mrskage

Spousal Visa Info

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi I am new to all of this. I am from the US and my fiance is from the UK. We plan on getting married in the US his next trip. I just need to know what steps we need to take after we get married. Which Visa is the fastest and all of that. Also once all of the visa things are approved and he gets to come over to the US to live, how long before he can start working? Any information or opinions are helpful. Thankyou. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

you will need to do the I 130 visa for spouse here is a link for step by step instruction..

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

He can work as soon as he arrives in the the states as a LPR (legal permanent resident) he can also work with a K3 fiance visa, but you must marry within 90 days of him arriving. If he is going to come over to get married I think he has to apply for a fiance visa first. You can't use a visitors visa for marriage purposes. Its the same for you if you wanted to marry in his country...you would have to apply for a marriage/fiance visa. This is what I did when we got married in england. After the wedding you would apply for IR1/CR1 visa (I-130 petition for alien relative) it takes about 9 mos-1yr to complete the entire process although some do it in less time & some take longer if there are complications like overstaying a visa or criminal record.

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you really not mean 'K3 fiance visa', right?

fwiw, lots of ppl come into USA specifically to get married, then return to home country to wait for the CR-1 paperwork to finish up, having an interview in their home country.

As far as USCIS and DoS are concerned, it doesn't matter WHERE one gets married.

your info seems a bit skewed, confusing 'visa' with 'marriage', somewhat.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

He can work as soon as he arrives in the the states as a LPR (legal permanent resident) he can also work with a K3 fiance visa, but you must marry within 90 days of him arriving. If he is going to come over to get married I think he has to apply for a fiance visa first. You can't use a visitors visa for marriage purposes. Its the same for you if you wanted to marry in his country...you would have to apply for a marriage/fiance visa. This is what I did when we got married in england. After the wedding you would apply for IR1/CR1 visa (I-130 petition for alien relative) it takes about 9 mos-1yr to complete the entire process although some do it in less time & some take longer if there are complications like overstaying a visa or criminal record.

Well he has been planning on coming for a visit at this time anyways, so we recently were talking about getting married while he was here but then he planned on going back to the UK to finish work and so we can do the proper paperwork for the spousal visa. Because I thought you could get married at any time as long as he didn't try to overstay the regular visa. But thats why I'm on here to ask questions and get the proper info we need.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** moving to IR-1/CR-1 forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey mrskage! luckily we have it fairly easy being from the UK as it is a low fraud country.

If you get married in the US you need to make sure you come back to England. Going to the US with intent to immigrate is classed as visa fraud, but going to marry and then return is fine!

Once youre married, file the paperwork for a CR-1 visa. takes 8-12 months ish, but nothings definite! You can visit him and he can visit you durring the process, but he may need to show ties to the UK to get through (mortgage/rent/job etc)

Relatively simple process but time consuming.

The K-3 visa is no longer in use.

K-1 can be used, but downside is costs a lot more. May save you 3-4 months but a whole lot of extra fees and time when your hubby wouldnt be able to wokr!

Any other questions, dont hesitate. im halfway through CR-1 application!

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Hey mrskage! luckily we have it fairly easy being from the UK as it is a low fraud country.

If you get married in the US you need to make sure you come back to England. Going to the US with intent to immigrate is classed as visa fraud, but going to marry and then return is fine!

Once youre married, file the paperwork for a CR-1 visa. takes 8-12 months ish, but nothings definite! You can visit him and he can visit you durring the process, but he may need to show ties to the UK to get through (mortgage/rent/job etc)

Relatively simple process but time consuming.

The K-3 visa is no longer in use.

K-1 can be used, but downside is costs a lot more. May save you 3-4 months but a whole lot of extra fees and time when your hubby wouldnt be able to wokr!

Any other questions, dont hesitate. im halfway through CR-1 application!

Thankyou so much for the info. If we have anymore questions I'll be sure to ask. :)

Hi, I'm also a us citizen with a fiance from the UK. We also have decided that when he comes to visit me in July (2011) we will get married,then I will file the I 130 when he goes back to England.

Edited by Jen&Barry

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

you will need to do the I 130 visa for spouse here is a link for step by step instruction..

http://www.visajourn...tent/i130guide1

The I-130 is a petition for alien relative, not a visa. Yes, you'll start any spouse visa process by filing an I-130. Start with the guide and be certain to also carefully study and follow the I-130 instructions.

In short, except for the first sentence, the above post is simply inaccurate. I advise you do disregard it in its entirety.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi, I'm also a us citizen with a fiance from the UK. We also have decided that when he comes to visit me in July (2011) we will get married,then I will file the I 130 when he goes back to England.

Awesome congrats to you and your fiance hopefully everything will go smooth for both of us. :) Three more days and my fiance will be here!! (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.