working full time soon or have a willing joint sponsor. I presume that this is irrelevant at this stage, yet can this create problems at the next stage? To clarify, I mean that although I'll be able to meet above the poverty level by the next phase of the process will having applied in the beginning not meeting this requirement be a problem?

You have to be at or above 125% of the poverty level in order to sponsor, otherwise, a joint sponsor will be necessary. These are the current poverty guidelines.

It's only an issue when the NVC requests the I-864 from you and you subsequently file it. The level you were at before (such as the date when you filed the petition) is not relevant.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Thanks Darnell, jkelly07, nickky, Ryan H for taking the time to reply.

-Darnell, yes I am only sending copies of docs...though of course original signed forms.

-Nickky, the instructions do indicate to send a birth certificate or copy of passport pages in order to establish the petitioner's citizenship, or proof of PR status if applicable. I am a USC.

-Ryan H, I thought my income at this stage would not be a problem...thanks a bunch for reassuring me that this won't be a problem later either.

Timeline

-Nickky, the instructions do indicate to send a birth certificate or copy of passport pages in order to establish the petitioner's citizenship, or proof of PR status if applicable. I am a USC.

Hm, where's here beneficiary's birth certificate :unsure: ?

And I was telling you about beneficiary's one B-).

Good luck to you :thumbs: in your visa journey!

Edited by nickky

Timeline

Nickky, the petitioner has to send in a birth certificate to prove they are a US citizen with the I130. The beneficiary does NOT have to send one until the NVC stage with the DS230/DS260. Please stop giving out wrong information.

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Timeline

Nickky, the petitioner has to send in a birth certificate to prove they are a US citizen with the I130. The beneficiary does NOT have to send one until the NVC stage with the DS230/DS260. Please stop giving out wrong information.

Excuse me, I think you're not reading carefully what I've posted. And I'm not giving the wrong info. You've said exactly what I did in my above post. Look here: "to Liz09: birth certificate is not required for beneficiary at USCIS stage".

And here what you say: "The beneficiary does NOT have to send one until the NVC stage with the DS230/DS260"

Isn't that the same?

I was only talking about beneficiary's BC and not petitioner's one.

And, I think, you are not giving the complete info on petitioner's BC for USC. IF the USC is naturalized what BC are you talking about?

BC for USC only applies in case if the USC is originally born in the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.