16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello again all.

Was just wondering if anyone can put some input what happens now with the I-130, I-485 and I-765 that I sent of this March?

As far as I can tell the files are at the National Benefits Center, wherever that is. I got my biometrics done yesterday for the I-485 and I-765(even though my date was 23rd May)

I just to get some sort of heads up on whats coming ahead so I can be prepared on anything that will be happening. Does my documents get sent to either Vermont or California or another center?

Thanks again.

You will receive an interview date. Now all you can do is wait for your ead approval and interview date.. :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

As far as I know, only k1s are forwarded to CSC.. you will have an interview which isn't a bad thing because you will at least know when youll get your GC. :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

As far as I know, only k1s are forwarded to CSC.. you will have an interview which isn't a bad thing because you will at least know when youll get your GC. :)

Reason I was asking, I seen on here a few people's AOS have been sent to CSC and some didn't get an interview.

Reason I was asking, I seen on here a few people's AOS have been sent to CSC and some didn't get an interview.

You are reading the wrong forum and getting confused. This forum is for people who entered on K-1 visas. Their relationships were already scrutinized at the consular phase before their fiance visas, so sometimes their interviews are waived.

You entered on another visa (we can tell because you filed a I-130) and therefore will have a mandatory interview. You can now wait for your EAD to be processed and your interview letter to come. Good luck.

Also, the forum for your type of AOS (and mine) is right below this one.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

They entered on K-1 but it has been more than 2 years since they got married, that's why I-130, I believe.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Ahh, thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the assumption. I am pretty sure they will still have a mandatory interview, unless there is some special K-1 after more than 2 years rule. OP - I would suggest you join this progress thread here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/297679-aos-march-2011-filers/

Because it has been so long since the K-1, your process is basically like this now. Good luck.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Ahh, thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the assumption. I am pretty sure they will still have a mandatory interview, unless there is some special K-1 after more than 2 years rule. OP - I would suggest you join this progress thread here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/297679-aos-march-2011-filers/

Because it has been so long since the K-1, your process is basically like this now. Good luck.

That forum is for work,student and tourist visa's. Don't think I would be welcome there lol.

That forum is for work,student and tourist visa's. Don't think I would be welcome there lol.

I know, but because you waited so long to get married, that is really your forum, because your processes are the same. The filers in this forum are basing their I-485 on the approved I-129F and their marriage in 90 days. You are basing your I-485 off of the I-130 you sent in, and are therefore a I-130/I-485 concurrent filer, just like they are.

You said your case was exceptional in the K-1 forum, and were having trouble knowing what was the next step here. That's why I suggested the other forum, because your process is exactly like theirs now.

Like I said, you will have a mandatory interview, just like them, whereas people in this forum might get transferred to CSC. I know you entered on K-1, but since the marriage happened after 90 days, you are not using the K-1 in any way except as a legal entry. K-1 people who marry within 90 days use their I-129F to apply for AOS.

Just trying to help - if they give you slack over there I will slap them with a wet noodle! :) But I am sure they are really nice.

Good luck.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this topic. From your timeline you enetered on a K1 and was married within 90 days. Being out of status for a K1 entrant is normally forgiven by the USCIS.

If you sent in the AOS I-485, EAD I-765, and AP I-131 you will wait for the National Benenfits Center (NBC)to send your AP and EAD. The NBC will forward your I-485 to CSC or to your local office for an interview.

Was the post on sending the I-130 a typo? Because sending an I-130 was not neccessary and will cause some confusion to the USCIS.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Was the post on sending the I-130 a typo? Because sending an I-130 was not neccessary and will cause some confusion to the USCIS.

OP is adjusting status more than 2 year after marriage, that's why I-130 was neccessary.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Timeline

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this topic. From your timeline you enetered on a K1 and was married within 90 days. Being out of status for a K1 entrant is normally forgiven by the USCIS.

If you sent in the AOS I-485, EAD I-765, and AP I-131 you will wait for the National Benenfits Center (NBC)to send your AP and EAD. The NBC will forward your I-485 to CSC or to your local office for an interview.

The main reason my wife sent in the I-130 was to get the 10 year GC and not the 2 year.

We might get it and we may not, but we didn't want to take the chance of not as we filed 2 years after our marriage.

And yes I did marry within the 90 days of arriving on the K1.

Thanks again everyone.

And yes I did marry within the 90 days of arriving on the K1.

Thanks again everyone.

Oh my mistake on the marriage date. Everything else still stands though. Good luck!

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.