SSSSS

Random processing...

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:star: It is officially true that most types of petitions (like I-129F) are processed in a random order. It is not first come first serve or alphabetical order. So to those who are still waiting for an answer, hope and pray that you are next to be processed. Keep faith, they didn't forget you, they are just being unfair.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Its first come first serve to a certain degree. However, with the volume of petitions, the number of workers, waiting for RFE returns, it seems like at any given time there is a 60-90 days window in which they are working. For instance, right now it appears CSC is working on petitions from Jan-March.

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-04-07

NOA1 hardcopy: 2001-04-16

I-129F NOA2: 2011-06-28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:star: It is officially true that most types of petitions (like I-129F) are processed in a random order. It is not first come first serve or alphabetical order. So to those who are still waiting for an answer, hope and pray that you are next to be processed. Keep faith, they didn't forget you, they are just being unfair.

How do you know this?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Its first come first serve to a certain degree. However, with the volume of petitions, the number of workers, waiting for RFE returns, it seems like at any given time there is a 60-90 days window in which they are working. For instance, right now it appears CSC is working on petitions from Jan-March.

yes how do you know that?? that they are working on petitions from Jan- march? we send our file last March 25, 2011 we got NOA 1 March 30,2011 but till now still in "Initial Review". i hope NOA 2 is soon

Timeline

yes how do you know that?? that they are working on petitions from Jan- march? we send our file last March 25, 2011 we got NOA 1 March 30,2011 but till now still in "Initial Review". i hope NOA 2 is soon

You can look at the bottom of your timeline and see when to expect the NOA 2. For you, I think it is in August. I filed and they received March 15, and mine says July 9-July 31, 2011.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

How do you know this?

There is a way to check cases on uscis.gov. You can put your case number and then change the last digits and find other I-129F cases. For example a lot of cases had been processed right before me and right after me, but many were skipped around very randomly. I kept a record for 2 months now. it does appear random

Timeline

There is a way to check cases on uscis.gov. You can put your case number and then change the last digits and find other I-129F cases. For example a lot of cases had been processed right before me and right after me, but many were skipped around very randomly. I kept a record for 2 months now. it does appear random

Thanks for the info!

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

If cases all came out in the order they were recieved that would mean USCIS was not doing their job. USCIS does not want everbody who, wants to come in this country to get in. They also don't want everybody in this country to bring anybody they want into this country.

They have to do background checks. Need to make sure people coming in do not become public burdens, don't need criminals coming in or criminals bringing in other criminals, keep visa fraud to a minimum, etc.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

You can check the attachment below, cases from january 5 are still in initial review. Other cases besides I-129F are also skipped around and are still in initial review for now apparent reason. I'm just saying that everyone should keep faith and hope and not think that there is something wrong with their case. They didn't forget you, I'm still waiting also. In any case it should not take more than 6 months to review a case and give some kind of answer, either approval, denial or request for evidence. Good luck!

You can check the attachment below, cases from january 5 are still in initial review. Other cases besides I-129F are also skipped around and are still in initial review for now apparent reason. I'm just saying that everyone should keep faith and hope and not think that there is something wrong with their case. They didn't forget you, I'm still waiting also. In any case it should not take more than 6 months to review a case and give some kind of answer, either approval, denial or request for evidence. Good luck!

First of all that status system does not work right. Many folks have gone on and gotten their Visas came to the US and still their status is in Initial Revew.

In certain cases the petitioners name triggers a match in the name check database and in that case they have to dig into other databases maintained by other organizations. Also if it comes down to it the have to resort to getting physical records.

There is also Administrative Processing, there are IMBRA rules, some waiting years.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

In any case it should not take more than six months. they are playing with people's future when they say it is around 5 months processing and then it becomes 7, 8 or 9 months. At least they should give some kind of notice of delay. But that's just my opinion. I'm not arguing anything, I'm just presenting my research and what I think is a fact. Like i said, keep faith people, don't give up, it's worth it. :dance:

"What I think" and "fact" should not be used in the same sentence. It's an "either" or an "or" structure. So if I am reading this correctly, the entire post is a what you think is happen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Some cases take longer than others and with the volume in which they deal it just makes sense that there are a large sample of NOA1 dated petitions that are being processed at once. Are you suggesting they should wait until every last petition filed in December has a yes or no before they move onto January? The system is flawed, but they have to work with that they have. The most effect way of handling such a high volume of petitions is to work on large chunks at a time. Some are simple and fly through, others need further checks, others are missing information. Nothing is black or white here, it's all a grey area. Is that fair? Probably not, but again...they have to work within the system that is in front of them.

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-04-07

NOA1 hardcopy: 2001-04-16

I-129F NOA2: 2011-06-28

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

In any case it should not take more than six months. they are playing with people's future when they say it is around 5 months processing and then it becomes 7, 8 or 9 months. At least they should give some kind of notice of delay. But that's just my opinion. I'm not arguing anything, I'm just presenting my research and what I think is a fact. Like i said, keep faith people, don't give up, it's worth it. :dance:

I appreciate you trying to give us hope. I agree with your opinion. I have been waiting since November 15, 2011 and it does feel like they have forgotten us. But not giving up. Thanks for the encouragement. :thumbs:

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.