9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

My fellow past VJ'ers, present, and future VJ'ers,

I joined Visa Journey because I was very scared when I started reading bad stories about the immigration process. I wanted my fellow VJ'ers to offer me support. I wanted them to help me get through this process. But when everyone did not give me positive feedback, I honestly got hurt.

But I am hear to tell anyone going through this process that we have to listen to the good, the bad, and the ugly because this process is very difficult. We can learn from everyone here.

I was open and honest and so were my fellow VJ'ers. Everyone has their own way of expressing themselves. We have to embrace everything we are told no matter how hurtful it is. Remember that we are already in pain because we are away from our loved ones so when we hear something we do not like, it is like someone has poured salt on our wound. But that is ok. We have to listen because this process is not a cake walk. We have to prove our intentions. We have to be forthcoming. We must celebrate those who do get approved in less than four months because it means our time is coming too.

The experienced VJ'ers are just giving us a preview of what we will probably be facing. LISTEN and LISTEN well because they know their stuff.

I have learned that I was naive in thinking that I would be one of the lucky ones who would be approved in less than 4 months. I have learned that because of the details of my relationship that it is likely that the CO will not believe my husband truly loves me because I am so much older than he is. I have learned that this process can take years. No I did not want to hear that, and I am sure you do not either. But the reason they told me these things was to help me, not to hurt me.

I have learned to produce as much proof as possible. MORE is better than less. I have learned that losing my patience means wasting precious energy and time.

I would like to thank everyone who has tried to help me. Thank God for the kind and compassionate. And thank God for the straight talkers who provide the tough love I need to get through this process.

I am listening now.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

to those people who get hurt because of what others say...grow up. if people give you hell on here,its because they are trying to get you ready for what lays ahead.waiting for noa2 and all might be hard,but whats harder is getting ready for the interview.

what is unfair is getting treatd badly in the interview because of your nationality.

so,suck it up,step up and take it like a man.that is coming from a 20 year old who didnt have a care in the world before all this and didnt even know how to deposit money to an account

Timeline

to those people who get hurt because of what others say...grow up. if people give you hell on here,its because they are trying to get you ready for what lays ahead.waiting for noa2 and all might be hard,but whats harder is getting ready for the interview.

what is unfair is getting treatd badly in the interview because of your nationality.

so,suck it up,step up and take it like a man.that is coming from a 20 year old who didnt have a care in the world before all this and didnt even know how to deposit money to an account

Well said. :rofl::rofl:

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Can't say it any better than this.

Good Luck to Everyone for the Immigration Journey.

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks Dumb--if even one new (or old) VJ'er takes to heart what you said, we will have succeeded in making their life easier, better, and less stressful. And if more than one, well, that would be extraordinary.

But let's not confuse great tough advise with hostility or disrespect towards OP. I see a lot of that too and it shouldn't go unchecked.

Great advice Dumb/dumber :thumbs:

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Timeline

Yes, the member rules state that very clearly. Hopefully, we can ignore that type of behavior and hang on to the good advice and support we get and give to one another. I know I sure appreciate the experience of all our members.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fellow past VJ'ers, present, and future VJ'ers,

I joined Visa Journey because I was very scared when I started reading bad stories about the immigration process. I wanted my fellow VJ'ers to offer me support. I wanted them to help me get through this process. But when everyone did not give me positive feedback, I honestly got hurt.

But I am hear to tell anyone going through this process that we have to listen to the good, the bad, and the ugly because this process is very difficult. We can learn from everyone here.

I was open and honest and so were my fellow VJ'ers. Everyone has their own way of expressing themselves. We have to embrace everything we are told no matter how hurtful it is. Remember that we are already in pain because we are away from our loved ones so when we hear something we do not like, it is like someone has poured salt on our wound. But that is ok. We have to listen because this process is not a cake walk. We have to prove our intentions. We have to be forthcoming. We must celebrate those who do get approved in less than four months because it means our time is coming too.

The experienced VJ'ers are just giving us a preview of what we will probably be facing. LISTEN and LISTEN well because they know their stuff.

I have learned that I was naive in thinking that I would be one of the lucky ones who would be approved in less than 4 months. I have learned that because of the details of my relationship that it is likely that the CO will not believe my husband truly loves me because I am so much older than he is. I have learned that this process can take years. No I did not want to hear that, and I am sure you do not either. But the reason they told me these things was to help me, not to hurt me.

I have learned to produce as much proof as possible. MORE is better than less. I have learned that losing my patience means wasting precious energy and time.

I would like to thank everyone who has tried to help me. Thank God for the kind and compassionate. And thank God for the straight talkers who provide the tough love I need to get through this process.

I am listening now.

m1234.gif

:rofl::lol::rofl:

2-11-11 | I-129F sent

2-16-11 | NOA1

6-06-11 | NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.