Shelley and Danor

Do all signatures for a K-1 petition packet have to be signed within a certain time of each other?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi,

I got it in my head that all signatures on the forms in the K-1 petition including my signature, my fiances signature, and my co-sponsers signature needed to be within 10 days of each other when I send the package it. However, upon trying to find this information I don't see anything written about this. Is anyone familiar with this, or did I possibly make this up in my confusion with this process? My fiance originally signed most papers in 2009, (when we last saw one another), but I will just be sending in the packet in June or July or 2011. I thought there might be too much of a disparity between the dates he originally filled out the paperwork and when my co-sponsor and I will sign our papers. I had planned on having my fiance re-doing these papers just to have a more recent date. Then I thought I read this rule regarding all signatures being within 10 days of one another. Can anyone answer these two questions?

Many thanks...

No they don't

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi,

I got it in my head that all signatures on the forms in the K-1 petition including my signature, my fiances signature, and my co-sponsers signature needed to be within 10 days of each other when I send the package it. However, upon trying to find this information I don't see anything written about this. Is anyone familiar with this, or did I possibly make this up in my confusion with this process? My fiance originally signed most papers in 2009, (when we last saw one another), but I will just be sending in the packet in June or July or 2011. I thought there might be too much of a disparity between the dates he originally filled out the paperwork and when my co-sponsor and I will sign our papers. I had planned on having my fiance re-doing these papers just to have a more recent date. Then I thought I read this rule regarding all signatures being within 10 days of one another. Can anyone answer these two questions?

Many thanks...

As was said, no they don't, but be careful that you don't go over the two year mark as you mentioned most were signed in 2009 and it was when you last saw each other.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Never heard of a 10-day rule and not sure (if there was such a thing) what that would accomplish and/or how enforceable or even reasonable it would be.

but... 2009 was a long time ago.

p.s.

When in 2009 did were you two together? (Hopefully some time after June/July 2009)

Timeline

Never heard of a 10-day rule and not sure (if there was such a thing) what that would accomplish and/or how enforceable or even reasonable it would be.

but... 2009 was a long time ago.

p.s.

When in 2009 did were you two together? (Hopefully some time after June/July 2009)

My last entry date into Algeria was in mid July of 2009, my last exit date was in mid August of 2009. Do you think I should have my fiance re-do these papers with a current date?

Timeline

I'm wondering if the signatures need to be within 2 years of when i sign my parts of the petition, or within 2 years of when the NOA1 is sent out?

The last physical meeting has to be within the last two years of filing the I-129F. The only thing I am not 100% sure of is what is considered 'filed' by USCIS. Is it the date of postmark like the IRS uses (don't think so in this case), date of physical receipt at USCIS, date of acceptance by USCIS or the date on the Notice of Action I-797C (NOA1)? Someone else will know this.

Everything other than postmark date is out of your hands so give it plenty of time.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

My last entry date into Algeria was in mid July of 2009, my last exit date was in mid August of 2009. Do you think I should have my fiance re-do these papers with a current date?

Something I just thought of... The age of the signatures shouldn't be a problem but the age of the forms could be. USCIS expires and updates forms all the time. Some forms are acceptable in previous versions, some are not. Check the expiration and the cutoff date for acceptance of that version on the USCIS website.

You may need him to send new ones.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

The last physical meeting has to be within the last two years of filing the I-129F. The only thing I am not 100% sure of is what is considered 'filed' by USCIS. Is it the date of postmark like the IRS uses (don't think so in this case), date of physical receipt at USCIS, date of acceptance by USCIS or the date on the Notice of Action I-797C (NOA1)? Someone else will know this.

Everything other than postmark date is out of your hands so give it plenty of time.

I asked this same part of the question and was told it's the NOA1

May I ask which 'papers'(exactly) your are referring to?

I see - I'd (personally) redo the forms/letter-of-intent etc - not just because of the signature/dates but the information may have changed/updated - the forms may have changed etc.

The only thing (it sounds like) that hasn't changed for sure is you guys meeting in person. The rest could quite possibly have (employment, addresses, forms, etc).

OK. Thank you all so much! It's so much help!

Just to follow up (and because you're in a bit of a time-crunch) - the things that need to be signed by the foreign fiance/beneficiary that come to mind are the G-325A and a letter of intent. (Double check everything against our K-1 Guide though.)

The letter of intent could easily be signed and faxed (or scanned and emailed) to the US Citizen/Petitioner and the G-325A signature can be left unsigned; to be signed at the Consulate/Embassy (many folks write in "to be signed at interview" or similar, on this form).

Timeline

Just to follow up (and because you're in a bit of a time-crunch) - the things that need to be signed by the foreign fiance/beneficiary that come to mind are the G-325A and a letter of intent. (Double check everything against our K-1 Guide though.)

The letter of intent could easily be signed and faxed (or scanned and emailed) to the US Citizen/Petitioner and the G-325A signature can be left unsigned; to be signed at the Consulate/Embassy (many folks write in "to be signed at interview" or similar, on this form).

Thanks Otto-yes I am in a time crunch and really stressed out! lol You all here make it better though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.