joja201105

NOA1 receipt NO. not recognized by USCIS.GOV system

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all --

We were wondering if it is just us or that if any of you have been in the same situation. We got our NOA1 on May 04. We tried checking our case stutas with the tracking number on our NOA1, but the system says 'case not found'. We called and they said they were having some computer problem, which doesn't make much sense. Do you guys know what really happened as it looks like other people who got their NOA1 in May are all able to check their case status????

Anyone has been in the same situation before? How long did it take for you to be able to check your case status on USCIS.GOV website finally???

Thank you!!

I was able to check our status right after we received our NOA1 receipt number. Although there are some (actually many) who cant check their status not until their NOA2 is approved. Dont worry, just try checking it next week, if nothing happens then try to call USCIS again.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

I wouldn't worry about it too much. We weren't able to check our online status until quite a few weeks after our NOA1. To be honest, it's not particularly useful anyway - it never noted when or if our case was "touched" and it only updated to "post-decision activity" weeks after we received our NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

This seems to come up quite often that cases either dont show up at all or as has been said stay in 'initial review' indefinitely so by all means check back with them in a week or so but it doesn't appear to be a reliable way to track progress. Best of luck with your journey, anyway.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

It's been since 2/14/2011 since I received my NOA1 and it still doesn't show anything. I called them also and they stated it's a website issue and nothing is wrong with my application. Good Luck, I wouldn't even bother checking it again. It's sad.

AOS TIMELINE:

02/08/2012 AOS Application Sent.

02/14/2012 NOA Hard Copy Received for EAD and AOS in mail 2/14/2012.

03/01/2012 Biometrics letter received. Bio scheduled at 3pm on 03/29.

03/29/2012 Successful Biometrics. In & out only 20 mins.

04/03/2012 Received text and email of EAD card production.

04/05/2012 Received text and email of EAD card mailed.

04/06/2012 Received EAD Card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Could it be that you are miss-typing it? Say, a zero for a large O?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.