MoonfaceGal21

Planned Parenthood Services?

9 posts in this topic

thats what i was wondering, since im not working yet i only have half of the cash to pay them which they said would be okay, but i'm just not sure if I'll get in major trouble for it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That should be fine since they do accpet payment plans, I would just stay way from the gov. asst. part. When you fill out your paper work at P.P. make sure you tell them that you don't want to be assisted by the government.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

thats what i was wondering, since im not working yet i only have half of the cash to pay them which they said would be okay, but i'm just not sure if I'll get in major trouble for it

Have you checked to make sure what your husbands insurance covers? Are you covered by his insurance? Can you borrow the money from someone?

I wouldn't accept anything until you know for sure it's ok. Hopefully someone here can give you some specific help!

Good luck!

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not sure if I even understand Planned Parenthood, wife use to deal with them a lot when she was working for patient assistance at our hospital/clinic. They have services practically identical to the hospital/clinic like prescribing birth control pills or doing breast cancer screenings.

Only difference I noted, can be wrong on this, is that our hospital/clinic will not do abortions, PPH does. But the republicans are saying the democrats are paying for these abortions with federal money and the democrats are claiming, they are not. Patient has to pay for those.

In regards to aid, hospital/clinic will charge a needing patient on ability to pay, just like PPH, so outside of abortions, I don't get it. I don't get a lot of things the government does.

If say, going in for a breast cancer screening, both have the same fees, if you go in penniless, can get this service for free at either place, if you own a home, they will take that away from you to pay the bill. So I wonder at times why we are working our cans off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you concerned about which services you might use (none of their damn business) they can't take your GC back because you had an abortion or got BC or is it more of an issue that you accepted services which might be gov't funded?

I think Planned Parenthood is very confidential, although I don't know for sure. Think of it this way, if you needed a mammogram and you went there because it was free or subsidized, USCIS is not going to fault you for getting a mammogram to save your health.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you concerned about which services you might use (none of their damn business) they can't take your GC back because you had an abortion or got BC or is it more of an issue that you accepted services which might be gov't funded?

I think Planned Parenthood is very confidential, although I don't know for sure. Think of it this way, if you needed a mammogram and you went there because it was free or subsidized, USCIS is not going to fault you for getting a mammogram to save your health.

PP is extremely confidential, same as your local doctor. They give you a lot of disclosure/confidentiality paperwork along with the rest; read it carefully, and you will see they are not going to toss you out any more than your physician or a treating surgeon at the hospital will decide to share the information about a private issue with all and sundry.

If you are concerned about government-funded services, tell that to the PP people. They will be able to help you to choose the right payment option, and there is always the possibility of alternative arrangements like later payment. They are experienced in most areas in dealing with all the ins and outs of a given state, and you will not be the first immigrant without a job to come to them. :)

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.