scandal

Republicans must be capable of believing as many as six impossible things before breakfast

139 posts in this topic

Anyone who has even done basic accounting should understand why the government is messed up in the way it's being handled.

I haven't done basic accounting but I did have the luxury of being in the military for a while and the benefit of that was I saw first-hand what happens when the government gets involved in things.

It's like the biggest rap video in the world!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
What? This is actually scary that people believe this. Impossible to cut spending is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Of course you can. It would be painful to a lot of people, but to suggest it can't be done is moronic.

Do it and let us know how you closed the gap.

Can you name me one business where folks manufacture nothing, sell no services and the only thing they have to do in order to be "successful" is grow?

Let's start simple: Have you been out of your home lately? Was there a paved stretch for you to ride on? Have you flushed the toilet, washed your hands? Was there water that came out of the faucet and is there a sewer line that absorbes the used fluids? How about the first responders that save lives each and every day? Storm warning systems? Used an airplane lately? Did it take-off and land safely w/o colliding with other aircraft? How about national security? Our military doing a decent job? The court system that upholds the laws. It's just the beginning. All that is nothing? Just thin air? This country would be what it is today if it wasn't for government to build the infrastructure everything and anything is built on? If we didn't invest in research and education? Really? Is that what you want to tell us here?

Don't ask him that. I question whether he even has a job or works for a functioning company.

My guess is government employee at this point.

Anyone who has even done basic accounting should understand why the government is messed up in the way it's being handled.

Paul, you need to grow up and take in at least a little bit of reality. It's out there, go enjoy it. Denying it doesn't make it go away.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Let's start simple: Have you been out of your home lately? Was there a paved stretch for you to ride on? Have you flushed the toilet, washed your hands? Was there water that came out of the faucet and is there a sewer line that absorbes the used fluids? How about the first responders that save lives each and every day? Storm warning systems? Used an airplane lately? Did it take-off and land safely w/o colliding with other aircraft? How about national security? Our military doing a decent job? The court system that upholds the laws. It's just the beginning. All that is nothing? Just thin air? This country would be what it is today if it wasn't for government to build the infrastructure everything and anything is built on? If we didn't invest in research and education? Really? Is that what you want to tell us here?

Ignoring the facts of overspending doesn't fix the problem.

Also, there's a difference in state/local functions and federal functions.

While the Feds might help with interstate highway funding, a lot of normal main road funding is on a state/local level. Same with water and sewer lines, first responders, etc..

We are talking about the Federal Government here and the irresponsible monster it has become.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

As compared to six crore for Democrats?

(crore = 10 million)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I haven't done basic accounting but I did have the luxury of being in the military for a while and the benefit of that was I saw first-hand what happens when the government gets involved in things.

What does that mean? Sounds funny but I don't understand what you are saying. Can you elaborate?

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Ignoring the facts of overspending doesn't fix the problem.

Also, there's a difference in state/local functions and federal functions.

While the Feds might help with interstate highway funding, a lot of normal main road funding is on a state/local level. Same with water and sewer lines, first responders, etc..

We are talking about the Federal Government here and the irresponsible monster it has become.

I have no problem with taking a good, hard look at the money the fed spends. If there's no value created by a function that is funded, get rid of it. No problem here.

However, to say that the government - federal or otherwise - produces nothing and provides no service whatsoever is just dishonest. Generations past have paid taxes and build a country they could be proud to leave their children and grandchildren. They built the interstates. They built dams and levees. Railroads, aviation infrastructure, communication infrastructure. Aside from that, they paid for research, education and the arts. They took America from farmland to be the industrial superpower.

And yet, among all that tax burden they shouldered, they built a strong middle class and improved their lives on an unprecedented scale.

What do we do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Things that Right Wingos must believe:

1 I will never get old

2 I will never get sick and not have the money

3 None of my family will become needy and ask for my help

4 I will never be poor

5 Only me and mine matter - the rest of society is only of consequence as far as it's usefulness to me is concerned

6 I will agree with paying for public sewers but only so disease doesn't come to me and mine

7 If other people's kids can't read and write then it's not my problem

Anyone who fails any of these core beliefs is a commie stalinist and probably foreign

moresheep400100.jpg

What does that mean? Sounds funny but I don't understand what you are saying. Can you elaborate?

:lol:

Timeline

How to confuse a right wingo:

Tell em that the military is a run by the government and paid for by tax payers money - and then ask them whether they support it and whether it should be expanded

moresheep400100.jpg

Tell em that the military is a run by the government and paid for by tax payers money - and then ask them whether they support it and whether it should be expanded

You can tell just how confused they are by looking at the opposition to Medicare cuts among the Tea Party crowd - a whopping 70% of them oppose Medicare cuts. The GOP, in fact, ran much of their health care reform opposition and subsequently much of their 2010 campaign on the reductions in Medicare spending included in the health care reform legislation. Then they turn around and unanimously vote to abolish Medicare altogether hoping that nobody would notice. They're that confused.

Remember these? :lol:

s-MEDICARE-large.jpgteabag-medicare.jpg

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Lets repeat this again... I know it's tricky.

"Limited" Government.

Kinda sounds like "no" government.... but if we listen close, you can hear the difference.

:P

"Limited" Government.

Kinda sounds like "no" government.... but if we listen close, you can hear the difference.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

"Limited" Government.

"Limited" Government.

It's ironic that the 'pro life' right wing will only support one government organization - that which is trained to take life

.....and don't tell me that the military is there to protect life - one look at the Vietnam war disproves that - it's there to promote government and government policy

Of course it's necessary - but on the same basis, so are many government services - like driver's licenses for instance

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Then they turn around and unanimously vote to abolish Medicare altogether

When did this happen? I would be interested in seeing that article or other information about that vote.