Danno

Racial Violence Has Not Made It Into the Conversation about Race

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

What is the point to Danno throwing up yet another race thread on this board?

Can we get a multiple choice set of answers since he is a coward at painting it in black and white for all to see what he wants to push by all this innuendo?

FWIW, since I live in the city of Chicago, and I work close to the Streeterville location where this flash mob of teens did their thing, I can only imagine how much attention Danno would have paid to the 'story' if the mob was white- such as I've seen in suburban flash mobs doing much more than attack a cople of innocent bystanders.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What is the point to Danno throwing up yet another race thread on this board?

Can we get a multiple choice set of answers since he is a coward at painting it in black and white for all to see what he wants to push by all this innuendo?

FWIW, since I live in the city of Chicago, and I work close to the Streeterville location where this flash mob of teens did their thing, I can only imagine how much attention Danno would have paid to the 'story' if the mob was white- such as I've seen in suburban flash mobs doing much more than attack a cople of innocent bystanders.

JUst for giggles why don't you post a few stores of White flash mobs targeting Black citizens.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

JUst for giggles why don't you post a few stores of White flash mobs targeting Black citizens.

Because, giggles or not, I am not obsessed with race like you.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think posting random stories will help - when the entire premise of the OP article you posted relies on a "conversation" you can't define or contextualise.

Timeline

Because, giggles or not, I am not obsessed with race like you.

How did I know you would come back empty handed. :thumbs:

Any obsession I have is equaled by yours... as you never miss a chance to comment..... over and over and over.

William Penn

Timeline

How did I know you would come back empty handed. :thumbs:

Any obsession I have is equaled by yours... as you never miss a chance to comment..... over and over and over.

I'll never tire of calling you out on your context (get over it unless you're too much of a chicken to just admit how you really feel and think)... which in this case is supposed to be what exactly?

Timeline

I'll never tire of calling you out on your context (get over it unless you're too much of a chicken to just admit how you really feel and think)... which in this case is supposed to be what exactly?

My "feelings" are irrelevant to the subject.

One thing is for sure, you'll never tire of posting over and over all the while adding nothing. :whistle:

William Penn

Timeline

One thing is for sure, you'll never tire of posting over and over all the while adding nothing. :whistle:

To get the thread back on track - perhaps you'll explain what is meant by the phrase "conversation about race", if it is indeed a real thing that actual people are indeed having and exactly how/where the black flash mobs are "missing" from it.

Timeline

So what are they? Call it a curiosity I've asked about before (with no answer due to... cowardice) on a topic (race) I've asked your thoughts on with no clear answer (again, due to... cowardice).

I say that's plenty contribution right there, being this entire post of yours an undefined attempt to 'show' something.

And that's right, I'll never get tired of reminding you of this.

If you feel lambasted, grow thicker skin. Otherwise, ignore the commentary.

Timeline

So what are they? Call it a curiosity I've asked about before (with no answer due to... cowardice) on a topic (race) I've asked your thoughts on with no clear answer (again, due to... cowardice).

I say that's plenty contribution right there, being this entire post of yours an undefined attempt to 'show' something.

And that's right, I'll never get tired of reminding you of this.

If you feel lambasted, grow thicker skin. Otherwise, ignore the commentary.

"Me" grow a thicker skin?

Zero... I mean Hal, get real.

YOu can't even be honest about "who" you are.

:bonk:

William Penn

Timeline

The term "conversation on race" has been a term used to describe an ongoing dialog on how different people approach the topic.

Examples are everywhere, as I pointed out Eric Holder spoke about it was well.

here are random examples of this widely defined term.

and here of course is Eric "my people" Holder's" mentioning of a needed dialog on race.

My posting of this topic is because I believe there has been for too long an unwillingness an unwillingness to talk about or cover in news a growing trend of public outrageousness of "some" mostly black youth.

SOme of it is of a racial nature but many times its not.

While it's true you can on occasion find a white mob of anarchist destroying property at some G-summit

or rowdty college students doing extensive crime, it's rare.

IN my city alone last holiday weekend we had 70 Black youth locked up after two people where shot/ one killed following a huge incident at a Nascar event (of all things).

Similar events took place around the country, some numbering in the thousands of participants.

It's my opinion that whites and Black generally view this trend in different ways.

-Blacks are alarmed as they too fear this growing presence of a growing thug culture.

- Whites don't want to talk about it in real terms because they fear about all else being accused of noticing race.

Edited by Danno

William Penn

Timeline

So in real terms then, the term "conversation on race" means virtually nothing.

If you think black youth crime goes unreported and unremarked in the media or in politics, you don't know your own country at all well because it isn't the case.