pocheros

Is this photo acceptable for the medical exam?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My medical exam is coming up at the end of this month, so I went to get the passport style photos taken. This is what they came up with:

photo2hu.jpg

Excuse my disheveled appearance, I did it right after work

I had to pay before receiving my photos and wasn't given a preview. When I received them I asked them to be re done and the guy refused.

Guys, is this an acceptable photo? Isn't it kinda off center?

More details: When I assembled packet 3 I thought they required 2 photos to be mailed off with it, so I got 5 done somewhere and they did a great job. I actually glued the photos to my packet 3 (I know, you're not supposed to do this, but it got approved so yay? XD). This left me with 3 for the medical exam, BUT I accidentally marked one up and got it all dog eared and yucky.

So, I was left with only two "good" photos. Thought I'd be consistent and get the same 3 photos for the medical exam and 2 extra just in case they want more at the embassy, which I don't know is necessary seeing as I glued photos to PKT3 already. XD

Well, this is what I was thinking: I already have two good ones for the embassy, so are these 3 acceptable for the medical exam?

I plan on going back to complain to someone else about the photos because they were not worth my money IMO. If I can't get them re-done at the same place should I spend the extra money to get them done somewhere else? Could this cause problems with AOS if I re use the same medical exam in place of a biometrics appointment (since it won't be expired by the time I file for it?) Will this cause problems at the embassy (Montreal, by the way)?

Edited by pocheros

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If it wouldn't be used for a passport it likely wouldn't be accepted by the US embassy.

Your not in the center of that picture and its crooked!

If it were me I would get it redone somewhere else if they refuse to fix it for you. Honestly they should of fixed it same day, I had some done and the guy noticed he made a mistake so he re-took them then he accidentally cut one crooked so he printed an extra one for free.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You could always do what I did :P

I had ONE good photo left so I scanned it. Then I uploaded it to here: http://www.epassportphoto.com and reprinted a whole bunch of photos that I actually like :) I did the same for my Aussie passport as well (used this site). it's free to use but you just save the e-file of your photo and print it at walmart (or wherever, I just used walmart). Cost me 19cents for 5 passport sized photos. :)

**Edit - I should mention I had ZERO issues. The photos looked great. Not blurry, not questioned. You'll be shocked at how awesome that site is.. I saved a LOT of money on pics!

**Double edit - I agree that the pic you uploaded isn't good enough so you either need to do what I suggested above, or have new ones taken. I'd try the above first to see what you think.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Thanks for the help guys. :) The customer service around here sucks, I had to convince the guy to give me a refund but eventually I got one. Phew! Gonna get them re done.

Thanks for the help guys. :) The customer service around here sucks, I had to convince the guy to give me a refund but eventually I got one. Phew! Gonna get them re done.

Yay! Congrats on getting the refund! As someone whose employment is dealing with angry customers, it infuriates me when its ahrd to get appropriate resolution when you're so obviously right.

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Timeline

Yay! Congrats on getting the refund! As someone whose employment is dealing with angry customers, it infuriates me when its ahrd to get appropriate resolution when you're so obviously right.

Indeed :yes: I work in customer service and if I make a mistake I'm quick to admit it and fix it! Sometimes it's not my fault but I'll still correct it, if it only happens occasionally what's going to cost more- an angry customer that won't bring back business and will badmouth you or just re-doing something to make them happy? It's the customer's right to get what they pay for.

In retrospect I should've made the photo black and white before posting it to VJ because now I'm identifiable by my hair :lol:

Edited by pocheros

Indeed :yes: I work in customer service and if I make a mistake I'm quick to admit it and fix it! Sometimes it's not my fault but I'll still correct it, if it only happens occasionally what's going to cost more- an angry customer that won't bring back business and will badmouth you or just re-doing something to make them happy? It's the customer's right to get what they pay for.

Exactly!

I work escalations for a large company so I spend a lot of time cleaning up errors made by our representatives (Well, and a lot of time with customers who just want things when nothing has actually happened, but that's a whole other ballpark). But nobody ever talks that much about good customer service, they always remember the bad!

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.