Milushka

My K - 1 Interview at Moscow embassy

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all !!

Thank you very much for answering all my questions and so I was well prepared for my final stage - interview, which took place on June 3rd.

I am still waiting on my visa to be mailed, but fingers crossed I can pick it up this week, staying in Moscow meanwhile.

I have had my medical the day before interview and was able to pick up results the same day, no problem, everything is pretty straight forward once you get to MOM. Google maps were used widely to determine the locations.

I have had my interview at 12:30. No queque was on that day, I had feeling they process only immigrant visas on Friday. Entered the embassy - security check - second floor for fiancees - paid the fee - was called to give the forms (sort out according to list on site in advance, will save you tones of time and be no problem even with your shaking hands)- fingerprints - was asked to sit and wait the turn to be interviewed. The waiting time was long - 2 hours or so. Meanwhile was watching other people having there interview. The brunette CO was handling "I am going to deny you" cases, all four people didnt get the visas though none of them were for K-1. Then there was a girl, who met her SO on odnoklassniki.ru. Her interview was under 10 min - approved ! After there was a girl who met on ElenaModels. That one was tricky, she was interviewd twice and I left not knowing whether she got her visa approved, seems like they gave her pretty hard time.

When my turn came, I was called by blond CO to come. I approached with wide smile and whn she asked how I am doing, I ve said : "I am very happy, we were waiting this day for so long". I think she realised that I was too excited haha. The interview went in english, even though my SO speaks russian. The rest of interview went with the same attitude. She asked me: When we ve met, When we started to be a couple, Whether he has met my parents, What was his occupation.

Then the funny part : I could see the computer she was working on. I was a little bit shocked when I saw facebook page of my fiance open. She went to mine as well and asked whether I had different names too. The matter is I dont disclose my surname on fcbk and use nickname made out of it. I said : No, just due to privacy reasons its differnet. She smiled. On a profile there was picture of me and my SO. She asked how we communicate. I gave her Skype print outs. She also looked through pictures, asking where some of those were made. After about 5 min in total she said : "I am going to approve your visa, you will receive it in a week". :) Hooraaaay !!!!

None of questions about previous denial of B2 were asked.

I went out of embassy turned right to get my mobile back and this is it :)

Overall it was easy, everyone was friendly.

Gluck on your journey !!

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congrats and tnx for the detailed interview report. That should help those behind you.

As we all know, everything you post on the Internet is available for everyone to see, including USCIS and the Embassy.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Congratulations!!

And very interesting that they pulled your Facebook up! It's good for those who go behind you to know. :)

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats! And thanks for the report :)

That's funny that they check facebook... i have a picture of my fiance as my profile pic, and he has mine as his profile picture :lol:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Congrats !!! :)

I'm going to say straight out though that the Facebook thing is super creepy imo. I mean like...####### :blink:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Congrats !!! :)

I'm going to say straight out though that the Facebook thing is super creepy imo. I mean like...####### :blink:

The very public Internet is fair game for all to see; including potential employers and the Embassy.

The real creepy thing is what people will post on their pages; ####### were they thinking? Not, for sure!

The very public Internet is fair game for all to see; including potential employers and the Embassy.

The real creepy thing is what people will post on their pages; ####### were they thinking? Not, for sure!

My wife told me a while back that the hospital she works at checks FB for employee's on there. I have a feeling these social network sites are going to eventually die out for reasons stated on this thread.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

My wife told me a while back that the hospital she works at checks FB for employee's on there. I have a feeling these social network sites are going to eventually die out for reasons stated on this thread.

Nope, the public is stupid; every Democrat knows that!

Nope, the public is stupid; every Democrat knows that!

:lol::thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

Lots of companies are checking the social networking sites now. State checking visa applicants was a new one to me.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you :)

haha yes, facebook part was totally unexpected. I used to work in IT department and my boss always said that only dumb people give real initials on fcbk, true or not but that influenced me to have a nickname and have full control of who can see my page. Plus that thing about potential employers checking, no doubt.

Well it was not totally random, because my fiance sent a relationship letter with petition where he included our msgs from facebook. So her first question was : Do you use facebook for communication? And printscreens had our names on it, thats how it made possible for them to check.

Still waiting for a visa, its Wendesday, almost a week from Friday, hopefully will hear something today.

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I wonder if the govt has a free pass to see even private FB pages....I wouldn't be surprised.

http://classic.cnbc.com/id/42361159/page/3/

Here is what they can do with cell phones. Check out the audio the Feds can pull from cellphone conversations. The clips are in the middle of the article.

The Feds could probably hear the conversation better than the two actually in the converstion. Now that Microsoft will own Skype, who knows what will be in store.

Edited by sea-monkey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.