Xinh_Will

OK, here's my situation.

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They often do background or credit checks, unannounced home visits, middle of the night over the phone Q&A with just about anyone you could think of.. an ex, a relative, your SO, a boss an neighbor.... yep they can get any phone# they want... The idea that big brother has access to whatever they want is not far fetched at all.. The HCMC consulate is noted as one of the toughest out there due to rampant visa fraud not too long ago... they cracked down in a major way and when there is a recent divorce, that is one of the red flags they are looking for when it comes to visa fraud... red flags = the consulate digging deeper and or dragging things out for an indefinite length of time.. the analogies you noted are not far off, The HCMC consulate has been known to call up people and lie about who they are.. lie about why they are calling just to try to catch someone else in a lie or confuse them enough to get them to say the wrong thing...

This is pretty bazaar... amazing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm glad to hear that Xinh has been reading this thread. Laugh, Xinh, you prob is the only person knowing 100% what I'm heading.

OK, Ok. I won't spoil any of your future planning. None of my biz (MYOB) anyway. Just remember, there's a famous saying about VNese women "Cong, Dung, Ngon, Hanh".

You should know and understand that expression well. One day hopefully Will will be explained (not by words, but by your actions) to his expectation and satisfaction.

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Timeline

The only way yours would be smoother than Lucky's (comparatively) is if a CO showed up at Xinh's house and said "I heard you might be interested in a visa. I just happened to have a spare one here..." :whistle:

Decker's advice sounds spot on.

The consulate in HCMC doesn't usually accept joint sponsors for K visas, but they have no choice with CR1's. That's if you decide to marry her first. Some people aren't comfortable with having to be separated after marriage while waiting out the visa process, and getting married in Vietnam is more of a pain in the rear than in the US.

Don't mean to rub any salt into your wounds, but the flight from HCMC to Da Lat is only 20 minutes. After that, it's another 20 minutes in a cab from the airport to downtown Da Lat. :blush:

My wife and step kids are also from a village outside Hue, though my wife's house is in Hue. I like Hue much more than Saigon. Less crowded, and more relaxing. :thumbs:

And please... don't call me Chim! :no:

Lol. Gave me a chuckle. You do know that I had to fly all the way to VN that one time.....right?whistling.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

closed for review.

one post removed along with one quoting that post.

one member thread banned and global mod action requested.

thread reopened.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

closed for review.

thread reopened.

Hmm. Don't even recognize what's missing. But thanks, *I think*, Charles! IMHO, reasonably aggressively modded sites tend to be more focused on the issues at hand and more enjoyable for all.

Timeline

closed for review.

thread reopened.

Ah, got it. Too bad. He's just a crotchety old cuss--kinda fun, really. From what I've read, he's got to have the record for thread bans. :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ah, got it. Too bad. He's just a crotchety old cuss--kinda fun, really. From what I've read, he's got to have the record for thread bans. :P

nope.. I think that would be held by a member that does not even post in the VN regional... the phrase monkey nuts comes to mind...

Yeah, point taken. Didn't want to be too rude my first thread--but I did bring a big bag o peanuts. Anyhoo... :ot2:

:pop:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks! Glad to hear we're entertaining somebody. :lol:

:ot: But fun! More or less it's "Sin". :) I'm certainly no expert, but Vietnamese is tough and the letters/consonant combinations don't agree well with English. To give you an idea--Roughly, X is S, S is SH, TH is T, NH can be NYA, NG can be an M. And don't even get started on the dialects. G or D can make either the Y or Z sound, depending. The US State Department website lists it as one of the hardest languages for an English speaker to learn, with an estimate of 1100 classroom hours to fluency. AND...the central dialect seems to have a reputation for being the toughest. But then, I'm lucky. The ex lived in El Salvador for years and got her degree in Spanish, minor in German-all her friends spoke spanish and I spent a LOT of time watching soccer with her friends husbands. Plus, my brother is deaf, so I'm quite good at understanding conversations without speaking a language. It was a big deal in attracting her(and her kin) on our second date--me being able to keep up and participate in the family conversation even though I had to speak English to her to be understood. :)

"Xing" is probably closer to Xinh, but instead of the -ING sound at the end in Xing, it's more like X-un (like the un in unknown)...if that makes any sense. :huh:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

"Xing" is probably closer to Xinh, but instead of the -ING sound at the end in Xing, it's more like X-un (like the un in unknown)...if that makes any sense. :huh:

It might sound almost be like "Sn", with barely any vowel sound between the "S" and "n". "ăn" is more like the "un" in "unknown". Like "Vinh" sounds almost like "Vn", while "Văn" sounds more like "Vun".

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

It might sound almost be like "Sn", with barely any vowel sound between the "S" and "n". "ăn" is more like the "un" in "unknown". Like "Vinh" sounds almost like "Vn", while "Văn" sounds more like "Vun".

YES! RIGHT! "Sn". I was concentrating too hard on the final consonant, which is a bit softer than the English N. But it was the barely present vowel I wasn't getting. Jim saves the day! My dad says "Zen". She answers to it.

Say hi to Phuong for me--I've read about your journey here and there--in the AP thread, etc. Nice to connect with another rural Hue resident. Xinh is from Thuan An and I've spent a lot of time there. Just talked to her--and she told me to relax, take it easy and take it slow. We've got time and great advice here on VJ. All tips welcome, even/especially the cautionary ones.

Thread posts, PMs, phone calls--I'm a lot less worried. It's gonna make the waiting easier. You know, til she disappears at the airport in LAX, if we're to believe ONE guy. :)

Take the the advice of Jim, Scott,and Lucky, they know the process and will give you great advice. You got a good attitude and she will receive her visa in due time. Best of luck on your Visa Journey!

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Timeline

YES! RIGHT! "Sn". I was concentrating too hard on the final consonant, which is a bit softer than the English N. But it was the barely present vowel I wasn't getting. Jim saves the day! My dad says "Zen". She answers to it.

Say hi to Phuong for me--I've read about your journey here and there--in the AP thread, etc. Nice to connect with another rural Hue resident. Xinh is from Thuan An and I've spent a lot of time there. Just talked to her--and she told me to relax, take it easy and take it slow. We've got time and great advice here on VJ. All tips welcome, even/especially the cautionary ones.

Thread posts, PMs, phone calls--I'm a lot less worried. It's gonna make the waiting easier. You know, til she disappears at the airport in LAX, if we're to believe ONE guy. :)

Holy #######! My wife's entire family is from Thuan An! My wife and her kids were born there! My wife might know your wife! It's almost certain she knows someone from her family! :o

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

i don't really see any red flag if you guys are taking it slow and petitioning in 1-2 years?

also "zen" would be the farthest sound from "xinh" possible...if there's no accent then does the name translate to "cute"?

hue people are notorious for being frugal and cheap amongst vietnamese people so i think you got a keeper.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.