2,059 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ive got a question. So the NVC has sent and received the approved application in Moscow. What is the next step? I gave them a call yesterday and they said we have to pay for the Visa upfront using an MRV receipt before we can schedule an interview. Also they said they would send her some information but most of it can already be found online as to what to bring for the interview. I was expecting them to first send packet 3 then set up interview then pay for Visa, then possible approval. Im a bit confused by this very strange order of things. anybody filing in Moscow had the same process or can someone give insight as to whether this is ok? Thanks

Yozhik

You might want to repost this in the Russian region section because each embassy is different and it helps more if you go to regional discussion after you're done with the NVC (that's why I kind of disappeared :lol: )

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, yes. Our NOA1 was received May 31. They have yet to touch our application

TB just because you havent seen a Touch doesnt mean they are not working on your Petition. We didnt receive one either and all of a sudden we got Email./Txt we were approved! Keep the Faith, Its coming!:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Eduardo's visa was approved on Thursday! He said the interview went great and the women who did the interview was very friendly and they had a few good laughs together. And he was able to go pick up the visa later that day! We have already bought his plane ticket and he'll be here Saturday! Good luck to you all who are still waiting... It will come!!!!

1-6-2011: Met Eduardo serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala

5-2-2011: Left Guatemala to return to the US

5-18-2011: Mailed I-129F Petition

5-25-2011: Received NOA1

9-2-2011: NOA2 approved!

9-9-2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy

9-12-2011: NVC told me our petition had been received and gave me the case #

9-15-2011: Our petition arrived at the Embassy in Guatemala

11-10-11: Eduardo's interview date

11-19-11: US Entry through Atlanta, GA

12-17-11: We got Married!

1-4-12: Filed Adjustment of Status/Employment Authorization

1-17-12: NOA1 for AOS/EAD

2-14-12: Biometrics Appointment in Atlanta, GA

2-18-12: AOS transfer to CSC

3-1-12: EAD Approval (57 days)

Timeline

Eduardo's visa was approved on Thursday! He said the interview went great and the women who did the interview was very friendly and they had a few good laughs together. And he was able to go pick up the visa later that day! We have already bought his plane ticket and he'll be here Saturday! Good luck to you all who are still waiting... It will come!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:dance::dance::thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

I sent mine in May 19th, I haven't heard from them, I been waiting and checking the website almost everyday, but still haven't seen any good news..I been praying hopefully i get to hear some good news soon..

You Will!! Just hang in there, Its coming!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

You Will!! Just hang in there, Its coming!:thumbs:

Hi SouthCalhog,

Thank you, but the problem is Im worried about it if we don't get the interview on December since I still have school and I have break from school for like 3 weeks in December to go to Australia and that was my plan. On top of that my fiance is an international student study in Australia, he just finished school with his degree and his visa is studying in Australia will expired on February, 2012. With that said, I hope to get to hear from VSC and get interview like in December, otherwise, my fiance has to extend his visa which he will pay like at least $2000 to extend the visa if everything is going smoothly. If not, he will go back to Vietnam, which will be 100 time harder for the paperwork to process. I'm very scared and we both are very worried about it. Since I'm a student and can't afford the ticket to go visit him. I miss him and i been patiently waiting, but i just realized that I will hit 7 months waiting in 4 days. My fiance suggests me to call them. i will probably call them tomorrow and hope something miracle happens.

Timeline

Hi SouthCalhog,

Thank you, but the problem is Im worried about it if we don't get the interview on December since I still have school and I have break from school for like 3 weeks in December to go to Australia and that was my plan. On top of that my fiance is an international student study in Australia, he just finished school with his degree and his visa is studying in Australia will expired on February, 2012. With that said, I hope to get to hear from VSC and get interview like in December, otherwise, my fiance has to extend his visa which he will pay like at least $2000 to extend the visa if everything is going smoothly. If not, he will go back to Vietnam, which will be 100 time harder for the paperwork to process. I'm very scared and we both are very worried about it. Since I'm a student and can't afford the ticket to go visit him. I miss him and i been patiently waiting, but i just realized that I will hit 7 months waiting in 4 days. My fiance suggests me to call them. i will probably call them tomorrow and hope something miracle happens.

YES..... Call them and ask to speak to a Tier 2 person. if you just talk to the person that answer the call they dont know anything just programmed to answer Standard Questions. With a tier 2 they can look on comp for your file.Ask for tier 2 person. Good Luck! Keep Us Posted!:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Okay, I will do that and see. Thanks Southcalhog.

if Its a 100 times harder to get paperwork done in Vietnam then i would think you guys best choice would be to extend the Visa! unless Finances is a issue then i dont know.If thats the case have faith and go back and pray about it and im sure you will receive your Visa. But you can never arrange events based on USCIS or any Embassy timeline. Good Luck!! and You Welcome!:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I just called USCIS and was transfered to Tier 2 for the first time. Tier 2 customer service rep told me that I was over the 5 month time and he put it in the service request for me. He also gave me reference number and said if I dont hear anything by Nov 29 to call back and I could speak to the officer that is handling my case. So everyone thats waiting go ahead and call for service request. Good luck everyone and espacially my fellow may filer Team Katman.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To my May friends still awaiting their NOA 2. They updated processing times at USCIS website back to 5 months again. Call for your service requests if you haven't already. I am praying for Team Katman in particular. HUGS TO YOU!!!!

THANK YOU!!! I'll get my fiance to call USCIS when he gets home from work today. Oh God, please please please...

I just called USCIS and was transfered to Tier 2 for the first time. Tier 2 customer service rep told me that I was over the 5 month time and he put it in the service request for me. He also gave me reference number and said if I dont hear anything by Nov 29 to call back and I could speak to the officer that is handling my case. So everyone thats waiting go ahead and call for service request. Good luck everyone and espacially my fellow may filer Team Katman.

Thank you, me&him! You should be getting some good news soon!

Naturalization Journey

02-08-2016: N-400 sent

03-08-2016: Biometrics appointment

03-11-2016: Notification "in-line for interview"

04-04-2016: Received interview letter (for May 11)

05-11-2016: Interview (passed!)

06-27-2016: Oath ceremony-->I'm a US citizen!

ROC Journey

06-16-2014: I-751 application package sent to VSC

06-20-2014: Date of NOA1

07-18-2014: Biometrics appointment

11-18-2014: Case transferred to CSC

02-24-2015: ROC approved!!

AOS Journey
02-06-2012: I-485 (plus I-765 and I-131) sent
02-14-2012: Requested an expedite of my EAD due to job offer
02-29-2012: Contacted congressman to help with EAD expedite request
03-02-2012: EAD + AP approved! (Day 25)
09-27-2012: Green card received! (no interview!)

K-1 Visa Journey
05-18-2011: NOA1
11-21-2011: NOA2 *only* 187 days from NOA1!
01-05-2012: Interview at consulate in Vancouver, Canada - visa approved!!!!
01-18-2012: Wedding!!! Yay! We are married!!!

I just called the office for the first time for my case, and this morning i requested for an expedite, and I got the email for denying the expedite. So i just called the USCIS again,

and got to talk to the tier 2 person, and he put me on hold for him to call the service center. SO then he told me that I will hear from the office by November 29th, 2011, however, he didn't give me the reference numbers. SO now, I just hope and pray that by November 29th, I get to hear the good result from them, otherwise I'm very stressed out. I'm a full time student and finals are coming up early December so I just pray that I get to hear some good news from the office. If not, I would be having a hear attack or something. Let's hope for good news May 2011 FIlers.

in love, we will do anything it takes to be together with our love ones. Waiting until the day to be with my fiance...seeing his smiles, his silliness and when he makes me mad. Just miss those moments, still counting and counting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.