Anwarmalik

we did not take photos when got engaged

8 posts in this topic

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

we have planty of our pictures. and we have all documets showing that we were here together.Her plane tickets, boarding pass, our train tickets, shopping reciepts, bus tickets, tickets for some places. but only engagement pic we dont have... did not do any cermoney ...that was just during a dinner.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ah yes, but this might be a slightly different situation.

OP: do you have any photos of the two of you together that support your answer to Q18 on the I-129F? This will need to be supplied in addition to primary evidence attesting to your answer, such as boarding pass stubs, travel iteneraries, hotel invoices, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Which country is your fiancee from? Normally, no photos of the engagement ceremony is not a problem, unless you are from certain specific countries such as Vietnam. You could ask around the dinner guests, some of them may have taken photos.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

we have planty of our pictures. and we have all documets showing that we were here together.Her plane tickets, boarding pass, our train tickets, shopping reciepts, bus tickets, tickets for some places. but only engagement pic we dont have... did not do any cermoney ...that was just during a dinner.

That's fine. Just be sure to date the photos and indicate that they are submitted in support of the meeting you describe in Q18 of the I-129F. Your charge is only to prove that you met once, prior to filing the I-129F.

Later, at the interview for your K1, you will be required to demonstrate an "ongoing relationship". This should just be a case of more photos, details of visits, phone records, Skype logs, etc. You might also be asked when/how you got engaged, but photos/evidence of this won't be required (unless [this is the only exception I can possibly imagine] the beneficiary is from a high fraud country with particular cultural traditions surrounding marriage and engagement, which the ConOff might wish to see have been followed).

Timeline

That's fine. Just be sure to date the photos and indicate that they are submitted in support of the meeting you describe in Q18 of the I-129F. Your charge is only to prove that you met once*, prior to filing the I-129F.

*[and within the last 2 years]

Edited by faust-yusov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.