Chris Hu

New Member I just Received NOA2!! Questions!

235 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

coupla notes about 'papers'

1. usually can pay for expedite fee on passport.

2. usually can pay for expedite fee for police report

3. you have other white books, already, yes? birth certificate, marrriage certificate? Only need scans at this point.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

coupla notes about 'papers'

1. usually can pay for expedite fee on passport.

2. usually can pay for expedite fee for police report

3. you have other white books, already, yes? birth certificate, marrriage certificate? Only need scans at this point.

As for 1 and 2, "usually" is correct. A friend recently married in Nanning though and expedited service was unavailable. The friend is a government worker and knows the system but has no inside contact. Fortunately a member of our extended family is a senior Gong Zheng Chu official in the province, so we could help. I was surprised at the difficulty. It seemed to be a recent development, hopefully localized.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Just Got reply from NVC said allow them up to 20 days to add my attachment files to my casefile and reviewed. I would send in DS-230 when I got all the documents I need. Thanks for review my case and information u guys provide!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am wondering what language the VO speak when they interview my wife...My wife's English is worse than me...

They will do interviews in Mandarin or English. I think they can also do it in Cantonese. The only concern if they do the interview in Chinese is whether you can speak Chinese as well. If you were born in China, this is not an issue. If you are American of European descent, you will need to be prepared to address this.

Timeline

They will do interviews in Mandarin or English. I think they can also do it in Cantonese. The only concern if they do the interview in Chinese is whether you can speak Chinese as well. If you were born in China, this is not an issue. If you are American of European descent, you will need to be prepared to address this.

In General, all spouse or fiancee visa applicants need to be prepared to describe how the couple is able to communicate but there's no magic formula that is required. In our case and many more, most communication required aids like software or hand held translators for anything much more complicated than small talk. My wife was asked in Mandarin, if she spoke English, to which she answered, "A little." and then was asked if I spoke Mandarine, "A little". Then the interview proceeded to other issues. Others are much more difficult and some the question is never asked.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Since the time of Push's lass's interview,

'how to communicate'

has been a suggested topic in an Evolution of Relationship letter.

That's been a long time, unsure if he knows much about EOR, or not.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Since the time of Push's lass's interview,

'how to communicate'

has been a suggested topic in an Evolution of Relationship letter.

That's been a long time, unsure if he knows much about EOR, or not.

Note, I made no recommendation. (But I guess I can't spell Mandarin) headbonk.gif Of course I know ALL about evolution of relationship letters but we may or may not agree on whether and under what circumstances to recommend them. I'm just saying that preparation to answer the question directly is important. No need to scare anybody into thinking they'll necessarily get grilled over it. The experiences vary widely.

My wife's interview report is hardly the most recent in my experience. What you been smoking lately, Darnell?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Hi Darnell:

Finally I gather all the needed documents and just sent the Email to NVC. I didn't wait for the response from NVC about the I-864 FORM. And I already sent them the ds-230 form.

Is that gonna be OK>?? Wondering...

Timeline

you'll be ok as long as you included the barcoded coversheets with each set.

for the IV/DS-230 set, you'll see the coversheet available for download after the fee is marked paid.

with all fees paid, is safe to send in all, the coversheets contain the instructions, ignore any postal mailing instructions, they don't apply for GZO casefiles - yer emailing instead.

Getting closer ! wa wa wa

Timeline

Hey Chris - any news?

Timeline

Hi Darnell:

Week ago I got the checklist letter from NVC. They said I didnt fill out Part 25 of I-864 form for the Joint sponsor. This is my mistake. I should complete check the form before I send in. Then I re-do my I-864 form and sent it back the very next day. And I got conformation from NVC about they got all my doucments with DS-230, NEW I-864. Right now I am waiting for the News. I hope that's the only problem I have about the incomplete information.

I am still waiting for the news.

I have a questions. How long does that take for fulfill the missing information back to NVC till the case complete?

zzzzzzzzzzzzz The email said always take 20 days....zzz

Timeline

1 to 2 weeks, on an EP case.

You CAN call NVC, ask for a supervisor,

then ask the supervisor to request an eyeball review on the new stuff that you've sent in.

The supervisor can't do this review, but can request it. Sometimes this speeds things along.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. One very important questions is about I-864 because I dont have enough income to support my wife. I am going to use the Joint Supporter.

So what's the different and change or Notice I should care when I use Eletronic Processing??

And what should I know if I am using the Joint Supporter...??

http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/01/904912.html?ne=1∋=1&sort=1&writer=lilihe, 这个链接是中文的关于如果进行电子程序的帖子,希望对你有帮助

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/01/904912.html?ne=1∋=1&sort=1&writer=lilihe, 这个链接是中文的关于如果进行电子程序的帖子,希望对你有帮助

Double check all information you get off this site. Not all of it is up to date or accurate.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.