Veronik

Where's my money?!?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, just wondering if anyone has ever faced the same situation...

I mailed my Income Tax return late March, and enrolled for direct deposit. I just went online this morning on the Quick Access tool of the CRA, and it says on there that my refund was mailed on April 21st... :blink: I called the 1-800 number, talked to representative, and he said that the information was correct, the refund was mailed, and that I should wait another week before calling back and see how I can get another check sent to me. #######???

Has anyone ever had the same problem before? I know that the weekend of the 21st was a long weekend, but still, that means that it was most likely mailed on April 26th, and that makes it 14 business days... :huh:

Thanks for your much appreciated input! I'm so mad 'cause I could certainly used that money right now :ranting:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, just wondering if anyone has ever faced the same situation...

I mailed my Income Tax return late March, and enrolled for direct deposit. I just went online this morning on the Quick Access tool of the CRA, and it says on there that my refund was mailed on April 21st... :blink: I called the 1-800 number, talked to representative, and he said that the information was correct, the refund was mailed, and that I should wait another week before calling back and see how I can get another check sent to me. #######???

Has anyone ever had the same problem before? I know that the weekend of the 21st was a long weekend, but still, that means that it was most likely mailed on April 26th, and that makes it 14 business days... :huh:

Thanks for your much appreciated input! I'm so mad 'cause I could certainly used that money right now :ranting:

Since it's just going regular mail, sounds pretty normal to me - sometimes my parent's letters take 2-3 weeks to get to VA, but mine only take a week to get back to them - weird.

At whatever address you're at - did you register your name at the post office as the official residents for that address? When we moved I ensured i registered my married name and my maiden name - I didn't want them accidentally not delivering something that came from Canada in my old name.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Well, actually the refund was mailed to my parents' address in Canada... That's why I think it's weird it's taken so long to get there :wacko:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Well, actually the refund was mailed to my parents' address in Canada... That's why I think it's weird it's taken so long to get there :wacko:

mail to Canada from the us taking long? no way really? /end sarcasm....

sorry im not being sarcastic at you but at the stupid retarded USPS. here in Chicago it takes OVER A MONTH for my td visa cheque to get to Toronto (which is like a 5 hour freaking car ride) and be cashed. every month i get a statement saying my payment was late...its absolutely retarded.

and yet..the day i pay comcast and comed...within 3 days i get a new bill ...ironic..bills to me get here fast..

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Hahaha, gosh I know...

But no, my refund check was mailed from Canada to Canada, at my parents address, and it supposedly left on April 21st.... Anyone out there ever had to deal with a lost refund check or anything of that matter? :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why are you not questioning the fact that you enrolled in direct deposit and you had a check sent to you?? That is what is strange to me.

And the "snail mail" question... I have had things take up to 4 weeks to get to me. That is why I never use the mail anymore. I got my direct deposit into my account with 18 days of filing. If I had requested a check, I may still be looking for it :rofl:

Anyhow, good luck getting your refund.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think yer CRA refund was diverted to pay for a new troop of Mounties' uniforms. Just a thought.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ha Ha Ha, very funny :lol:

I DID ask for direct deposit! I just don't understand what the hell happened, and why it's taking so long for an envelope to go from one city to another one that's actually 4 hours away... Beats me...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ha Ha Ha, very funny :lol:

I DID ask for direct deposit! I just don't understand what the hell happened, and why it's taking so long for an envelope to go from one city to another one that's actually 4 hours away... Beats me...

CRA Sucks with direct deposit, I had the same problem a few years back, If and when you call back due to not receiving the check I would ask them why it was not put in direct deposit and if there is anyway to have it sent that way so it does not get LOST again. 14 days doesn't seem that long but I have had many things come from CRA and other companies before, child tax,tax refunds,gst, etc and they usually only take 7-10 business days at the latest. Most the time their letters are dated for a few days before however maybe it stopped for some timmies along the way... MMMM Timmies.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think when you file from out of country that you are able to get direct deposit. My CPF/accountant told me something about this and I remember last year having to have my cheque mailed to me.

But since you are only having it sent in Canada, your parents should have recieved it within a week of it being mailed. I would definitely call again next week and see if they can issue a new cheque.

Timeline

Thanks guys, I'm glad to see that this issue seemed to have happened before -the direct deposit thing. I'll given them until Wednesday I think, and call again... It's just so damn frustrating!!! I could have had my money on the 21st!!! :angry:

Timeline

I was always on direct deposit before I left so when I filed after leaving it still went to my existing Direct dep account.

Did you say - was it Direct deposit to a a Cdn account? If it was to a US account I can see why they didn't.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think it's been absconded to build the 2000 kilogram poutine mound for the weekend (Guinness is watching) in Montreal. (that's my second thought)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hahaha, gosh I know...

But no, my refund check was mailed from Canada to Canada, at my parents address, and it supposedly left on April 21st.... Anyone out there ever had to deal with a lost refund check or anything of that matter? :(

OHHH is this canada? yeah i had that happen with a GST cheque. they had to wait a month to make sure i never cashed it and write it off or some such , then they reissued me a new cheque. took about 2 months just for that..bloody retarded if you ask me.

Yeah, I had requested a direct deposit to a canadian account...

i was told if my address is usa that they can't do direct deposit. so i'm going to assume they though it was a us bank and not a cdn bank...even though it really was a cdn bank.

note if you live in the usa i've heard it takes 6 months as they drag their feet since you are not longer living here. think i read that on one of the huge tax threads.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.