Kammo

Filed in late January, no touch since March 4

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm just curious if any one who filed in late January is in the same boat as us or if anyone has been lucky enough to have an appointment date in view?

I hope that no touch and no news means good and not bad?

Have any of you started on your immunization proof or criminal check? I'm wondering if I should start those soon?

Wish the rest of you luck :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm just curious if any one who filed in late January is in the same boat as us or if anyone has been lucky enough to have an appointment date in view?

Have any of you started on your immunization proof or criminal check? I'm wondering if I should start those soon?

Unfortunately, you are long way off from an appointment date. We filed in late October, got our NOA March 31st. They first touched the file Feb 23rd.

It can take 5 months to get your NOA. Then you need to follow instructions from the NVC. Work on getting your documents now. All of them as some take along time to get.

Good Luck!

Marriage 2010-10-09

I-130 Sent : 2010-10-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-10-20

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-31

NVC Received : 2011-04-13

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-22

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-22

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-26

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-05-03

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-05-01

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-27

Pay IV Bill : 2011-04-27

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-04-29

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-05-20

Interview Date Montreal : 2011-07-19

Interview Result : Approved

POE Coutts, Ab : 2011-07-29

I-751 Sent : May 01, 2013

Early Biometrics : May 28, 2013

I-751 Approved: August 26, 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No news unfortunately simply means no news. You may get a touch and you may not. In our case, there was a single touch about 6 weeks after we filed and then nothing until we were approved--ignore the whole touch issue--best case it will drive you crazy, and worst case make you worried.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately, you are long way off from an appointment date. We filed in late October, got our NOA March 31st. They first touched the file Feb 23rd.

It can take 5 months to get your NOA. Then you need to follow instructions from the NVC. Work on getting your documents now. All of them as some take along time to get.

Good Luck!

Oh, believe me! I have no false hope that I'll see an interview anytime soon! I have small hope I'll be living with my husband within a year from now.

Have you heard anything since March 31st?

Best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Oh, believe me! I have no false hope that I'll see an interview anytime soon! I have small hope I'll be living with my husband within a year from now.

Best of luck.

Im at a couple days shy of 6 months and nothing..service request later said working on it, call back in 6 more months if not heard anything..very frustrating... :blink:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Best of luck.

Within a year is realistic, to get an interview within 5-6 months unrealistic!

We also filed in Jan and had one touch on the 23rd feb and yes it would be nice to see it move, but never take it that because they havent touched dont mean they are not working on it in the background.

The first 5 months they are doing back ground checks on your USC partner and checking each form filed carefully.

I have already got my police cert, but for UK embassy, it lasts 12 months before I need to renew it and we are already...ready for the NVC stage.

I would check how long your police cet is valid for in Canada, colate any civl documents you might need to send to your hubby, check your injections to see if they are up to date and if you require any.....I have sourced an outlet o get my US style photos done when I need to and done a lot of research intothe next phase as the NVC stage is the benifactors stage...your stage, your application of the DS-230 is formally asking for the CR-1 Visa and a good idea to understand all the steps along the way as you will have control at what speed this goes unlike the stage you are in currently!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Best of luck.

Since March 31st, we have:

1)Chosen the Agent (my husband who is the USC)

2)Filed the Affidavit of Support

3)Electronically filed the DS230

After we paid for both of them, all done online.

You can see my timeline, it's all accurate.

So far no bumps along the way, we are being very proactive and taking care to do everything right.

We hope for an interview day sometime this summer in Montreal.

Getting all your documents originals or certified copies is your top priority right now. Read everything you can on this forum it is very helpful, come here everyday until you have everything memorized. There is a wealth of info here, we all started as newbies just like you.

Good luck! :)

Edited by MBK

Marriage 2010-10-09

I-130 Sent : 2010-10-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-10-20

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-31

NVC Received : 2011-04-13

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-22

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-22

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-26

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-05-03

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-05-01

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-27

Pay IV Bill : 2011-04-27

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-04-29

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-05-20

Interview Date Montreal : 2011-07-19

Interview Result : Approved

POE Coutts, Ab : 2011-07-29

I-751 Sent : May 01, 2013

Early Biometrics : May 28, 2013

I-751 Approved: August 26, 2013 dancin5hr.gif

I filed in late January as well.. It got touched once on Feb. 14th... but nothing since then..Lets hope we get some good news soon...so we can start the NVC process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.